WE 1911 Problems.

Noodle_2000

First off I'm a completely new to gas guns and all the terms so bear with me <_< . Any-how I just purchased a WE-1911 used and for some reason the gun expels all the gas on the first shot.

I am pretty certain that the magazines aren't leaky either. I did the whole place mag filled with gas in water deal, not to mention I have 5 different ones.

.... Sooo any ideas? I can provide pics if needed.

Short answer - it's a WE. Being temperamental and inscrutable malfunctioning pains in the butt are sort of par for the course there :(

Long answer - here are a couple of things you can check to try to isolate the problem:

Check the loading nozzle for cracks. Look carefully, because sometimes they are hairline fractures rather than huge blown-to-pieces breaks. A broken loading nozzle will do what you describe - after the bb exits the barrel, the gas is redirected backwards into the rear of the loading nozzle, propelling the slide backwards. If there is a crack or break there, the gas would exit this hole instead. If the slide doesn't return all the way rearward, or does so slowly, the gas doesn't get shut off (see below), and you vent it all in one shot.

Check your valve knocker. With the slide off, it's the small silver stud that protrudes upwards through the rails on which the slide rides on the left side (holding the pistol as you would to shoot it). Press this little bugger down, and make sure it pops back up smartly. It releases the valve when the slide reaches fully reward recoil, stopping the gas flow. It it doesn't pop back up, it would vent your entire gas load.

Another possibility that would act like this is a damaged or unseated piston seal. Since we have to take the blow-back unit apart to check that, though, lets check these othe things first. . .

Other questions for you: Does the slide recoil on your first shot, or does it just act like a nonblowback as it vents the gas? Does your slide move smoothly on the frame rails when you cock or manually cycle it, or is it stiff?

Let us know, and we'll do our best to get you sorted out if we can,

-Tuthmose

it's a WE

:P

Does the slide recoil on your first shot, or does it just act like a nonblowback as it vents the gas?

It does re-coil on the first shot, second shot it does about a 1/3rd of a cycle and vents all the gas.

Does your slide move smoothly on the frame rails when you cock or manually cycle it, or is it stiff?

At the moment it does move smoothly. But a while back it was stiff, I found out that the tip of the nozzle was getting stuck in the hop up. So I re-seated the hop up and thats fine.

• 2 months later...

Archived