New Cyma P226 AEP!

Isamu

The extended barrel is for the Red Tip that is required in the USA. They probably painted it black for the advertising pictures.

If it's anything like the CM.030, the judicious use of a pair of pliers will tak care of the problem. Just squeeze and pull gently.

I have 4 of the CM.030's and there is nothing better in New England winters or when the summer is really hot and gas guns are just mis- behaving. They always work! I've never had a failure to fire in years of shooting them. I don't own a single GBB (TM, KSC, KWA, WA, UHC or KJW) that I can make the same statement about.

These things are never perfect "looking", I've owned real steel P226's and G17's and no GBB, NBB or AEP is "perfect" to the real steel. This is airsoft and there are going to be slight differences. I could care less as long as the darn thing works as well as my other CYMA's.

Buy one and stick it in your kit, because sooner or later you'll end up using it. It's not going to be a master blaster, but it will work.

Put me in for two!

PS: Get used to the rails-more people want them than dont!

Hate this P226, now im torn between this and the glock :(

Personally I had no problems with Rsov shipping, well, just one with my DE shotty about 6 or 7 months ago, but they sent me an M14 full of accesories in about a week while asking for the 7-14 days shipping (that was luck) :lol:

gun_0447_2.jpg

What the hell's with the missing screws? It looks ok apart from the horrible outer barrel and missing screws. Also I don't know if it's just me but does it look a little longer than a normal P226 to anyone else?

It's a good cm or two too long at the front for a P226. The groove on the side for the front rail should start about 5mm behind where the front of the trigger guard curve flattens out. That looks like it starts about a good centimeter in front of where it should.

It's a good cm or two too long at the front for a P226.

That's what I thought so too, but some measuring of images suggest it might be an optical illusion.

Maybe the rail's simply too short?

Cheers.

the reason the grips look weird (the no screws thing) is because the grips are glued on (like the glock). there's no room to screw in grips when there's a gearbox right there. also, there is no P226 marking and the stippling is shallow.

if the barrel has the correct outer diameter, you could use an M9 thread adapter on it:

nb-cwslcadt-m92-l.jpg

That's what I thought so too, but some measuring of images suggest it might be an optical illusion.

Maybe the rail's simply too short?

Cheers.

Nope :) Here's a TM P226 laid precisely over the RSOV photo:

sigcomp.jpg

The grip and trigger guard are lined up precisely. The AEP is clearly at least a centimeter too long :blink:

sigcomp.jpg

The grip and trigger guard are lined up precisely. The AEP is clearly at least a centimeter too long :blink:

also, i asked from the factory yesterday and some trading companies in here to make sure, they all say is not finished and not sold...just wonder how come RSOV has these and pic has like screws missing haha :P (in my mind they dont have it yet but i could be wrong like i have been in the past of these HK shop thingies who knows :P) anyone buy this thing yet?

sigcomp.jpg

Yep - So much for my measuring :)

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep - So much for my measuring :)

Cheers.

So does anyone have the TM measurments on hand for me. I just got mine in the mail today and I'm glad to say that the missing screws are not missing on mine, plastic of course but still there one the less. As for the quality of the the gun I say it's VERY good. Even better the the CM.030 the CM.122 is just plain better out of the box. It's accuracy out of the box is a human size target at 100ft. No kidding. Chest part of the target every shot. As for the Cm.030 Mags fitting the the Cm.122 I will have to say YES, they DO fit. I have 3 mags, 1 TM and 2 CM not to mention 1 hicap CM mag and they all fit. The HIcap is a bit tricky to get to fit but it still works. As for the upgrades, it works just great out of the box and doesn't need them, but I did take it apart and found that my upgrades from my other AEP will also fit just fine. Also I need the dimensions of the TM P226 as the width of the CM doesn't look right, I also am awaiting a P226 CQC holster to find out if that will fit or not. I will post pic and a review very shortly, but I thought I would post this here for those looking at this as an option.

