1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

It's great thanks!

Blowback is crisp and punchy on green gas, will invest in a PDI TBB and 9Ball rubber to get more range and accuracy out of it.

I was told the other day that I was being pretentious for having one :rofl:

Edited by bladerunner168

Hows the GRP? Thinking of getting a Talon.

I have the Talon. I'm going to get a GRP as well. I like it. A lot. I don't know if it's necessarily worth the asking price since so many thing were skipped during the build leaving the overall gun aesthetically inaccurate and because internally, it's just a straight run of the mill TM 1911/MEU. But at the end of the day, I still love mine. If you're a stickler for aesthetic accuracy like I am you'll want to change:

Hammer ... they used a MEU trigger which is a bit different than the NHC one. Airsoft Surgeon makes a two tone one that is similar but not perfect. But close enough (IMO).

Trigger ... they used a MEU trigger which is a bit different than the NHC one. Nova or LCT makes the correct shape.

Barrel bushing ... should be silver instead of black. Nova makes a good replacement silver bushing.

Grip screws ... should be hex type. Airsoft Surgeon makes these.

Safety ... should be a left side only, not ambi. Also slightly different shape/profile

Sights ... this gun won't accept most (any) aftermarket airsoft sights. The cut out for the front sight is also really far forwards making most M1911/MEU sights to hang over the front of the slide, over the barrel. I wanted to use the Gunsmodify sights, but they wouldn't work with this body kit. I kept the sights as they are and used Nitesiters in a two dot setup.

Magwell ... The GRP is fine without one, but the Talon is supposed to have a NHC magwell. TSC makes something close, but it's a horrible shiny color. I'm going to go with an S&A or Larry Vickers style mag well by Nova.

Magazine ... I felt a little screwed over in that they provide you with a regular 1911 black mag rather than a MEU mag. Performance wise it's no different, but the lack of a bumper/base plate on the bottom just looks odd to me.

The above really only applies if you're super fixated on getting the gun to look exactly like their floor models. Now, that said, NightHawkCustom is a custom shop. It is perfectly reasonable to imply that the gun Redwolf makes could actually come from NHC the way Redwolf sells it since NHC is very clear with their clientele that they'll happily install any parts, be it theirs or other manufacturers into the guns before shipment. So yes, if someone were to say to you your gun isn't accurate, you could just as easily say, actually it is, I simply wanted a customized version of the Talon/GRP built to my own specs.

Internally, I asked the gun smith at Redwolf what he'd recommend and he suggested to upgrade the barrel to a PDI TBB and the Airsoft Surgeon Upgrade Combo. He recommended against the lightweight blowback housing / Piston, and felt that the Nineball bucking wasn't necessary. The only thing I'd still like to try is the Nineball bucking since I've heard a lot of good things about them, but while I was in HK during August, pretty much all the stores (including the ones listing them as in stock online) were actually out of stock.

I'm really hoping that they come out with GRP Recon as I would very much like a pistol with a light mount on it. And an NHC Enforcer Recon too.

• Like 1

That is so far the coolest Detonics-variant I have seen.

Cheers man :) Friend of mine picked up the complete externals of a strike warrior from another friend's left over project, and bought a box of random Detonics/1911 parts for £25, and that pistol was the result. It's pretty much entirely brand new, shoots fantastically and cost a total of about £35, along with 2 mags. Success :D

Cheers man :) Friend of mine picked up the complete externals of a strike warrior from another friend's left over project, and bought a box of random Detonics/1911 parts for £25, and that pistol was the result. It's pretty much entirely brand new, shoots fantastically and cost a total of about £35, along with 2 mags. Success :D

do care to share a parts list for that? :P

• Like 1

do care to share a parts list for that? :P

Gladly :)

TM Detonics lower assembly + Mags

TM Strike warrior slide + TM Detonics internals (Inc. Inner/Outer, Hop, recoil bits, etc)

TM Strike warrior Front kit; Took some work to fit, including:

Dremelling 4 holes for the alignment tabs on the rail in the Detonics lower

Sanding about 2mm~ off the rear face of the strike plate to allow the slide to return to battery, due to the Detonics frame being slightly shorter than the 4.3 frame so the masher sat a tiny bit too far back.

Not hugely complicated or difficult or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly unique :P

• Like 1
I realised I was unprepared should I find myself having a gunfight in a cupboard, so me and a friend built this; http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010589.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010588.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Hoorj/P1010584.jpg

I need that pistol in my life.

You also need 40 round mags in that pistol ;)

• Like 1

This is what I'm making :P With FA only mod as well. and 2 of them :P I was originally going to extend the outer barrel, but that would of had to be custom made and was being a real pain, so this seems a better solution.

Edited by WhiteHawksan
  • Like 1

Awesome hwagan! Can you post a pic of the business end? :P

Cheers dude - I shall do so this evening, couldn't get any decent ones in last night's rain!

Heh, it's definitely something I've thought of :P Although I'm considering changing my Hicapa to a single stack frame and getting some 40's for that.

This is what I'm making :P With FA only mod as well. and 2 of them :P I was originally going to extend the outer barrel, but that would of had to be custom made and was being a real pain, so this seems a better solution.

Full auto mod... Probably shouldn't have mentioned that... Now I'm getting ideas! :P The detonics length inner doesn't seem to negatively affect the performance at all, it's still rangey as hell and pretty accurate. I can't see a way of getting an extended outer through the strike face without a lot of work, but it'll cover an extended inner relatively well except for a tiny bit visible between the outer barrel/rear of the strike face.

I love that hwagan...very much so. Its not very often I bother to post in these threads too :P

Thanks man... I feel all kinds of special! :D

• Like 1

Choosker from RWA

USCM: Yeah I've both types. If you look closely you can see that the surefire switch is attached with the top philips screws. I needed a countersunk(?) screws for those and I just bought what I first grabbed in hardware store. I would have used the normal ones that were supplied with the frame kit but since they weren't countersunk they stuck out of the grip. Hope that made sense :D