The Pacific

Nicoli

Tut Tut... ;)

I saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty good, but it's going to be hard to match BoB.

That said, it felt like MOH:Pacific Assault, so I guess it must be realistic :D

I'll be watching subsequent episodes (only 10 hours out of my life, sure I can cope with that...)

Cheers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure where you got that figure from (or what you mean by 'from television alone'), but the BBC funds a whole lot of stuff and revenue <> profit to make series (although that's what they claim to be doing with the new web and Digital Radio cuts).

No doubt ANY programme will seem that way a bit - BoB is excellent TV (Oddly many of the actors were British), but a two or three parter with the same production qualities based on 'Pegasus Bridge' (also by Stephen E. Ambrose) would be good too - Of course it would seem a bit insular, but a good story, well produced is always worth watching no matter what the subject matter.

Cheers.

It's the yearly revenue from 30 million households paying a 120 pound licence fee for BBC television.

Ah, well a lot of that goes into just running the corporation - Doesn't mean they have that much to spend on making quality programmes.

After all they waste millions on tossers like Evans, Brand and Ross and rubbish like Eastenders...

Probably not enough left over for much else... ;)

M.

Archived