I really don't know where to put this but oh well...I know there is a review section but couldn't find how to post it there. Oh well I'm a little too lazy on that issue, :D

So let get started, In the came this well packaged little AEP, just like anyother AEP would come or GBB for that matter but who wants to hear about the packaging as we all know it's CYMA and therefore deffinently good enough.

External Review:

In that case on to the gun itself. She's made out of ABS reinforced plastic with a metal slide, that's right a METAL (all be it Pot metal-cast) slide. When it came to the finish of the exterior it was a little shinny, but nothing a can of cylone wouldn't take care of. The decocking lever on the side of the gun acts like the selector switch with fully extended upwards being semi-auto and fully extended downwards being Fully-auto fire. The safety switch can be found looking like the take down lever on the TM versions or the real steel counter part. The hammer does move but does not move with out you moving it. It's just there for looks and is free moving I guess is what I'm trying to say. The rail underneath the gun does fit your standard lights and what not, but does seem a little wide at first glance. Looking at the guns external dimentions further the gun is not only longer then the TM one, but also a hair wider. Will this affect the ability to fit ito a Safari land or CQC holster or any other molded holster for that fact, it's currently unclear as I don't have one to test this theory. I will soon and will update it. Sorry for that. The slidecatch and release on the gun is used for removing the upper slide and insalling the battery. Just pull downward on the slide catch and pull foreward on the slide and POP! it comes off, easy peasy. Now on to the sights, Terriable is all I have to say. The front and rear are both non-ajustable and the rear is a very bad match to the TM or R/S. The notch at wich you line up the front sight within the rear sight is so small and almost non-exsistant that you are almost find yourself looking at a square block on the back of the gun where the rear sight should be. There are no trades and the screws missing in the pics of the RSOV site are not missing on the gun.

Well with everything being covered on the external parts of the gun that I can think of I'll move on to the Internal.

Internal Review:

There really isn't much to say here besides if you were to take a TM G18C AEP or a CYMA G18C AEP and rip out the guts you could put them inside of this one. PART for PART! No kidding. Maybe thats why the dimentions were a little off. CYMA got lazy and didn't want to design a new gearbox so they designed a body around a gearbox instead. With this being said, You can imagine my supprise when I realized my G18C mags and high-Caps fit into this gun and WORKED! Now like mentioned before in my posts earlier, You can fit and use the TM or CYMA Standards without problem but the Highcaps are a little tricky to fit into the gun. Honestly anything that can be upgraded on the TM or CYMA AEPs can be done so on this. Not to say it needs to be done cause once you shoot this you'll see it really doesn't need it. The stck mag recieved with this AEP will need alot of lube and some breaking in time or the BB's get jamed up inside of the mag but I'm sure it's thatway with any pistol mag, or at least it has been with the pistols I have bought new.

So who wants to hear about the shooting specs of the P226 AEP by CYMA, figured, most don't eve care about the other hard work put ito a review, they just want to know how the darn thing shoots, lol. So with out further adue...

Distance / Accuracy / ROF / FPS and so on review:

So what to cover first, well lets get on to the FPS part. now remember this is a AEP which means that you are supposed to use .12s not .20s with this, which is not to say you can't cause I do on all of my AEPs. It just lowers the accuracy. An for all purposes here all tests were done with Airsoft Elites .20s 5.98mm not .12s like they were maufactured for. So with FPS being feet per second lets begin

FPS: 1st shot-220 FPS

2nd shot-223 FPS

3rd shot-229 FPS

4th shot-219 FPS

5th shot-224 FPS

6th shot-227 FPS

7th shot-226 FPS

8th shot-224 FPS

9th shot-224 FPS

10th shot-230 FPS

These are the numbers of the 10 shots cronod on a dragon crono at 10 am in the morning with 1-3 MPH winds from the right side of the crono. Basically nothing to worry about..in ways of wheather. So with these readings you can see that there is very little differences in FPS which is good for consistancy and accuracy.

