CYMA AIMS coming very soon!

chas

I dont think anyone is really complaning, he's just saying we might want to get an aftermarket, better shaped handguard. That's all.

@ superfelix: how bad is the wobble of the stock? not too noticeable, obnoxious or worrying that it might break?

Also, could you take some more pictures outside, they are usualy better than store pics, at least to judge on the finishing.

Thanks!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, doesn't look too bad to me! At least it's actual plywood and laminated. Sure, the shape is a tiny bit off but come on... that's like complaining that an airsoft gun isn't full steel in construction. Just a year or two ago everyone was thrilled if an AK AEG for under $200 was full metal and had real wood handguards. And if they were actual laminated plywood than people just about *suitcase* themselves!

Now people complain if their under $200 AEG isn't full steel and the laminated plywood handguards aren't 100% real steel in every aspect. :rolleyes:

I'll be getting a CYMA AIMS later this week.

I own a nice homemade AIMS since more 2 years before any AIMS AEG issues and very satisfied .

I am not complaining about the Hand guard ,just saying they are UGLY...and own a set of multicolor RS ones , so i do not count on it ...

It is a pity that CYMA has "copied " the shape of Cheap AIMS HG or G&G AIMS HG , and yet not difficult to make a nice shape ,this mistake can desappoint some AIMS lovers

DSCN4855.JPG

the receiver

DSCN4821.JPG

The folding stock is strong , no risk to break

Vertical wobble for the folding stock

Wow, nice comparison Felix!

I see what you mean about the color of the grip being a bit off and the shape not being quite right where the normal handguard meets the vertical section.

But hey, it's not that big of a deal to me. I went ahead and ordered an AIMS from KH Mountain tonight along with a Element Brick Red pistol grip for it. If I ever do decide that the slightly off color of the handguard bugs me I can always stain it with some Red Oak wood stain and that'll do a treat for it.

Anyhoo, expect a review of the AIMS from me in 2 weeks or so. ^_^

@Jin15

If you replace the HG by a red tone better replace then the pistol grip by a red one as well

The black pistol grip do not suit well the AIMS whatever the HG tone

We can not be desappointed now by CYMA AEG issues

The big flaw is the rear sling swivel that can break FOR SURE !!

DSCN4929.JPG

Superfelix are you planning to do a review?

side note my name is Felix too :D

Hello Felix

I started to make a review in French , a litte bit lazy to write again what everybody knows about the welknown CYMA gearbox

Otherwise there are some pictures

No opportunities so far to test it during a game but i won t be desappointed , i am used to have CYMA sine a long time know

Yes the rear sling swivel is the bad point , a real annoying point

http://super.felix.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7409#7409

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it is worth buying

The Kalash AK 74 laminated has about 20 USD difference with the AK74 , so i think the same price difference at the issue of the KAlash AIMS as well .As said the CYMA AIMS HG is ugly ..

If you already owned some RS AIMS HG then buy the CYMA

• 3 months later...

Archived