Second WA2000 Build

dobey

I want to use this thread for Username's WA2000 build which will focus more on the internal power and accuracy of the gun.

I know this build has been done before but this thread is for those people (including Username) that what to follow the progress of the build, and to showcase a different power plant for this beast.

The body will be made of similar construction to the last build, but will have different focus on the details according to the new owners tastes and preferences.

For power we are using a Madbull CO2 gearbox modified with an external hose.

Edgi 6.01 10mm bull barrel

Prometheus hard bucking

I should get this build up and running in the next few days, I have been pretty sick the past few days, and have a number of pictures to update my other in progress works as well to get online. I just wanted to get this up here so Username didn't think I forgot about him :P

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter if it's been done before, it'll still be good to follow. ;)

Sorry to hear you've not been well Dobey, hope you're fully recovered.

Mind you, if you're anything like me, you'll still be in your workshop even if you're feeling really rough :P

Nothing like some 'creative construction therapy' to make me feel better.

Oh no an external hose :o . Sorry to hear hear you've been ill, it's allergy season everybody's under the weather. I cannot wait to see this one, it'll be the perfect merger, it'll be like a classic rifle with the hose but modern with the CO2 gearbox. Nice idea.

Only thing I fear with this build is the performance of that Co2 Mechbox. There isn't really any detailed reviews of one or of the V.2 one. Plus what little has been written on them has been through the eyes of an assault gunner and they complain of the limited run time on a 12g Co2 capsule and complain of the lack of full auto. It will be interesting to see how this runs on regulated HPA and used for a SWS.

No, because an internal gas chamber will never be as consistent in pressure than a regulated HPA tank. When you're trying to make a rifle for accuracy you need as consistent FPS as possible. Only thing that could possible be more consistent (That is if this Mechbox works properly and is consistent) would be an Electro Pneumatic System.

Just dabbling into the technical in trying to convince you to quit the hose, you could still make an internal gas setup stable by having a regulating chamber. Main tank fills small chamber at regulated pressure -> shot is made -> chamber is refilled again at the exact same pressure... This way only the last few shots would be erratic plus the limitation of rof: you can't fire faster than the chamber is refilled otherwise successive shots will be under powered and screw up with the hop.

Still doesn't sound worth it. Regulated HPA Tank can have the fps be changed from 250 to 600fps if I please and if the Mechbox can handle it. Plus I can fire the shots off fast not having to worry about pressure difference. Having a hose out the back of the rifle isn't even nearly as bad as people think, especially when your role is that of a sniper and you have minimal movements.

Nice to see someone exploring past a simple GBB.

Can't wait to see this done.

You sir, have an excellent point that most GBB's are relatively simple, it's great to see someone expanding on the idea. Next we need a over-embellished springer :D *now where's Candyman ;) *. And a quick question, will the blowback compromise the accuracy?

And a quick question, will the blowback compromise the accuracy?

From what little I can find on the Mechbox there is virtually no recoil from what goes on internally, and there shouldn't be anything externally to blowback other than a thin rod sticking up from the top of the Mechbox. Only use for it is to cock the Mechbox, so hopefully there shouldn't be any blowback messing up accuracy with this.

Although all that is just speculation though from the lack of a review or actual use of this Mechbox =/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The DTA gun parts are out being powder coated, and I had a day to finally get this started. I will work on this gun until the parts come back for the DTA, I will assemble and update that thread, then finish this gun. Then hopefully I will get some spare time to finish the BAGEL build.

Here we go, this set of pictures represents 6 work hours today.

I started out by rough cutting the major body pieces on the chop saw. After this pic I milled them precisely on the mill to get the sizes exact and to square up all the panels.

WA2000-CO2-001.jpg

Next I had 36 holes to drill, countersink, and tap threads in to get to this stage:

WA2000-CO2-002.jpg

WA2000-CO2-003.jpg

WA2000-CO2-004.jpg

For me this is the most critical part of the build, if any of the holes are off by the smallest amount the gun wont assemble correctly, or the rails wont be perfectly parallel etc and all the metal will go in the scrap bin.

Next it is time to mark up the side plates and get some of the slots, and holes milled out:

WA2000-CO2-005.jpg

WA2000-CO2-006.jpg

WA2000-CO2-007.jpg

More to come.

Archived