USMC Loadouts

Misfit

Buy the Propper Woodland Digital than... same MARPAT colors, ACU cut (yeah yeah) but it gets the job done. I cant find anything on ebay in my awkward sizes (XL L trousers and L L tops). My Ebay foo is horrid though and I'm not patient enough to wait for them (I hate being US Born sometimes :D) to bid snipe.

I will go the Propper route as I did with my Woodland and spend 65$ on a complete set rather than pay 100$ for the real set. I'm not bothered by ACU cut, and I'm certainly not going to get flustered if a marine complains to me about having ACU cut MARPAT. Times are tough, I'm glad I have any money coming from the governments (State and fed) at all. Last year my total tax return was all of 7$ lol, this year I'm at about 200$ LOL. Maybe change is good? <shrugs> :unsure:

You should be able to secure a set of both woodland and desert MCCUU's from just about any surplus store.

check your local surplus stores before going with the proper ACU cut.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*gives handful of nickels to urpeacekeeper, change is good, no? :) *

C7A2 stock is a distinct possibility since Diemaco is now Colt Canada and they probably could supply those stocks OTS pretty fast if the Corps settles on that solution.

And that'd be Good, since it'd mean more Diemaco / Colt Canada parts for airsoft makers to flog...

There is no need nor way the USMC will have stocks from a Canadian company for their service rifles. The same buttstock is avaliable in the US from COLT or many other aftermarket companies. It is just an M4 LE stock so it is rather abundant.

What I am waiting too see is if and when they do make the change over what kind of variations you will see begin to pop up in the fleet. I have already seen a small handfull of this configuration in the fleet and fielded in Iraq by MARINES. It was an armorer level mod that was approved at the company level for some MARINES that were not able to effectively use the full stock M16A4. This is one such rifle I took a pic of last deployment:

2A4sonewithcranestockandonewithsoli.jpg

M16A4withcranestock.jpg

And this is a USARMY Rifle done the same way:

A2A4.jpg

i'm assuming it's for soldiers/marines with shorter arms?

It's technically called length of pull. It doesn't necessarily have to be associated with shorter arms, but that is a factor. It's nice to be able to adjust it (usually on sniper stocks) when you have your optics mounted with the ocular lens too far away (for example, if you have a night vision device attached, you can move your stock back without losing the zero on your scope). Also personal preference.

I guess it's also nice to have a smaller weapon when your moving around in confined spaces.

When I had my M16A4, I had trouble sometimes looking down my ACOG because the stock had my face too far from the scope.

Finally got my hands on a surplus MARPAT blouse. Didn't have any trousers my size though, so I'm still stuck with Tru-Spec pants. You can see the difference in coloring in my 2nd photo.

Are the M4 styled stocks for the SAW is pretty much the norm now? I noticed that my Para stock adds a bit of weight to the SAW, I am wondering if the M4 type stock is much lighter.

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1698.jpg

@Badly Browned

Yeah 99% of the SAW's I see out here in IRAQ from both USMC and Army have the M4 style stocks on them. Also for the SAW gunner look I saw alot of doods with 100 rounds nutsacks in dump pouches. I have seen about 4 different SAW gunners doing this. If you wan a neat touch for a SAW gunner kit try and get an extra outer barrel for the SAW and have it strapped to a pack.

*ahem*

XL/Lng Trousers

Lrg/Lng Top

Thank you, I'll take my cookies now. :P

Heh, 4 days remaining and not guarenteed to win either. The sooner I can get these the better. And by the end of those 4 days they will probably be up around 40$ + shipping for bottoms and 40$+ shipping for tops when I can get the Propper ACU cut for 20$ cheaper.

As to local surplus stores, the local surplus stores here only carry TruSpec no issued or used MCCUU's. There was one I guess that had used MCCUU's but they were all XS L, S L, and M-L for sizes so way to small for my lard *albartroth* :) I really dont mind the ACU Cut Propper stuff, my woodland has held up outstandinly and performs well so I think I'll just go that route again to save headache. Not 100% accurate, but it gets the job done.

EDIT:

Found a blouse if someone knows of a place that has the trouser for cheap (authentic) in XL-L let me know and I'll jump on the blouse.

Heh, 4 days remaining and not guarenteed to win either. The sooner I can get these the better. And by the end of those 4 days they will probably be up around 40$ + shipping for bottoms and 40$+ shipping for tops when I can get the Propper ACU cut for 20$ cheaper.

As to local surplus stores, the local surplus stores here only carry TruSpec no issued or used MCCUU's. There was one I guess that had used MCCUU's but they were all XS L, S L, and M-L for sizes so way to small for my lard *albartroth* :) I really dont mind the ACU Cut Propper stuff, my woodland has held up outstandinly and performs well so I think I'll just go that route again to save headache. Not 100% accurate, but it gets the job done.

EDIT:

Found a blouse if someone knows of a place that has the trouser for cheap (authentic) in XL-L let me know and I'll jump on the blouse.

I would recommend surplus genuine issue as they wear really well where i have a set of ACU cut propper marpat woodlands and they are a completely differant shade to the real thing same with the deserts to what i have seen but at least the propper stuff is really well made where i have ripped the bottoms out of tru spec and other makes in no time.

Plus if you have the advantage of being in the states getting hold of genuine surplus should be so much easier than if you were not.

If you can afford genuine buy it as it will last so much longer than copies ever will.

curlyboy

14bn86o.jpg

Company E Marines, from left, Pfc. Josh Williams, Cpl. Daniel Aguilera and Lance Cpl. Long Bui stand under the wing of a KC-130 refueler at Castle Airport here April 3. The infantrymen, who were en route to a simulated raid, serve with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit's ground-combat element, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, aka the Magnificent Bastards.

(Official U.S. Marine Corps. Photo by Gunnery Sgt. Scott Dunn)

28umss2.jpg

Company E Marines disembark to a waiting point April 3 at Castle Airport as the helicopter that brought them here lines up for fuel from a KC-130 refueler. Twelve helicopters, eight transporting infantrymen, stopped here during the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit's recent air-ground task force exercise. The infantrymen, who were en route to a simulated raid, serve with the MEU's ground-combat element, 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines, aka the Magnificent Bastards.

(Official U.S. Marine Corps. Photo by Gunnery Sgt. Scott Dunn)

Regards

16isim1.jpg

Cpl. Michael R. Osborne uses the designated marksman rifle, a variant of the standard issue M-14 in his duties as a marksman-observer. Osborne is a team leader with Special Reaction Team and is trained to engage targets as far out as 1,000 yards.

(Photo by Sgt. Rodolfo Toro : III Marine Expeditionary Force Public Affairs)

fyn428.jpg

Training and leadership shape Marine Special Reaction Team marksman-observers to be the best.

125nq5f.jpg

Cpl. Michael R. Osborne, marksman-observer with the Marine Corps Base Camp Butler Special Reaction Team, sights-in on his target during marksmanship drills March 12 on Camp Schwab's Range 10. Osborne and his team constantly train to improve their skills in and out of the field.

30hn1c9.jpg

Special Reaction Team marksman Marines sight-in with the help of observers during marksmanship drills at Camp Schwab's Range 10, March 12.

Archived