PLA Camouflage

Grimm

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the cut of that. But am annoyed that it looks even more like flecktarn. This whole chinese copying thing is getting way out of hand...

:D I'd say you're about 6 years too late with that comment - as this stuff is called M03 Plateau camouflage. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree.. I have a winter down jacket in digi 'Tibetan' pattern. It's a great design and great quality too! But i prefer the fleck pattern... I'm going to pick up some trousers and lots of other PLA uniforms and gear when I go to China next month to get married. B)

P1000569.jpg

P1000570.jpg

Inner lining is removable as is the real fur collar. All linings filled with down. VERY warm jacket...

Interesting PLA uniform (also my size..) in a kind of DPM pattern...

P1000574.jpg

Interesting patterns, anyone know where to get? or more specifically where to get in fat *albatross* American sizes :P ?

Only place I've ever found is Royal Tiger Military Gear, they have the ripstop, commercial version of Highland camo: http://www.royaltigergear.com/index.php?cP...3c00d697cf17ea5

The Russian company SPLAV also does their BDU in a replica of the Tibettarn pattern - so whoever sells SPLAV BDUs might be able to get that as well.

Only place I've ever found is Royal Tiger Military Gear, they have the ripstop, commercial version of Highland camo: http://www.royaltigergear.com/index.php?cP...3c00d697cf17ea5

The Russian company SPLAV also does their BDU in a replica of the Tibettarn pattern - so whoever sells SPLAV BDUs might be able to get that as well.

ok, thanks. wonder how there sizing is.

Where do you get this in China. Both times I went to Shanghai area I got exactly nothing - I couldn't even find tac gear.

I'm going to Zhengzhou, Guangzhou, Beijing etc etc so I'm sure I shall find something. Also my wife is into 'army clothes' as she puts it and her dad was a career officer in the PLA so between them they shall know where to go. A lot of the poorer country people wear army surplus because it is so darned cheap, so head out of the big cities and see what you might find.

I emailed royal tiger gear about having any of those winter jackets and what do you know, they have updated the website within a few hours with them in stock, for $95.

Might seem steep but I guess if its a good a jacket as you say it might be worth the splash, although I bet you paid alot less for it.

• 1 month later...

Ok people, I am back from China!

Just around the corner from my wife's dad's house is the various Military Academies of Zhengzhou. So outside are many surplus stores, but only one was selling genuine kit to the soldiers. So that's where I went and with the help of a soldier I made sure I got the real badged uniforms in my size... which are illegal to sell to foreigners supposedly, but hey, money talks... I should add that fat American sizes do not exist from what I saw, so I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen if you are a salad dodger. I found the 180 size fits me well, only ever so slightly short in the leg, but jackets and waist (I'm a 32" waist) fit fine. Still can't source the webbing though. I'm working on that though.

Ok, first up, digi Tibetan pattern to match the cold weather coat:

P1010586.jpg

Green digi pattern- this is the 'standard' uniform from what I was told, not just military police:

P1010587.jpg

And finally the Tibetan flecktarn style pattern:

P1010585.jpg

One of May's friends did 4 years in the PLA and is sending me his 4 uniforms he has too, which should fit as he is close to my size.

And just to dispel a few rumours- I would say that Northern Chinese are as tall as us- maybe taller. The amount of guys taller than me (I'm 6'2") was an eye opener, but the amount of hot chicks knocking on 6' was AMAZING!!!! :wub: Rush hour trips on the underground were great fun.. :P But generally, they are slim build.

Just to add, I can source more of these uniforms and the cold weather digi jacket posted direct from China, but remember the slim sizing. I am awaiting a size chart for what I can get and I shall report back.

Space Monkey that Digital Tibet is freaking sweet.

Grimm I never saw this thread before and I am not sure if this is still a possibility but if you are able to source the Tibet Flecktarn that would be a pretty sweet uniform. For my 2 cents on the matter it would be awsome to see the pattern in a uniform and matching cover but also to see it in the wide array of BE-X kit as well. Pouches, MP5 chest rig, M4 Rig, Ephod, etc..if you do make this into a BE-X item kit is an absolute must since the chinese stuff is so hard to come by.

I really look forward to seeing some of this stuff if you are able to get it going. Especially a Tibet flecktarn EPHOD!

Here's another place that sells the repro "Tibettarn" uniforms:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLA-Tibetan-Camo-Chi...=item3ef5c7aa60

They also sell the matching boonie hats and helmet covers.

My airsoft team (Duchy of Grand Fenwick Special Operations Brigade) has just decided to adopt this as our winter uniform. ;-)

I haven't seen any troops wearing it anymore- it's all the digi 2007 patterns they wear now. There are four of these- the brown so called Tibet pattern which is for arid environments (most of Northern China is arid but it is quite brown), the green woodland pattern, the green and grey pattern for urban and a blue pattern for 'Ocean'. That old pattern is very, very cheap in China, a pound or two at most, and so is worn by lots of very poor workers all over, as is the dress uniform jackets too. The gov doesn't mind as in a way it gives the impression that there are a lot more soldiers everywhere...

Interstingly, a lot of soldiers wear their dress uniforms on their days off too when travelling. They get various concessions at attractions and of course preferential treatment. Had a very friendly Air Force officer join us for the Shaolin Temple trip in full uniform.

Archived