Accuracy @ 30 feet/10 meters:

1st shot-Hit

2nd shot-Hit

3rd shot-miss

4th shot-Hit

5th shot-Hit

6th shot-Hit

7th shot-miss

8th shot-Hit

9th shot-Hit

10th shot-miss

Now before you ask what was hit or missed please give me a second to explain. ;) The Hits are Hit of an empty Soda can at 30 feet. with the gun mounted in a shooting device. (Nothing I hate more then a accuray test with someone holding the gun saying it was accurate or inaccurate, it's all on the shooter. This way it's all on the gun!!!) 70% accurate at 30 feet for an AEP is not bad in my book especially without a Tightbore barrel and everything being stock, lol. Also for the accuracy tests the wheather was still the same as it was with the FPS tests, 1-3 MPH winds from the right side of the chrono.

Accuracy @ 90 feet/30 meters:

1st shot-Hit

2nd shot-Hit

3rd shot-Hit

4th shot-miss

5th shot-Hit

6th shot-miss

7th shot-miss

8th shot-Hit

9th shot-miss

10th shot-miss

The Hits are Hit of an empty 2ft X 2ft or .75 meters X .75 meters square box at 90 feet with the gun mounted in a shooting device. (Nothing I hate more then a accuray test with someone holding the gun saying it was accurate or inaccurate, it's all on the shooter. This way it's all on the gun!!!) 50% accurate at 90 feet for an AEP. Look at the distance and accuracy of those shots I mean wow! Not bad for an AEP, well in my opinion anyway. So with Distance in mind I put my wife down at the end of the road and begun to shoot at her. Well good and bad Idea, lol. I sure you can figure out why...The shots didn't go all the way down to the end of the road at 150ft, but ended up somewhere between 90 and 120ft give or take a little. I was too busy dodging rocks she was throwing back at me. NO she DOES NOT throw like a girl. Thought times like that I wish she did <_< .

Last but not least ROF:

Well this one I'm ot sure on cause to be honest I didn't do. I just plumb forgot to. I know, I know but the way I figure it is if everything is the same inside (and it is) as on the TM and CYMA then it begs to reason the the ROF will be the same / equivalent of that to the G18Cs of TM and CYMA.

Well this concludes my review of the P226 AEP from CYMA. I hope this was helpful in any and many ways. I have not camera at the time of this review as one of my daughters thought it might float this morning, but will have them up in a little bit after borrowing one from a friend. Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did. If you have any questions...As always, just PM my Account.

• 3 months later...

i got the P226 too and i am quite satisfied of it.

just some additional info other than the good review of Oldman1980

Here it is, paid € 59.90 + € 9.90 shipping (ilsemaforo.eu)

Package Contents:

the P226, 450mAh 7.2v battery, battery charger (power supply 7.2V 220mAh), syringe, 0.20bbs, 1 mag. 30bbs, rod cleaning, poor sheet of instructions in English but with an interesting graph of disassembly.

1200cimg6802f.jpg

Bought a magazine for the Glock Cyma compatible with the P226.

In fact it works perfectly, the only difference is the bottom, where the slope is slightly more 'pronounced. For this reason the magazine of the Glock18 enter a bit more 'inside the grip and it does require a particularly strong entry to the end, or risk losing it as soon as you start to shoot. Ergo, the magazine of glock18 can be used until a more widespread of those specific to the P226. Also we must not forget to grease the 2 springs with their pins inside the magazine, which, given their initial hardness, could create problems.

