rep points missing....due to upgrade methinks

that sounds good...

we should get rhino to be a rep mod :P everyone respects him...

some are even afraid of the guy...

edit: it's not totally missing... the rep point's are still there... guess H_M can stop crying now... just look at people's profiles to see the rep points

Edited by urban-ninja

Yup, rep points can still be seen in people's profiles - ergo, the database is still there. It seems the rep-point engine is merely unavailable.

I doubt it was 100% intentional though, as The "Find Me" function is ALSO broken. Click the "Find Me" link next to people's post and you will see that THAT engine is also off-line.

I think a server software upgrade has been done that has reset the links to these two features (or something). It WILL be looked at soon. ;)

No no no. ;) The mods that were disabled after the new forum code was uploaded. It's not lost as the old files are backed up before upgrade, there's just a few lines of code to be copied from one file to another.

The "Find Me" bit works now. The rep system will have to wait for me to get some sleep and then go through and stick it back on. Nothing has been lost there's just no code on the front end to display the data yet.

yeah, you could always just handily "forget" to replace the code- I've had to quell so many fights, wipe so many teary eyes and tell off so many users for abusing the rep system has had of late, I'd be happy if it never resurfaced :)

but thats just me!

THAT would be useful- obviously, we'd need to be able to police THAT as well.

What would be nice is if we could do something like ebay, with a percentage point thing based around a *positive, indifferent, negative* choice that wuld only be available to those who had bought stuff off people.

But, as none of the sales go through any transaction with arnies other than as an advertising point, there'd be very few ways of doing this, and the amount of cose would probably mean a fortnight without sleep for arnie :(

so I guess not then :)