CYMA AIMS coming very soon!

chas

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first link provided in the OP shows pictures of the battery space under the dust cover.

my bad! didnt check that.

In any case the only blowback AK Cyma have shown interest in making thus far is their hybrid take on maruis recoil shock, a box not suitable for battery under top cover designs (and I think the one AK they've placed it in they've reverted back to marui style receiver?)

it says on the box 'real sword construction' so it's most likely the same as their new AKM, all pinned except the barrel.

In any case the only blowback AK Cyma have shown interest in making thus far is their hybrid take on maruis recoil shock, a box not suitable for battery under top cover designs (and I think the one AK they've placed it in they've reverted back to marui style receiver?)

it says on the box 'real sword construction' so it's most likely the same as their new AKM, all pinned except the barrel.

I was talking about the one with the marui style recoil engine under the top cover that prevents use of a stick battery - (the CM046T?) traditional marui construction on that one..

cm046t20.jpg

Gunner's description of the gun says "electric blowback", but I dont see the rod that connects the piston and the dust cover....
still i doubt it

4p0rgxng3ionj8yfren1.jpg

red arrow: the normal non blowback

yellow arrow: this is maybe the hole for blowback attachment

EDIT:

ok maybe it's a blow back...

u7k3jqfo1x3hay1feqm4.jpg

So would this be a better purhcase than the AIMS Kalash? Ive owned the AKs74U before from Cyma and was pleased, but Ive always been curious with the quality of the Kalash, and the all Steel externals are a nice bonus. It would be nice if Cyma had the same.

Sorry, but how is that relevant?

Before I edited my post I was asking whether people would get the Cyma or rather wait for the kalash.

On the blowback issue: I guess its there, if all stores are showing pics of the gun without the top cover it must be for a reason.

So would this be a better purhcase than the AIMS Kalash? Ive owned the AKs74U before from Cyma and was pleased, but Ive always been curious with the quality of the Kalash, and the all Steel externals are a nice bonus. It would be nice if Cyma had the same.

CYMA. Comes with a 6.04mm tightbore, Metal bushings as stock, a MUCH smoother and better shimmed gearbox, a metal hop-up unit which is miles better than the DBOYS plastic unit, more realistic wood etc etc etc.

CYMA win.

Cyma internals and performance seem to win.

Dboys externals seem to win, thats what most people said about the AK74 or the AKSU.

But what bloodybiscuit said about 20 guns falling apart is worrysome.

BTW: why is steel construction so important to people? Can it be made look used better than Cymas?

CYMA. Comes with a 6.04mm tightbore, Metal bushings as stock, a MUCH smoother and better shimmed gearbox, a metal hop-up unit which is miles better than the DBOYS plastic unit, more realistic wood etc etc etc.

CYMA win.

Not quite. The DBoys all-steel versions have metal bearings and an equally well-shimmed gearbox. I'd rather have the plastic hopup unit to be honest, and new CYMA wood versus new DBoys wood, well the DBoys wood wins hands down.

Is it just me or is the metal where the top wood cover meets the receiver and sight block is the metal completely mushed?

Still this is piquing my interest, I was waiting for the Kalash one but this may slake my thirst.

I know it should be vaguely flared but I can't remember my 3 AKs being like that. Meh, it's too early.

u7k3jqfo1x3hay1feqm4.jpg

Im puzled by the line at rear of the mechbox, but the part at rear of the boltcarrier being highlighted in that photo is just the normal stabilizing piece found on rear of Dboys bolt carriers and nearly all the VFC ones.

I dunno scratching my head on this one... piston-head made out of a neodymium magnet that drags the steel bolt carrier back with it, lol? sort of Wireless Blowback :D

Archived