1911 Picture Thread

Well the only reason they went with the Beretta was because the SIG Sauer was more expensive.

Actually the SIG was cheaper, it was the cost of the accesories that let it down. That and Beretta promised the US they would make a factory in the US with the intent of mass producing the firearm for the army (and making a few quid making models they could sell direct to the US market).

Even though the SIG is better than the M9 and the 1911A1 is better than both.

Just wish i had more of them or the money to get decent MBKs to make them a little different.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I thought the SIG was $100 more expensive.

Per gun with one standard magazine it was actually about $5 cheaper per SIG, but when you added all the other bits into the cost then yes they were much dearer per gun.

Considering i have had 14 1911 pistols (and a 5.1) i still think i need more, like my project build, the Coltonics. And to finish off my Night Warrior custom with a different safety and hammer.

'FireKnife'

Tatu, go and defeat the enemy.

It's Higgins sir.

What did you say?!?!

It's Higgins sir, the name is Higgins.

#Slap# What's your name?!?!

Tatu sir.

:P

Damn i need to watch more Family Guy, it is me or do all the handguns in FG look like 1911's drawn in MSPaint?

Actually they do in the newer Simpsons too.

'FireKnife'

They always seem to have a 1911 shape in most cartoons I think. Apart from Anime which makes the effort to draw the guns accurately they ae depicting. Which varies.

Apart from the S&W's in South Park and the bullpup G36's that they have.

I must admit i could do with more 1911's, plus something double action as i plan to do some instructional videos at some point geared at CQB and airsoft pistols, so nice to have a representative of all that is available.

'FireKnife'

Maybe a little lol. I love the fact that there are sooooooo many different variations of a 1911 you can get. There is no other weapon as customisable. And I like to think I'd be more like Tom Selleck, minus the mustache, I still can't grow one :(

31670_391312607190_684242190_4610947_7431317_n.jpg

I dont think it's a good look :P

Edited by spetsnazdave87
Guys, the next post better be a picture. WAAAAAAY too much talk about ballistics, Steven Seagal, mustaches and Steven Seagal. This is a picture thread, take that ###### to off topic.

Ok

pict00014q.jpg

Modernised Detonics, now just waiting to see if i can wrangle some of those sights off the Strike Warrior for it.

'FireKnife'

I plan to get a Enviro Chrome model at some point and do a switch over on the controls and the slide to give me a pair of two tone Detonics, may even have them as a skirmish loadout with long 1911 mags to make up for the standard mags smaller capactiy.

'FireKnife'