USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, i was issued both as well. but i got rid of my bates for bellevilles; personal preference. and thats all that matters.

KWP: he is wearing danners. normal stuff. someday, ill buy a pair... but they are $$$

-Joe

But where are the stitched soles and why are the eyelets and tunnel loops black instead of a caramel brown. Also, his soles seem to have an extra layer and the leather is definitely a dull dark brown instead of a much lighter mojave/coyote brown. I suspect it's a custom made boot ... maybe made by Danner.

Wrong supressor, wrong body, uncommon stock, no BUIS, M4's don't have auto

KWP: His boots appear darker because he is a general who doesn't have to walk around in the moon-dust as much and also he probably wears brand new boots (and other uniform items) when visiting foreign heads of state. His boots are nothing special aside from being on the feet of a general.

Nah, you can see signs of wear and even mud on the latter two pics I posted. He wore those boots on many pictures of different dates and places and they always looked different. Just like any other Marine I'm sure he knows to appreciate broken-in boots. Besides, there are more indications that make it extraordinary as mentioned in my above reply to masakarijoe.

But where are the stitched soles and why are the eyelets and tunnel loops black instead of a caramel brown. Also, his soles seem to have an extra layer and the leather is definitely a dull dark brown instead of a much lighter mojave/coyote brown. I suspect it's a custom made boot ... maybe made by Danner.

Nah, you can see signs of wear and even mud on the latter two pics I posted. He wore those boots on many pictures of different dates and places and they always looked different. Just like any other Marine I'm sure he knows to appreciate broken-in boots. Besides, there are more indications that make it extraordinary as mentioned in my above reply to masakarijoe.

Or you know, he's a 4 star general who has immaculate sets of uniforms for different purposes like visiting heads of state. Look at the uniform he is wearing in the picture of him and Musharraf, clearly brand new.

I don't completely dismiss the possibility of a 4 Star general ordering a custom designed set of boots, but as someone who has worn and seen a lot of boots in Iraq... I think the simpler explanation is that he is a General who doesn't do a lot of foot traveling and thus his boots don't accumulate as much regolith.

also, Fatal, good one about the tears. I am going to quote that somewhere.

ryan sylvester: great looking M4. i dont see much wrong with it for a USMC impression, because this IS airsoft. there are only minor issues, but yeah, it would do great for a USMC impression.

but yes, USMC M4s come in both burst and auto.

and yeah, really... they are boots. jesus, this used to be the USMC thread.

i want to start a new one...

people need to chill out with tiny, insignificant details...

-Joe

Here's a picture to get this thread rolling again.

hires_090409-M-6159T-025b.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Garrett Coxwell breaches a door to set up an overwatch position during a local security patrol in Helmand province, Afghanistan, April 9, 2009. Coxwell is assigned to Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment. The Marines are conducting security patrols to prevent enemy freedom of movement. U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau
Seriously debating boot color with Marines. This gets more like the DEAL thread every day. :(

Can you read? It's not just about the colour, but about a couple other distinctive characteristics in order to identify the brand and model of specific boots worn by a Marine. What's wrong with that?

The only problem is I thought you guys like to discuss gear and help people, but I assumed too much.

@Fatal: Hotlinking is sooo uncool. If you dont' wanna use your photobucket or imageshack webspace, then just post the link to that photo here. Other than that nice pic and thanks for the caption.

For a second there, I thought those zip ties holding his PEQ were wires for a battery. :blush:

Yeah, those battery wires give it away. Bloody Airsoft Poser :D

Looks like a CRCH to me because its missing the straps, which are removable on the CRCH.

@ KWP - Boots look like Belleville to me, doesn't have the huge Danner sole.

Have seen such combinations several times. Why do Marines do that? They just want to be different, huh? :D

The discussed boots don't look like nothing issued nor available on the market.

Anyway, I better stop this question. People seem to like only easy questions and I really don't want to cause any headaches.

Archived