1200cimg6833.jpg

Aesthetically it is fairly anonymous, with a design that does not respect the original which is inspired by, the SIG-Sauer P226 Tactical. welcomes the apparent absence of Chinese written (the "Made in China" is printed on the bottom of grip, while the model of AEP is punched inside, underneath the barrel. Note: the Picatinny type rail differs from standard size, being about 3mm wider (width max teeth: 2.4 cm)

dsc03609csz.jpgdsc03611l.jpg

the gun tip is pure invention (or at least, it should be threaded), probably for the orange painting required by law by importing countries (immediately repainted by myself in black - Citadel Chaos Black spray is perfectly identical to that of the gun, otherwise any matte black will do). It appears, however, can't be removed.

What's wrong is, for sure, the safety driver: its leverage comes out too much from the shape of the pistol, and so arming inadvertently after contact, for example, with the holster.

1200cimg6843.jpg

So, when in the holster, the gun will never have the safety on.

The weight is noticeable, with battery and charger included did mark 860gr.

Of course, as other AEP on the market, the gun shoots both single and auto, tested, nothing unusual to report.

Under a totally superfluous stick applied to the bottom grip, we found the engine tuning but... surprisingly it lacks a small screw that was immediately restored (quality control?).

1200cimg6869.jpg

Tested immediately with the bbs supplied, the trajectory is linear even if the hop-up effect it's still too much on the finish. With 0.23, the effect is much more 'controlled.

Using 0.20bb and hop-up set at minimum, we recorded an average speed of 63 m/s.

pdvd009b.jpg

for what could be seen without fully disassembly, we can see the air-set, hop-up chamber (metal), the hop-up lever, plastic, its tuning wheel (plastic), electrical cables with sheathing protection on welds, and the battery compartment with lever extraction, plastic (how long do you think it will last ..?)

1200cimg6813.jpg

in comparison with the Cybergun Beretta 92 (clone: Double Eagle M84):

1200cimg6814.jpg

Compared to Cybergun / Double Eagle, the Cyma hop-up appears more 'solid, both for the plastic used and for the thickness of the wheel which is adjustable through the overall rotation while Cybergun/DE is limited to half - rotation. Both have the hp chamber in metal. However, only time can give an effective response on the robustness and reliability of both, metal and plastic parts , where, for example, Cybergun/DE Beretta failed with unexpected breaks for both materials.

The barrel should correspond to a 122mm lenght, so compatible with the PDI precision barrel for Marui Beretta 93R.

Note the small seal interposed between the adjustable wheel and hop-up chamber to prevent breaks (not on cybergun / double eagle beretta, suggested his addition). I proceeded to lightly grease it with a bit of silicone grease.

oringhp.jpg

Unfortunately there is no white sight with which I was used on cybergun.

That's all, the next week, the test in game.

NB - If necessary, remember to grease the 2 pins with their springs of the magazine, the first thing I noticed it was the difficulty of inserting bbs. Also i registered missed shots at the beginning but after the grease (or maybe after finishing the bbs in the box ..) now it does not miss a bullet.

I greased all the different mechanism as the safe, the trigger,the fire selector etc.

I put a bit of grease even outside of the chassis, making it much less plastic look, especially the part of the fake slide.

Conclusion: between the AEPs currently on the market worthy of note*, this is recommended to all those who:

are not lovers of the design of the Glock (marui or Cyma)

do not want to spend too much for USP marui

do not want to deal with the problems of reliability of the materials of cybergun / Double Eagle Beretta 92

___

* AEPs currently on the market with metal gears and 7.2V battery :

[*] Marui Glock 18

[*] Marui USP

[*] Marui Beretta 93

[*] Cyma Glock 18 (new version coming with metal slde)

[*] Cyma Double Eagle

[*] Cyma P226

[*] Cybergun / Double Eagle (clone) Beretta 92 elite

[*] Double Eagle USP (M81)

and here with the laser pointer mounted. It was not easy to mount because the rail is wider of at least 3 mm, so I had to file the excess on both sides, reinforcing inside with hot glue, partial sand and repaint with black spray indicated in the review.

1200img0623.jpg

img0628e.jpg

img0641u.jpg

Archived