TM M14 full auto problem.

Foxtrot

So I just got around to shooting my M14 this past weekend. For all those who know, it's Titleist's old one. However, I've run across a rather weird problem with it that I'm kind of stuck on.

Long and short on full auto, it will not fire the first 40 rounds out of any of the TM standards I have. It will fire the last 20 rounds on full auto fine out of the same magazines. It will also fire fine if the gun is turned upside down, and the entire magazine will shoot fine with semi-auto.

I've tried 2 out of 8 magazines; one that looked brand new. And one that was rather 'worn in' for that matter. I've never had a gun that would not feed the first 40 rounds on full out, then be fine after that.

I've:

Tried 2 different types of BB's. (KSC .29 Grand champions and Excel .20 Bios)

Turned the hop up completely off

So anyone had a problem like this before? I'm really leaning towards it being a magazine issue (perhaps since they've sat so long?) instead of anything internally. But I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks,

Fox

Had a similar problem with my TM MP7. The first 40 rounds would fire, but would often double-feed, or shoot without hop, etc. I lubed the ###### out of the mags, worked for a few games then needed to be relubed. Maybe not the same problem, but I would try lubing up one of the mags.

Going to try that when I get home from work.

I'm just trying to see if there is a solution out there other then lubricating it all the time, since I don't think this should happen.

Anyone have any insight on if this is a broken up up? tappet plate? air nozzle?

Thanks again,

Fox

Edit:

Any recommendations on other types of magazines to try besides TM Standards? Looking for Standard or Midcaps.

You can try KA midcaps most of mines fed pretty good, but they seem to be hit and miss.....
Amen to that <_< . Ordered a box of 5 KA mags for my TM G3 SAS, and they all mis fed too... Had to "modify" each one to get them to feed flawlessly, although i did use another method... But it worked either way :) . I would say, order them... And when they mis feed, you know what to do ;) .

Archived