So I wanted a PEQ 15 and I hadn’t see much about them so I decided to get two to see which one I would prefer, the one I preferred I would keep and the one I didn’t I would sell. I’m not using it as a battery box so I am more concerned with looks than functionality. I’m not too familiar with the real PEQ 15 so I’m really just comparing these two against one another, not against the real thing.

DSCF0297.jpg

The first PEQ I received was the King Arms so at the time I was not aware of the size difference, but it did seem rather large when I mounted it on my M4’s RIS (I don’t have the full gun right now so my observation was based solely on the RIS).

DSCF0298.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0303.jpg

Seam lines I noticed on the underside near the mount, also a bit of plastic stress.

DSCF0304.jpg

A size comparison with a 7 cell large battery. As you can see, its pretty large.

DSCF0307.jpg

Soon after, I received the VFC version and when I opened the box I slapped my head with a do’oh upon reading the “Laser Aiming Device” version. Patience is a virtue they say.

DSCF0310.jpg

The VFC came with more literature and instructions which was nice.

DSCF0315.jpg

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

Seam lines.

DSCF0316.jpg

Now the VFC next to the same large battery, notice the size difference.

DSCF0322.jpg

DSCF0323.jpg

I guess I could find out who put this together.

DSCF0324.jpg

Now the comparison shots, the pretty much speak for themselves. VFC on left, KA on right.

DSCF0325.jpg

DSCF0326.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

In the end I decided to keep the VFC. The VFC has a beefier mount and what I consider to be better details (comparatively). The rubber on both is a bit weak so no faults to either. The only problem I have with the VFC is that it seems to be made of weaker plastic, every time I touch it I can hear it creak. The plastic isn’t a bit worry for me because it is going to be mounted and probably never be touched again. If you were going to use it as a battery box, I could see it breaking (if you weren’t careful).

Nice comparison review mate.

I was a bit unsure of which version to go for (at the time I wasn't aware of the size difference) but since then I had decide on the VFC but your review confirmed this.

The problem with the VFC is the black straps but it appears the first version of the RS version had these straps too so it isn't a big deal (plus a coat of Krylon would sort it)

Now lets hope that G&P decide to do a functional laser version!

Thanks again mate.

Interested to hear that the VFC version has weaker plastic ,this seems to be theme with their PEQ's.I had one of the older PEQ battery boxes supplied with a 416 and the plastic was like something from a drinks bottle,very shoddy and not at all in keeping with the usual quality of VFC gear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Funny, my VFC also had a fingerprint inside the housing. Seems to be their trademark. :D

I chose the VFC because it looks most realistic although there are different version in real life, but the VFC is best in colour and details, e.g. has the blue screw on top.

• 3 months later...