USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corps has advanced gear on order

The Rugged All Terrain boot

Everyone deploying will be issued a pair of RAT boots. Built for temperate weather, they can keep your feet warm in freezing conditions provided Marines also wear their cold-weather-level socks. Chemically impregnated leather on the boots’ toes and heels, partnered with the stitch-down design, increases their life span from one year to two, said Lt. Col. A.J. Pasagian, head of the Corps’ infantry combat equipment systems.

Flame-Resistant Organizational Gear

Officials also may issue better FROG sets — and more of them — to ward off burns from roadside bombs. Marines cannot wash their clothes regularly in Afghanistan due to a lack of infrastructure, so simply giving them more gear may be a solution. Right now, everyone is issued two sets of both the inner and outer flame-resistant layers, but the Corps is trying to determine how many sets Marines really need. Pasagian said he expects a decision on that by the end of December. The fourth-generation FROG set will include an improved blend of the flame-resistant synthetic fibers, making the gear more breathable for Marines toting heavy loads in rugged terrain. Even in the dead of winter, Marines tend to get too hot while wearing the multiple layers, he said. The Corps is looking to purchase enough of the next-generation gear to last for the next two years.

Combat shirts

The Corps also is seeking new inclement-weather combat shirts, a flame-resistant garment eyed for use under the Scalable Plate Carrier body armor vest commonly used in Afghanistan. Tennessee-based Short Bark Industries was awarded a $31 million contract for the sought-after shirts in September. Pasagian said production will increase in 2010, although it is too early to say when Marines can expect to see them in theater.

Scalable Plate Carriers

To meet the demand for a lighter alternative to the Modular Tactical Vest, the Corps is working to push out an additional 50,000 Scalable Plate Carriers by February. Fully loaded with front, back and side plates for protection against small-arms fire, the SPC weighs 25 pounds, compared with 33 pounds for the MTV with the same configuration. Pasagian said the lighter body armor will be geared more for foot-mobile Marines, while the MTV is more appropriate for Marines in vehicle patrols on a main supply route.

No more ILBE Pack

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/community/...al_pack_122109/

No idea if people outside the UK will be able to watch this, but its pretty good.

US Marines In Afghanistan (a video report from the same operation that the above pictures were from)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/markurban/

thanks for that, great news coverage, BBC news always makes me angry that american news sucks so hard in comparison. we have two wars on but i'm sure this whole week (and next probably aswell) is gonna be full of news stories about that brittney murphy girl dying :rolleyes:

do usmc use serpas?

i'm trying to find a pic of a USMC soldier using one to convince myself that they do use serpas, cuz if they dont, i'm a nut for realism so i will be forced by my insane realism cravings to get a safariland and complete my loadout.

do usmc use serpas?

i'm trying to find a pic of a USMC soldier using one to convince myself that they do use serpas, cuz if they dont, i'm a nut for realism so i will be forced by my insane realism cravings to get a safariland and complete my loadout.

I was in the Marines, I used a SERPA (among other holsters), I've been to Iraq a few times. So there, it's authentic

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/ma...0Gear/m16a4.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/ma...Gear/m16a4b.jpg

updated my battery situation. its nice and dandy now. i love having a retractable stock so much more than a full stock!

planning on getting a PEQ15 and putting the PEQ-2 on my SAW when i get my tax return. im also going to get a Masterkey ;)

-Joe

PEQ-15 battery box or PEQ-15 laser box?

my bad...i meant marines

thanks guys! :P no need to spend another US$100+ on ANOTHER holster.

BTW, what was the most common configuration for the serpa when on tour in the middle east? (as in where it was mounted)

oh yeah...what pistols did you carry when on duty?

brendan

Archived