DBoys KAC PDW!

Frontiers

Although cosmetics are nice, I feel this is yet another Armalite in their inventory.

Until proven otherwise with a detailed review, I'll be holding off from Dboys because of past experiences I've had with their internals. JG + A&K seem to be the top competitors, although I do like the bolt catch function.

We'll see.

JG best? :D joke of the day, have you even seen the last 5 releases what DBoys have released? M16A4, HK416....etc.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JG best? :D joke of the day, have you even seen the last 5 releases what DBoys have released? M16A4, HK416....etc.

I think he was referring to reliability and questions of the internals durability. DBoys have definitely upped their game with respects to their ever expanding and diverse product range (of clones! ;) ) and a vast improvement in external quality - but they're still not 'great' internally.

THAT said, my friend has a DBoys CQB-R and it is the only gun that hasn't had any mentionable problems over last few months :rolleyes:

I've got a Kalash/Dboys AKS74U and from my use with that it's preformed amazingly well and I've really put some rounds through it in the year or so I've onwed it. Only thing to fail me was the hop rubber, which seems to be the regular grips with almost all cloned AEGs these days.

I had been waiting for the Dboys AIMs but this has put a spanner in the works for me. I suppose it all comes down to pricing.

From what I've heard the latest Dboys offerings have been pretty decent and as I've just said somewhere else on the forums I'd pay $150 for one of these and happily pump $100 into the mechbox. You'd still be ~$200 better off?

About the JG vs DBoy thing I believe JG is really stepping up. Just by having the MOSFET(IRL1404 which is really good might I add better then systema one) pre-installed in the AEG, now if only Dboy would do the same.

About the JG vs DBoy thing I believe JG is really stepping up. Just by having the MOSFET(IRL1404 which is really good might I add better then systema one) pre-installed in the AEG, now if only Dboy would do the same.

that Mosfet is just by name a Mosfet the quality is cheap *suitcase*, and JG just started doing Metal bodies mate ;) just started...DBoys have done Steel bodies and parts for a year already ;) you tell me which one is more advanced :rolleyes:

I do like the look of this and seeing as budget is of a concern it could be a happy little AEG to use for those days you want something you already have mags for. Thing is, will this be released by Uk retailers (Action hobbys airsoft world fire support etc), the reason i ask is the only one I can see - last time I checked - was the doboyi's scar on action hobbys. Think it had something to do with the lead in parts (Like paint or certain nails etc).

On mosfets... well, I made a simple one and threw it on my M14 while rewiring the whole AEG. now the trigger is a dream with Lipos or a 9.6V. It was indeed a bit hard as It was my first serious electrical work in... well, years and years... :lol: , even so, I dont think JG mosfets deserve the HUGE price rise on their new AEGs which externally, at least, are a bit far from Dboys old and new models, just have a look at Dboys HK416 news thread.

Anyway, on topic, Im glad Dboys have stopped cloning Marui and began a new VFC era, but I too hope they clone the new Marui M4 BB system as Cyma has made with their new AK47

Cyma didn't clone the marui blowback engine. they just cloned the old attach the bolt plate to the piston design.

right?

MP5s have the Marui engine right? i think ive heard from many places its (Cyma says it is but i havent seen them live so cannot really say that)

Hi Isamu,

Dboys/Kalash have been cloning VFC's for a long while now.

Lets just hope they are quick to clone the elusive HK417....

Cheers

TC

How do you clone an airsoftgun that doesn't exist (yet, let's hope VFC will make one)?

Sorry, I was referring to Dboys cloning M4 variants, my mistake :(

As for Cyma's Ak BB feature, its said on other threads that it indeed is a clone of the Marui sistem and not VFC/Guarder Bb system, but we can be wrong, so Theres no other option than waiting for a proper review :)

MP5 is the body is G&G but the blowback engine is from Marui according to the factory, its not G&G blowback clone.

But the internals and externals of G&G and TM don't fit together (EI: MP5 and M14). Point being they would have to fully copy one or another, so that makes no sense to me.

But the internals and externals of G&G and TM don't fit together (EI: MP5 and M14). Point being they would have to fully copy one or another, so that makes no sense to me.

things dont always make sense ;) they are clones after all, some parts cloned from one and others from other.

Because TM doesnt have a BB Mp5 G&G designed their own BB system for it. Anyway, CYMA, did indeed clone the TM bb system for the AK, though i dont see how it is in any way impressive.

BACK TO THE KAC!

Any updates for pricing? And who's willing to make a review for us folks who dont want to buy it first thing???

The MOSFET in JG guns isn't great, performance/function, fitting/finish wise - works though.
But adding a single p-channel mosfet can be a good device for AB.

things dont always make sense ;) they are clones after all, some parts cloned from one and others from other.
Hybrid Clone... :D

Archived