CYMA AIMS coming very soon!

chas

aqw.jpg

cm0505.jpg

Detailed pictures:

http://www.51qbh.hk/gouwu/product.asp?id=1535

I just wish they'd come with a brown grip but they're only like 10$. And the foregrip does indeed look off, but hey: its wood, easy to mod!

Here's the Dboys prototype, for comparison:

ROMONAARDBOY.jpg

Here's the grenade, I think its already on KHmountain or Gunner's. Dont ask me how it works or what it does.

http://www.51qbh.hk/gouwu/product.asp?id=1408

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the grenade, I think its already on KHmountain or Gunner's. Dont ask me how it works or what it does.

http://www.51qbh.hk/gouwu/product.asp?id=1408

One of my friends has one of those grenades. There's a powder disc that goes in it along with the BBs, so when it pops, it throws the powder everywhere along with the BBs.

I dont think it does have blowback: the two MP5s and the AK47 showed that feature on the box and this one doesnt.

On the other hand, the two new MP5s first came out without blowback, maybe we're lucky and they do the same with the AIMS (and an AKMS).

I dont think it does have blowback: the two MP5s and the AK47 showed that feature on the box and this one doesnt.

On the other hand, the two new MP5s first came out without blowback, maybe we're lucky and they do the same with the AIMS (and an AKMS).

So where will the battery go? :rolleyes:

Jeez, aisoft has come along way in the past 2 years (now when an acm company comes out with a gun we can hope for it to be steel) we use to hope for it to take stranded magazines and regular batteries and not to have a plastic outer barrel. (and if we were lucky it would have a metal gearbox lol)

If it uses the blowback system CYMA already has adapted for their gearboxes, it takes up the entire receiver space. I don't see the same system being used, and that was what was brought up:

I wonder if it'll have their recoil engine...

In any case, is nice!

cyma are using a TM style recoil mech as well. this takes up the space under the reciever cover.

the VFC AIMS also had a hollowed foregrip for a LiPo battery so it could be used with their dummy bolt as well. however by the looks of that foregrip it doesnt look big enough.

they could always nick TM's small battery under the upper handguard too.

On closer inspection and comparison with a VFC AIMS (pic taken from nachostheclown's review), I noticed that the new Cyma gearbox looks like a 100% clone of VFC's: note the same type of fuse and the dust cover's spring guide secured onto the top of the rear of the GB. Why would Cyma go through the trouble of cloning a new AK gearbox and not rig it up with a very simple blowback mech?

Then again, there's no sign of blowback mech on the box, but remeber the MP5s. Lets hope...

cm05031.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

On closer inspection and comparison with a VFC AIMS (pic taken from nachostheclown's review), I noticed that the new Cyma gearbox looks like a 100% clone of VFC's: note the same type of fuse and the dust cover's spring guide secured onto the top of the rear of the GB. Why would Cyma go through the trouble of cloning a new AK gearbox and not rig it up with a very simple blowback mech?

dboys have cloned that box, fuse and latch retainer setup for a year plus but not added one either Maybe neither firm feels what it adds is worth the effort?

In cymas case it might just be a case of waiting and seeing how it pans out in real world use of their MP5s (or even a spare feature to implement later to add a bit of fresh interest to what would be a few month old model by then)

In any case the only blowback AK Cyma have shown interest in making thus far is their hybrid take on maruis recoil shock, a box not suitable for battery under top cover designs (and I think the one AK they've placed it in they've reverted back to marui style receiver?)

Could even be a case of not wanting to cause any extra confusion by having two AK blowback mechs on go at same time e.g. if folks report Cymas blowback just waggles the bolt and stops at different places, it might put folks who read that off buying the recoil shock model if they dont realise which is being reffered to

Is it just me or is the metal where the top wood cover meets the receiver and sight block is the metal completely mushed?

Still this is piquing my interest, I was waiting for the Kalash one but this may slake my thirst.

I know it should be vaguely flared but I can't remember my 3 AKs being like that. Meh, it's too early.

Archived