1911 Picture Thread

Considering some of Marui's markings the one on the side of the Night Warrior slide isn't that bad, plus the sights are a damn site better than other 1911 ones, mostly as they are standard with 3-dots that work well.

Only issue i have is the same i have with all Marui 1911s, the terrible ambi safety, the one item that i change straight away to a single side.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I've already accquired a raven pdi barrel. Just need a slide replacing with either a standard nightwarrior or MEU one or a metal MEU one. Hopefully a metal threaded outer barrel will be added too.

I'll be keeping the sights as is as I like them. And the x200 will be changed for a x300.

As for a holster for it I don't know yet. As long as it's left handed I'm not fussed.

Went for mainly nova springfield parts, Mike Cripps wanted a LOT of money for a 'close enough' gun that would have been using a KJW slide, Kruck's assembling it for me as he's better with GBBs than I am, but I'll be sanding the slide and carving the grips myself :)

It's not exact (trigger holes, grip safety and slide markings are different) but its the best I can do without compromising on quality, and all for about £400 less than elite was going to charge...

That picture is brilliant fireknife.

Think i might actually put the date is was commissioned (March 29th i believe) but thanks. Tis true.

Hammer supposed to be a colt commander one but looks close enough to the kimber for me.

Well if you go by the in-game MGS3 one it is a sliver Commander hammer, but the one is MGS4 looks like the skeletonised Kimber. Oddly the two versions, 3 and 4, don't look that similar. However i am tempted just to stick to a regular 1911A1 and this time i will say 'no, Snake did not get beaten up by a woman in a bondage outfit, he kicked her *albatross*' :P.

'FireKnife'

Well if you go by the in-game MGS3 one it is a sliver Commander hammer, but the one is MGS4 looks like the skeletonised Kimber. Oddly the two versions, 3 and 4, don't look that similar. However i am tempted just to stick to a regular 1911A1 and this time i will say 'no, Snake did not get beaten up by a woman in a bondage outfit, he kicked her *albatross*' :P.

Couldn't find enough good reference pics of the MGS3 one (not high enough resolution) so the MGS4 one will have to do.

Interesting point about the bondage outfit worn by the boss, have you seen Xmen first class? As Rose Byrne's character wears a very similar looking flightsuit type thing in Cuba... I'm wondering if they're not based on a real-life era equivalent (or if the XM1C costume designer is a MGS fan).

Edited by spetsnazdave87
Interesting point about the bondage outfit worn by the boss, have you seen Xmen first class? As Rose Byrne's character wears a very similar looking flightsuit type thing in Cuba... I'm wondering if they're not based on a real-life era equivalent (or if the XM1C costume designer is a MGS fan).

Well you never know, the Soviets may have invented a sneaking suit like i MGS3, though the Shagohod was a step too far :P

Though i must admit i found all of three pics of the MGS3 in good enough quality to use and that found a while, though i do have the game, just never play it. May have a look a bit later in the first scene when Naked Snake gets it off EVA (and that too :P).

Anyway, messed up Night Warrior Custom:

oddnw.jpg

Or, i got bored and so used GIMP 2.

'FireKnife'