USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dod, you cant just "choose" to take an M14 from the armory. you get what they issue you, which aint gonna be that. but use it if you like, its your loadout.

it would take alot longer than a year to phase a new magazine in.

-Joe

Joe, I will have to disagree, with the proper manufacturing base, and the right amount of money Im sure it could it be done. IN the US the first is doable, the second not so much with the current massive deficit, but this isnt a political discussion board.

Also, H&K makes great products, so at lest you'll be getting good quality weapons, on that note, is the "lowest" bidder taken into account? As H&K could easily win this, since I would assume they already have a VERY large income, larger than the other competing companies, making them able to make a smaller margin of profit that the others.

Joe, I will have to disagree, with the proper manufacturing base, and the right amount of money Im sure it could it be done. IN the US the first is doable, the second not so much with the current massive deficit, but this isnt a political discussion board.

Also, H&K makes great products, so at lest you'll be getting good quality weapons, on that note, is the "lowest" bidder taken into account? As H&K could easily win this, since I would assume they already have a VERY large income, larger than the other competing companies, making them able to make a smaller margin of profit that the others.

larger income then colt? maybe i could probably believe that. Larger the FN? i would they are definitely close, but i would give it to FN on this.

Unfortunately it was only between them on the down select, and honestly i think should should stop just looking at the "Big 3". though i still think Hk shouldn't have won it and Colt should have( on paper at least). Would like to someday see what KAC submitted heard it was a Stoner LMG, then Ive also heard it was a Mag fed Stoner LMG, but doesn't look like they will say.

this could be good news though: http://soldiersystems.net/2009/12/06/cl-mag-from-armatac/

That CL mag in the link looks incredibly bulky to me. Anyone else agree?

Yea definitely looks Ginormous:

( another By the way)

112209mc_iar_800.JPG

But that unfortunately is a trade off, a little more Bulky nest( contradicting to IAR concept i know) for added ammo, and with the M4/416 it still ways less then a SAW.

Plus with that you can look at it 2 ways.

1.) I get a weapon in my squad that does a saws job( for the most part) that weighs less, and i only have to give up 50 rnds( if the saw has a 200rnd box on).

2.) I get a weapon in my squad that does a saws job( again for the most part) that weighs less, and i get 50 more rnds then before( if the saw has a 100rnd nutsack on).

but the IAR hasn't got a drum mag yet even though HK won the contract they have still yet to produce a magazine although i belive FN are still working on one.

if you read the articles i posted previously posted, HK hasn't won the contract (yet), they are still testing it.

BTW here's a another Article on it.

http://defensetech.org/2009/12/03/hk-wins-...ion-or-does-it/

Supposedly the USMC are still working on getting a functional 100-150 rnd drum mag for it. and FN and Armatac( posted above) are working on drum mags. Plus i would be surprised if enough grunts ask for it, that Magpul would come up with something.

and absolute worst case scenario, if someone running running the IAR need more ammo, they could buy either the FN, or armatac( if they release to civics, and they are reliable) out of pocket, which would suck though

Edit: i forgot to add that is supposedly working on a drum mag, but thats just a rumor at the monent.

not both, they used the OTV, not IOTV, however they did use the EOTV (lol i know confusing)

The IOTV is the Army's equivalent of the MTV, and the EOTV is just a regular OTV with full molle/pals webbing. there weren't a whole lot of EOTVs in use, but it would work :)

I can attest to the entry gear one, I have one its nice :) but he may have trouble getting it in the UK, and so I'd say the next best option is a Flyye one, that is if you fit Medium (37"-41" chest)

*EDIT* Ignore that last bit!

They won't let you buy it from EntryGear being British if I am reading this right.

Your Country is blocked. You have reached this page because your country is not on our list of authorized access locations. We have limited access to our web site in order to reduce the amount of erroneous traffic that is generated daily by foreign users that we do not offer our products to. Access to our web site is currently being limited to the list of countries as shown below. These locations represent the United States and countries where the U.S. has significant military presence. Continued access to our web site from any of these foreign countries does not permit any foreign buyer located in these countries to purchase products from Tactical Advantage, Inc.

Authorized Countries:

United States (including Alaska & Hawaii)

Puerto Rico

U.S. Virgin Islands

Afghanistan

Iceland

Iraq

Italy

Germany

Japan

Portugal

South Korea

Spain

United Kingdom

If you are in the U.S. military/U.S. DoD contractor located at an APO/FPO address in one of the above listed countries or if you are located elsewhere in the globe and feel that you have reached this page in error, please contact us and we can work with you to determine if our system has flagged you as a 'false positive' for our blocked countries list. We thank you for your understanding and our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Archived