DBoys KAC PDW!

Frontiers

Received mine. Wish I hadn't ordered it.

Rear sight: not vertical, windage knob does not click

Receiver: questionable material. I was cut by metal burr (drew blood)

Power wire: big mess.

RIS handguard: no hope for fitting thin-strip LiPo

Front sight: not vertical

Stud for fastening the stock: bent

bolt catch: better than King Arms M4A1

shoulder stock: no freeplay when extended

Not worth the money.

Regretting.

Hmm... What concerns me from here is:

So the sights are not vertical? Others with PDW, confirm this? Or is this just a lemon.

-How is the receiver material questionable?

-How bent is the stock stud? Exactly what does that mean?

Thanks!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

checked my pdw, the rear sight only adjusts for windage the click is not essential as long as it doesn't wander around i don't see it being an issue. the front sight does adjust there is a locking pin that must be depressed with the sight adjustment tool for m4 sights.

pics of the offending receiver material pls? and the stock pin too. might be replaceable as it just screws in.

There is an ra-tech kit to put a lipo in the front or you can do the mod yourself if you have a strong arm and a good metal saw.

All the other things are fixable easily enough but if you relay can't be bothered shoot me a pm and we can talk money.

Hmm... What concerns me from here is:

So the sights are not vertical? Others with PDW, confirm this? Or is this just a lemon.

-How is the receiver material questionable?

-How bent is the stock stud? Exactly what does that mean?

Thanks!

Rear sight is sloping towards the right (starboard) when you turn the windage dial the post wobbles in the direction it is turned.

Burrs on the receiver metal that pricked me. There is some pitting on the cast metal. No wonder the gun is so light. Seems like very low grade casting.

The stud is not vertical, it is leaning. Also when you look from inside the mag-well, the screw thread of the stud only goes half way down the hole. the manufacturer could have use a stud with longer thread to get a better grip.

PDW is for sale at Redwolf airsoft. Comes with a Lipo instead of the normal nimH battery aparantly. (note: this was a low-profile release for RW, so you have to search for it.)

...and it's out of stock. lol.

just got an email from Paul @ EBB, you can now choose between the trademarked and non-trademarked version when ordering. the product page was just updated w/ new pics and a drop down menu to make your choice.

Theyve got some funky packaging. The one with no trades comes with the Peq and battery but the one with trades doesnt have the PEQ or battery but has the rail covers??

And also you dont get the options for adding the scope or adding the scope and peq15/battery.

Yay! I've received mine... Well, actually my friend did and I have to pick it up from him (I ordered through him, along with his stuff).

For me, shipping was only 5 days :D And I got the traded version, before it was even available.

Now I just have to pick it up from him, test it to make sure there are no problems, and then write a review. Expect a review in the next couple of days.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived