CM-040B AK-104 (Skeleton stock)

Decided to treat myself last week to a new AEG and after lots of looking around this soon became the top of my list. I’ve had clones before, my first was a Cyma Ak74 (the ICS clone) and a Dboys M4. To be honest I’ve never been that impressed with clones, that’s why I haven’t bought another in over 1 1/1 years of having my last one, so i was unsure of my new clone but excited aswell. I bought my AK from RSOV and used TNT as delivery, excellent service tbh, it was picked up from the RSOV warehouse on Thursdays only to be at my house the next day by noon.

Heres the parcel

photo0025d.jpg

Inside (Nice usage of the box there :P)

photo0026rym.jpg

photo0027g.jpg

The AEG came with a High cap, charger and 8.4v 1400mah battery. I won’t be using any of those bits.

photo0028s.jpg

photo0029b.jpg

photo0030vmc.jpg

As you can see here the selector switch doesn’t go all the way to the top, which isn’t much of a issue, but nothings perfect.

photo0033g.jpg

photo0037q.jpg

Before i bought the AEG, I was concerned whether or not i would be able to use my 9.6v 1400mah batteries because they differ in length. However all is well the 9.6v fits perfectly.

photo0038t.jpg

photo0040r.jpg

The battery even fits into the top foregrip

photo0041g.jpg

Another thing I’ve not encountered before on a AEG, the casing around the motor is magnetised

photo0042n.jpg

The little "L" block that sits in front of the hopup at the top of the gearbox under where the battery slides into doesn’t quite fit either

photo0045k.jpg

The wire where the connector bends, hangs over the top of the body a little, but was fixed by twisting it the other way round. I was worried about catching it when I replace the top cover.

photo0047i.jpg

The grip compared to a VFC Ak47 grip. VFC on the left, Cyma on the right

photo0054l.jpg

photo0053m.jpg

And heres my other darling to compare size (VFC AIMS PMC)

photo0051h.jpg

I played around with the ulitmak rail and found its a perfect fit on the cyma, so I think I shall pursue this look!

AK Purists look away now

photo0052w.jpg

PROS: (yet to test it at a skirmish)

- The Stock has ZERO wobble, I’m amazed. Was really expecting to have problems with it but it feels nice a solid

- Very Light

- Takes my JG Waffle mags

- Easy to strip down

CONS:

- Poor quality metal

- Crappy charger

• 4 weeks later...