USMC Loadouts

Misfit

It actually is a very stable stance, but it takes a while to get used to. With knees bent and weight forward it's a great stance to control recoil for follow up shots. Your feet are square because the shoulders are square, you shoulders, hips and legs are in line. It's still an awkward stance for me to shoot from (especially with a rifle) but I shoot better squared up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the confusion here is that the Marines in the picture are using a qualification stance but wearing their combat gear. No where found is their rifles either, so they aren't practicing transitions either.

Second and third guy from the left is standing almost straight up!

I have found that standing almost straight up works fine for me. I am 6' tall and would always get told to bend down more. I also have a messed up back that requires me to stand tall almost all day. So that might have something to do with it.

Thanks to KWP and Agent Hunk! Some good M249 pics in there ^_^

I somewhat agree with KWP - while it may technically be forum legal to post random, oversized pics. I really do think it would be nice if people provided some background info to the pic (The orginal quote would be fine) as well as resize it to something a bit more friendly for viewers (Not everybody has ultra-fast broadband. While broadband down here in NZ works, everytime somebody puts one of those Marines.mil photos straight into this thread the entire page has a hernia because the picture is so large)

Don't do it because the Mods say so. Do something because it helps the thread and the people involved :)

McArthur, at least you got the point. Thanks! Some others also agreed with me, but chose to pm me instead of posting here.

However, forum rules are different and people like it, so we have to accept that.

About the FR shooting stance:

Shadownova is right. It's about facing any potential incoming round with the maximum coveraga of your body armour and escpecially the SAPI plates. Plus this stance helps to safely side step in indoor scenarios without having to take your eyes of the threat. Chris Costa from Magpul teaches that in the famous "Art of the tactical carbine Vol.1" video.

I have found that standing almost straight up works fine for me. I am 6' tall and would always get told to bend down more. I also have a messed up back that requires me to stand tall almost all day. So that might have something to do with it.

I can relate to this. I get told to do this and that with my back and likewise I have some back issues. If I stand the "proper way" my groupings go from very nice to very poor. But I always try to have proper foot placement, tight elbows, and present as much plate as possible.

i really dont think that airsofters have any right to question the shooting stance of a Force Recon Marine.

-Joe

Amen to that! I was taught the same stance when I cam to my current unit. It was a departure from everything I was taught as an MA (MP) and takes some getting used to. But as already mentioned here it IS very stable when done right and presents your plates to the target. If you don't present the plate then what the hell is the use of wearing all that ######? And this shooting posture is more than applicable to airsoft in the end shooting is shooting. Great pics posted so far.

The SPEC-OPS brand holster Joe was talking about is a nice holster they sell them at the MCX here in Iraq.

Hardly any different to the dessie MARPAT but it looks good. What's the chances of it being adopted?

Looks like they removed the dark brown from the dessie and added gray and blue.

Just like all the previous urban patterns I expect it to never being adopted.

Archived