Second WA2000 Build

dobey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started the adjustable butt pad before dinner. Sixteen holes drilled, countersunk, and tapped later:

WA2000-CO2-butt-pad-001.jpg

WA2000-CO2-butt-pad-002.jpg

WA2000-CO2-butt-pad-003.jpg

WA2000-CO2-butt-pad-004.jpg

Real steel schematic showing the pieces of the butt plate.

ev_wa4.jpg

It still needs to be cleaned up, and the finger screw that locks it in place needs to be made yet but its a solid start.

I got the schematics (8 pages) online from the original parts replacement owners manual. The butt pad is made from Commercial-Strength Neoprene Rubber and has a Durometer rating of 50A, probably very similar to the one on the real gun.

I added the notches for the scope mount, and the slots on the side plates.

A machinist friend of mine stopped by the other day and we were talking about the pictures I have been posting. He complained that they don't show enough detail of the parts fitting together. I am not much of a photographer, and typically I like to work without stopping, so most of my pictures are just not that good for one reason or another. I do like the design of this gun, and although it appears to be a simple box, it is actually challenging to make. I took the body outside and attempted to get some closer pictures of the 'fit'. For those not used to the term as I am using it, I am referring to how well the parts mate up, and how clean the lines are from one part of the assembly to the next.

WA2000-CO2-fit-002.jpg

It is easier to see in this picture, where the side plates meet the top and bottom rails along its length, and at the back end. Everything must come together to make tight seams, and square corners. I am bringing six large pieces together in this picture, keeping tight and square the ends, the top and bottom rail to the side plates, and even the gap between the side plates, all while making sure the gap between the top and bottom rails is identical from end to end over 30 plus inches. I just want to be clear that this is not easy.

WA2000-CO2-fit-005.jpg

Everything must come together to make tight seams, and square corners. I am bringing six large pieces together in this picture, keeping tight and square the ends, the top and bottom rail to the side plates, and even the gap between the side plates, all while making sure the gap between the top and bottom rails is identical from end to end over 30 plus inches. I just want to be clear that this is not easy.

Wow, the difficulty of fitting the parts together didn't even cross my mind, thought it's pretty obvious now. Very impressing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i believe stealthbomber had/has one, maybe you should drop him a PM.

Thanks, got a hold of him and he shed some good info on the 470. With the box going to rigged for HPA, if i can work out the leaks stealthbomber told me about, and get a G3 style chamber in this hopefully it will have great performance for a compact semi auto package. Sadly its going to all come down to how well this 470 is.

• 2 weeks later...

1" is not a problem at.

What I think would best looking though, and I may send the mount back to do in the future, would be make the mount have clamps on top to lock onto the scope from a TM Psg-1. Only problem to be with wanting to do this in the future would be trying to find a TM PSG1 Scope.

• 3 weeks later...

After the talk of a PSG-1 scope on this rifle, I would to show what I have just acquired. It was a rather very expensive scope, but on the plus side, it came with a free rifle. :P

dsc1147.jpg

Picture is not taken by me, but the original owner who is shipping the rifle.

So Dobey, after you are completely finished with the SV98 I will be sending you the scope.

Archived