1911 Picture Thread

I don't see why not, as your in the States if you can find a local shop that sells them i am sure they wouldn't mind test fitting to a real 1911 so long as you phone up and arrange it beforehand.

'FireKnife'

Thanks for the help, but since no US dealers stock the VFC V1911, and since curiosity got the best of me, I went ahead and ordered one of the lights from ehobbyasia. I ordered on Saturday and it arrived today (Friday). Very nice and super fast shipping. :) Anyway, I can now confirm this light does fit a real 1911 without modifications to the housing. I noticed the housing fit looser than my real Surefire 610R/310R ever did. Unfortunately, the slide lock/release lever does not work because it is too long. That is fine, though, because I don't think the VFC slide lock/release would hold up to the recoil and shock of a real 1911. So, I am going to have my local gunsmith fabricate one from my factory slide lock/release lever. I can post pics of it mounted to my real 1911 if anyone is interested. :)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

My latest addition … TM MEU stock, plenty scratched, custom Kimber Trigger, original VZ grips and VFC Surefire R310 clone (dissabled according to German law … what a pitty but worth the looks … a long dream comming true):

You have to disable... a flashlight?

Yes. You are only allowed dummys. Without giving light … better be lucky that you dont' have to deal with such ######. :(

Yes, slidelock lever comes with the light and is extra long to fix the light on both sides to the frame. Fit without modification, but the slide doesn't lock yet on my model, but you can push it into place. I guess it will wear off with time and then work nicely.

Anyway this is more a show-off and display setting, as holsters for R310 are hard to find these days. So not really practical lights for gaming. The new Surefire and M3/6 lights are a better pick for players. But I like the look of the old Surefire, that's why I got one.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Yes. You are only allowed dummys. Without giving light … better be lucky that you dont' have to deal with such ######. :(

As much as I will *badgeress* and winge about UK law, and potential new laws coming round to make things worse, I know that there are others in worse positions.

Airsoft is unfairly tarred with the same ejits who shouldn't be let out of the rubber rooms in the first place ¬.¬

Would be good to see.

'FireKnife'

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you and post pics. I have been busy with school and I didn't have my camera with me over the weekend. Anyway, here's some pics of it. The gun is a RIA (Rock Island Armory) 1911 Tactical. The pistol used to have a silver frame, but I got it Cerakoted black, that's why it has a slight semi-gloss look to it. I am going to get my slide Cerakoted next. Cerakote is ceramic based and virtually eliminates the possibility of rust, even when the gun gets wet. It is also one of the most durable firearm coating on the market today. Here's the gun with the VFC V1911 310 (correct designation is 310, not "310R" or "R310") replica mounted up. I still haven't gotten my real steel slide stop modified yet, so I filed the VFC slide stop to mount it for now.

Here it is with the VFC bezel installed into the housing:

IMG_1286.jpg

Here it is with a Surefire L30 bezel installed: (notice how the VFC bezel is a little more shiny than the Surefire)

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

As you can see here, the VFC slide stop doesn't extend far enough into the frame to be engaged by the follower:

IMG_1292.jpg

Here's a comparison between the VFC and Surefire bezels. (VFC on left, Surefire on right) Notice how the finish on the Surefire is a dull semi-gloss, compared to the VFC, which has a shinier finish.

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Here is the light turned on with the VFC bezel:

IMG_1302.jpg

Here it is again, but with the Surefire bezel (Surefire is running an aftermarket CREE LED)

IMG_1303.jpg

As much as I will *badgeress* and winge about UK law, and potential new laws coming round to make things worse, I know that there are others in worse positions.

Airsoft is unfairly tarred with the same ejits who shouldn't be let out of the rubber rooms in the first place ¬.¬

It looks like you feel the same way about airsoft laws, in your country, that I feel about firearms laws in my country.

Nice used look on that 1911A1.

Well this is for all the purists out there:

dscf0001a.jpg

:P

She is nearly finished, just needs some different grips (not sure what ones yet) and a black rather than silver bushing (anyone want to trade a TM MEU one for the Night Warrior one?).

'FireKnife'

Not too keen on wood grips plus as it is a plastic Marui i plan to use one of the sets of weighted grips to keep the balance, just not sure what ones. The ones from the Foliage Warrior have good grip and are slim but the colour is just awful.

Though while i am here:

dscf00012x.jpg

As much as i like my Resi grips i use them for display only now.

'FireKnife'

Well the TM Warrior black ones are good, but feel bulky on what is a slim 1911 build.

Might just have to Krylon the Marpat ones and see how they feel.

And the weights in real Pachmyars aren't that heavy compared to the TM inserts.

'FireKnife'

I think with that type of pistol a black bushing would look better. If you were going for some exotic grips the silver bushing would look rather cool.

Well i tried it using the bushing on my 1911A1 and it just doesn't look right, so i will stick with the silver one then look at what grips to go with it.

'FireKnife'