Second WA2000 Build

dobey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The original plan was to use a CO2 gearbox, but after buying one and testing it out there was no way to make it a decent sniper, the gearbox had several leaks and a design that was not favorable for upgrading to the level I want this gun performing.

After some discussion we agreed to allow me free reign on the gas system design and I have spent considerable time modeling the prototype for this gun. It is running an external CO2 tank, Palmer inline stabilizer that is fully adjustable from 0 to 200 psi, and a completely custom fully stainless steel cylinder system designed by me.

I am using X-rings on everything instead of O-rings, keeping the entire gas system stainless steel, and working on a no loss, true semi automatic gas system for it. Not all the parts are present in the following pictures, just enough to get an idea how it will work without giving away the design to much. Prototyping takes allot of time and effort, but with some patience he will have an outstanding gun with fully adjustable fps.

wa2000-cylinder-001.jpg

wa2000-cylinder-002.jpg

Wowser, Yankee ingenuity on display once again! Even good enough to get the "grand master" Candyman to take a look at your fine work!

"4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: ThumpMaster6, Pigeon, ShotgunSteven, Candyman"

Love watching these take shape!

Thumpy...OVER

Candyman and Dobeya re both highly skilled fabricators with mutula respect for eachother. They always applaud each others works. Its nothing new.

Cant wait to see how this performs with the custom system.

Wowser, Yankee ingenuity on display once again! Even good enough to get the "grand master" Candyman to take a look at your fine work!

"4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: ThumpMaster6, Pigeon, ShotgunSteven, Candyman"

Love watching these take shape!

Thumpy...OVER

Not really sure how the overblown chest-thumping uberpatriotism fits in with the project, or how a simple yet elegant solution to an engineering problem is in any way better than one created by a different person in responce to a different problem in a different place :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Not really sure how the overblown chest-thumping uberpatriotism fits in with the project, or how a simple yet elegant solution to an engineering problem is in any way better than one created by a different person in responce to a different problem in a different place :unsure:

It doesn't really, but I think over-patriotic chest-thumping is in the blood :P , just sometimes misapplied.

Any new pictures/updates? I'm really interested in the project.

It doesn't really, but I think over-patriotic chest-thumping is in the blood :P , just sometimes misapplied.

Any new pictures/updates? I'm really interested in the project.

From the last PM I received, Dobey is waiting for some more internal parts. From what he tells me, I wouldn't be surprised if performance surpasses my Asahi WA2k DX.

From the last PM I received, Dobey is waiting for some more internal parts. From what he tells me, I wouldn't be surprised if performance surpasses my Asahi WA2k DX.

You really had to make me want one more, didn't you? You know I can't afford it, and you go out and say more positive things? Have you no shame? :P

It sounds really amazing, I can't wait to see the end results.

• 2 weeks later...
This really is looking good so far. I can't wait to see the furniture take shape.

You can't wait? How do you think I feel? :P

Although I have come to terms that I have no problem waiting for quality craftsmanship.

If Dobey doesn't make a video of the internals working, I will most definably have to when I receive the rifle. From the past couple PM's he has sent me, it sounds absolutely awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

The entire waiting span of this build honestly doesn't bother me, but its the very little to zero communication with Dobey that is almost making me want to cancel this build and have my Barrett back ><

From what couple Pm's I've received in the past couple months, it seems like Dobey is truly putting effort into how this rifle works, and if I were to cancel it I would just feel like an absolute D-bag for what essentially becomes wasted effort. Although just a little update every couple days and perhaps a chosen date to try and finish the build by would eliminate all of this.

The entire waiting span of this build honestly doesn't bother me, but its the very little to zero communication with Dobey that is almost making me want to cancel this build and have my Barrett back ><

From what couple Pm's I've received in the past couple months, it seems like Dobey is truly putting effort into how this rifle works, and if I were to cancel it I would just feel like an absolute D-bag for what essentially becomes wasted effort. Although just a little update every couple days and perhaps a chosen date to try and finish the build by would eliminate all of this.

I had the same problem too. I wasnt worried about delivery cause I was still in Iraq, no chance of even touching the gun even if it was at home. But the communication broke down was what killed me. An update or a few pics were enough to keep me waiting and guessing each time.

I'd just like to reassure that this project is being worked on. I am a friend and teammate of Dobey's, and got to see some of this stuff in person when I took a trip to the shop last week. I don't know if he really wants me to give away details, but just let it be known that progress is being made and its going to be awesome when its all said and done!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived