Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, prolly not. In that video, he's simply doing a demo vid for KAC. The most commonly seen aimpoint t-1 + CTR + other magpul FDE stuff is his rifle (though I think his is the one without the PEQ, as that's the one he uses in his classes. The one with the PEQ-15 is Haley's. Costa was demoing Haley's rifle at shot show, because it had the Redi-mag, and the magpul BAD was one of the highlights he needed to show.) Costa is sponsored by KAC, so he does demo stuff for them (not to mention as many free SR-15/16s he wants).

Also, the gun I posted is essentially a stock KAC with PMAGs and a Nightforce scope. Since KAC partners with Nightforce, I'm pretty sure that gun is a demo gun, and KAC has many like it.

dang jarhead, your gun is the evermore evolved version of mine haha. good work on the bad lever. what gasblock are you using? is that the real gooseneck?

The gas block is by King Arms Low Profile Type 3.

The BAD lever works for the PTW

That is the real gooseneck.

Nah, prolly not. In that video, he's simply doing a demo vid for KAC. The most commonly seen aimpoint t-1 + CTR + other magpul FDE stuff is his rifle (though I think his is the one without the PEQ, as that's the one he uses in his classes. The one with the PEQ-15 is Haley's. Costa was demoing Haley's rifle at shot show, because it had the Redi-mag, and the magpul BAD was one of the highlights he needed to show.) Costa is sponsored by KAC, so he does demo stuff for them (not to mention as many free SR-15/16s he wants).

Also, the gun I posted is essentially a stock KAC with PMAGs and a Nightforce scope. Since KAC partners with Nightforce, I'm pretty sure that gun is a demo gun, and KAC has many like it.

True, but I do know for a Fact that Costa does have a SR15E3 IWS. I have talked to him about getting one myself.

Yeah, I think that's the FDE/AP T-1 one. I think that's his e3. But I've heard good things about the e3 (One of my dad's coworkers is an avid shooter). Only problem is the waiting list is often forever....

Awesome! Thanks for the pics!

I just got my VFC SR15E3 and was about to switch it to the 11.5" barrel when I realized I really liked the 16" barrel too. So I'm planning on buying the separate SR15E3 upper from VFC and doing the conversion to that so that I can switch uppers when ever I feel like it. I plan on using my SR15E3 and my Chris Costa Custom Magpul SR16 during OP:Lion Claws this year. :)

Here are both rifles of C. Costa & T. Haley from Art of the Tactical Carbine Volume 2, I was posted a few pages back ago. U can see them both SR15/16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix3KMlp3-vY

And from Magpul website here are some pics.

post-45087-1242625006_thumb.jpg

post-45087-1242624983_thumb.jpg

post-45087-1242624994_thumb.jpg

Also Whan, those are not GUNs, these are rifles! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTLO7yZq8NE

I have a Magpul addiction...

IMG_1279.JPG

The bottom gun is a G&P Woc GBB fitted with a RS Miad kit. Dropped in perfectly.

Sonny, what brand is that gas block/front sight mount on the gun in the middle? I have a vfc moe and i want to replace the standard front m4 sight with a mbus.

Edited by Quagmired

Hope you don't mind me answering your question but it looks like the VLTOR front sight tower.

$18 from EB with markings.

But since you wanna put some MBUS on there anyways I'd go for the VLTOR style low profil gasblock.

No need for 2 front sights, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by somegirls
Hope you don't mind me answering your question but it looks like the VLTOR front sight tower.

$18 from EB with markings.

But since you wanna put some MBUS on there anyways I'd go for the VLTOR style low profil gasblock.

No need for 2 front sights, but that's just my opinion.

Makes sense, no need for a folded sight under a MBUS. I have to find the right one because i still need the part of the m4 front sight that is round that holds the MOE grip in place. So which ever i get has to have the threaded screw hole to hold that part in place.

correct, that's why this is the one for you!

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1837

The only problem with that one is it doesnt have a 20mm rail on top. I have the aluminium rail kit for the MOE hand guard but the rails only fir really well on the bottom. Thats why i need a rail on the gas block.

Sonny, what brand is that gas block/front sight mount on the gun in the middle? I have a vfc moe and i want to replace the standard front m4 sight with a mbus.

One thing to keep in mind is that on RS applications, Magpul Ind. strongly recommends against mounting their MBUS onto any railed gas block as they fear the polymer may not be able to handle the incredible heat generated when firing the gun. Kinda sucks because I'd much rather place my MBUS on the gas block on one of my guns rather than further back on the rail. Personally I may just say f*ck it and put the MBUS where ever I want, but it's probably something you should be aware of before you do it and someone comes along and calls you out on it. ;)

One thing to keep in mind is that on RS applications, Magpul Ind. strongly recommends against mounting their MBUS onto any railed gas block as they fear the polymer may not be able to handle the incredible heat generated when firing the gun. Kinda sucks because I'd much rather place my MBUS on the gas block on one of my guns rather than further back on the rail. Personally I may just say f*ck it and put the MBUS where ever I want, but it's probably something you should be aware of before you do it and someone comes along and calls you out on it. ;)

Since my MOE isn't real steel...............

I am not the ultra-purist some on here are. ;)

:P I think I did call someone out on it sometime back in the Armalite thread.