Gas filling problems

sekiryu

I'm having this issue with both my KWA M9 and my Deep Fire M26 grenade. When I fill it up with propane via an AI propane adapter, I cannot hear any of the gas transferring, and I never get overfill, so I can never tell when I'm done filling up.

I'm usually sitting there, filling up the mag/grenade for an entire minute, and I still only get a partial charge.

My KWA USP, Maruzen P99, TM M1911A1 all work fine. I fill them for 6-7 seconds, get overfill, and I know I'm done.

I noticed that both weapons that have this filling issue, have an o-ring around the fill nipple. I thought I might try to remove this o-ring (as suggested by RedWolf on the Deep Fire grenade review), but the o-ring is so far down there that it's *fruitcaging* impossible to get out.

So how do I get this damned o-ring out?

Dental picks. Some of them have sharp hooks on the end, and can slice, grab, or hook when nothing else can get in there. They are also great for repositioning little fiddly bits in gearboxes and the like, and are very strong as well.

-Tuthmose

you have quiet fill valves, i have them in all my mags, no sound and no overfill. The mag or gernade will stop taking gas once it has equalized with the propane bottle. The propane is going in as a liquid. Which is why you filll with the bottle upside down. The propane will reach a max of around 100 psi @ 90 degrees. Less at lower temps, which is why gas guns suck in winter. Just give it about a 5 count and it should be full.

I actually add an O-ring to all my fill valves so that no gas goes to waste. My guess is that there's either a problem with your propane adapter or with the fill valves themselves. What I would do is try another bottle of gas in order to eliminate the adapter and if that doesn't work then take out the valves and clean them.

I doupt it's the temperature. I don't know how cold it gets in Tennessee, but I assume it's not cold enough to be an issue.

Archived