Warning about Polimil.co.uk

galactica

I ordered a vest, boots, glove and pouch this week. Paid with Paypal. Email came in saying everything was shipping. Yesterday the box arrives and the vest is missing. All the paperwork says the vest has been shipped. I phoned them this morning and it turns out it's backordered, and due to some failure in their system, anything paid for by paypal is automatically listed as shipped. Pretty useless for me as I thought I had all my gear turning up before friday. So I asked for a refund, and a partial shipping refund, and before I could ask how it'd be done, he hung up on me and has put the answerphone on. Nice.

I have had a set of thermal lenses for my ESS NVG goggles on order with them for about 5 months now.

I know its not their fault that ESS has been out of stock world wide but the simple fact is they have my money and have not offered any updates or even a refund. I have repeatedly had to chase them at each stage and to be blunt am not happy with the service offered.

I would not have ordered the item if I had known it was out of stock.

ESS have been amazing with me about this explaining in full detail why there is a shortage and sending me pair of different thermal goggles to tide me over. Great service.

Polimil on the other hand are total rubbish and once I get my replacement themal lenses, will never order from them again.

The attitude you get from them is hard to describe other than to say they essentially reply to you with "Meh.... bothered"

They are not out right rude of course, just come over as lazy and not at all interested.

###### poor IMHO.

Wayne

Sorry to hear that. I have only ordered once from them: a bulk buy of Oakley gloves to Spain and wvwerything went pretty smooth and I consider these guys to be very professional, but yeah, that's just one order against two bad experiences.

Hope it works out for you in the end.

Sounds like a bit of a "There Was a Little Girl" Store, when it's good it's very, very good, when it's bad it's horrid.

Hanging up on a customer is horrific customer service, not telling them part of their order is out of stock and still charging them for it also.

I've ordered from them a few times, as have friends with no real dramas, once had a call back about an item being out of stock, just asked them to cancel it off the order. Friend had to wait about 2 weeks for a boot and glove order to get to him but they were in the middle of waiting for stock.

Reminded now of the issues raised about stock keeping/levels on the retail thread but to be pragmatic, why were you ordering a new piece of tactical equipment within a week of a major event and is the lack of it really going to detract from the game play experiance?

i had one order from them of a pair of bates boots, a snugpak softie and a warrior belt

the order came within 2 days but i was missing the belt

i phoned up and got a similar "meh" off them, in fact i was made to feel like i was trying it on and wanted a second belt. After a couple of days i phoned back and they said they'd realised they'd missed it and sent it on to me

they have some great items for sale and their boot selection is probably the best i've seen in a UK store, but definitely could do with improving their customer service

hope you get it sorted soon galatica, see you at senny!

COME ON YOU AZERB'S :D

I've ordered from them a few times, as have friends with no real dramas, once had a call back about an item being out of stock, just asked them to cancel it off the order. Friend had to wait about 2 weeks for a boot and glove order to get to him but they were in the middle of waiting for stock.

Reminded now of the issues raised about stock keeping/levels on the retail thread but to be pragmatic, why were you ordering a new piece of tactical equipment within a week of a major event and is the lack of it really going to detract from the game play experiance?

I have ordered from them before and received everything without incident too. This time, not so lucky. I suspect something has changed in their customer service.

As to your second point...because I could, it's not the dark ages, and I paid for fast shipping. What sort of a question is that? If they'd told me it was out of stock, i'd have gone elsewhere. Now I can't. i will not be as well camouflaged as I'd like to be. The real question is why don't they have a stock control system that can cope with internet orders? Then I wouldn't have had this problem, and neither would they. Even the cheap off-the-shelf store system that EBB and RSOV use has a link to the stock control.

I emailed a complaint, and got one back claiming he hadn't hung up on me, as far as he was concerned the call was finished. This can only mean that they don't believe in the word "goodbye" to finish phone calls. Then he accused me of discourtesy! There was also a "delivery note" with the name of the item written on it in the box. Apparently this means in Polimil shorthand "you haven't got this item" - funny, "delivery note" usually means an item has been delivered.

I'm going to be very wary putting any large orders with these guys now. Like most people who use Oakley Factory Pilot gloves in the UK i've has smooth dealings with Polimil. As was said above i suppose i was lucky that there wasn't a problem that required real "customer service"

they refunded because I complained. It seems their standard practice is to take the money and send on what they have in stock - they don't think they did anything wrong. I think differently - most reputable mail order companies do not take money for things they cannot ship. Given I had paid the whole amount by paypal, they should have emailed, phoned or partial refunded me straight away.

Once, Fire Support even refunded me for £2 of postage I didn't need to pay on a very light & cheap item, having phoned me up to tell me - now *that* is customer service.

My order item is now in stock.

I just recieved a request for payment even though I paid months ago.

I just provided my proof of payment and have asked to speak to a manager regarding this.

Sorry, but this is totally out of order!

They told me and I quote "We do not charge for anything until the items are actually in stock at the point of dispatch."

I am not a happy bunny. :angry:

• 7 months later...

I ordered a set of olive drab ESS Profile Turbofans from Polimil. Got an automated email from them saying it was on order and expected dispatch was 2-3 working days. Over a week later I'd heard nothing more and received no Turbofans. I emailed them and asked what was happening with the order. I got no reply for over a week. Eventually I called them to find out what was going on. They advised they were out of stock on the olive drab model, but they had the black in stock. I switched the order to the black model and advised if I didn't receive them within 2 days I would cancel the order. The goggles arrived the next day.

The lack of response to my mail and the fact I had to call them to find out what was happening over 3 weeks after I placed the order means I will be very wary of buying from them again.

Archived