Magpul Picture Thread

first off, very nice gun. i really like the wear job on it, it may not be the most realistic, but i really like it.

but why two flashlights?

If you want to know why you need two flashlights... u got to watch "The Art of Tactical Carbine". Chris Costa has a full explaination for it.... lol. But basicly.... just for backup.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the difference in wobble between the MOE and CTR stocks?

I've tested a MOE on mine (G&P buff tube), and the MOE wobble is only slightly more than the CTR (when locked down). It's not too significant though, slightly better than the CTR when not locked down

I've tested a MOE on mine (G&P buff tube), and the MOE wobble is only slightly more than the CTR (when locked down). It's not too significant though, slightly better than the CTR when not locked down

Take the CTR off, and put some strips of electrical tape on the buffer tube. it will stop the annoying wobble.

My hypothesis: The CTR has a locking mechanism that clamps down on the tube. If the tube is slightly too small, it will still wobble (for all stocks). I used the tape under an old 4 position stock, and it stopped the wobble but also made it near impossible to slide. Since the CTR has a locking mech, it can clamp down on the tape, but still allow the CTR to slide when unlocked. (I hope that made sense).

Nice pics guys...

Whan, and reason you mounted your rear sight that far forward?

Jar|-|ead, can you go into a little more detail on your "B.A.D. like device"... I have something similar but can't post pics of it in this part of the forum, always looking for something better

Also if you grip the mag lower you won't have the fumble caused from your hand hitting the magwell ;)

Edited by Wayneard3413

Here's my G&P GBB SR16 using Magpul's Urban Dark Earth Accessory kit specifically made for LaRue Tactical:

ude02az4.jpg

The following pics are Magpul Dynamics inspired:

(Click pics for larger version)

VFC SR16E3:

ouside01smallfp4.jpg ouside02smallgu2.jpg

magpulsr16s02a.jpg

(On the left is the VFC SR16E3, on the right is a G&P GBB SR16)

From when the above pics were taken, I have since cut down the left side KAC Taupe Panel and installed a CQD Front sling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Found the pics, including ones in which I finally had the chance to install a Magpul ASAP Sling Plate and CQD Front Mount (couldn't find it for the longest time) on my VFC SR16E3 URX AEG:

sr16e301aai.jpg

sr16e302aao.jpg

sr16e303aa.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During a training day this past Saturday:

01jhtrainingday.jpg

Edited by uscmCorps