Magpul Picture Thread

Whan: its a direct copy of the RS version, so if you want to install it on an AEG you must file down the sides a bit.

I got it from a friend in vietnam for about USD15.

you can try to get it from [here], but I think they dont sell outside china.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was hoping to get one for $10 shipped, but I'm cheap that way :D

Fair enough, But for a product that works from a company that people respect and love isnt it worth the extra $10-$15 to support Magpul/PTS so they will continue to bring us new exciting products?? If it wasnt for Magpul there wouldnt be no ASAP right? therefore no cheap ACM clone to buy either.

Not a personal dig at you Whan, Just i think its a no brainer when its only a few $ between the clone and the real deal.

Make trigger guard out of duct tape and shoe lace?

No, 1st_shooter is waiting for a magpul trigger guard so he will have something magpul to post in the thread. Quagmired suggest there is no need to wait and should just make a magpul with duct tape and shoe lace; that way he has something to post sooner than later.

:D

sr15e3-short1.jpg

Not sure if this is the place, but I am tossing around the idea of doing a build ispired by that^^^gun, and I was wondering what I would have to do if I started with a VFC IWS 16in. I need to know things like outer barrel length and also what to do about the gas block. On the stock VFC the gas block sticks out past the rail, and obviously that is not he case with this rifle. If possible I would want a barrel without the gas block pin holes since they won't be covered by the gas block. And for the record I'll put some magpul furniture on it so now you can't say this post is off topic :P

Also what kind of mag is that? I like it! :D (Yes I know it's not airsoft)

Thanks, OGGY

EDIT: Also more pics of that gun would be great, and if anyone has a pic of a painted SR15 E3, I really want to see it.

EDIT 2: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hoghug/20090101 Drool....

Edited by -=OGGY=-

I am actually having my retailer ask VFC to build me one of these. It is an 11.5 inch barrel, so I am hoping they can just take the SR15 use the SR16s barrel and the gas tube(?) length. As for the mag, it is an EMag.

Not sure if this is the place, but I am tossing around the idea of doing a build ispired by that^^^gun, and I was wondering what I would have to do if I started with a VFC IWS 16in. I need to know things like outer barrel length and also what to do about the gas block. On the stock VFC the gas block sticks out past the rail, and obviously that is not he case with this rifle. If possible I would want a barrel without the gas block pin holes since they won't be covered by the gas block. And for the record I'll put some magpul furniture on it so now you can't say this post is off topic :P

Also what kind of mag is that? I like it! :D (Yes I know it's not airsoft)

Thanks, OGGY

EDIT: Also more pics of that gun would be great, and if anyone has a pic of a painted SR15 E3, I really want to see it.

EDIT 2: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hoghug/20090101 Drool....

I know where the pictures come from, but maybe I'll be mean and withhold them :bye1:

For me, I just ditched the gas block (for my 11.5 SR15). For the most part, no one can see it. Costa's 11.5 (yes, it's an 11.5 barrel) uses a carbine length gas system, unlike the midlength gas system used in the standard SR15 E3's.

I'll post pics of my gun (nearly identical to the one in that pic, except it has a normal KAC VFG, no ASAP, no MIAD, no KAC Brake, no Magpul reciever, and PMAGS with a Cut down Redimag) once the repainted VFG and Rail covers dry.

That Mag is a Magpul Emag, designed for guns such as the HK416, for which the PMAG does not feel reliably (due to the geometry of the magwell).

Just Kidding about pics

http://imageevent.com/smglee/sh;jsessionid...weom6.penguin_s :P

EDIT: Oh teh noes! More people jumping on the 11.5 SR15 boat! Boat of Uniqueness is sinking :o

Edited by Whan

P1040817.jpg

Looks like i'm on the bandwagon

just waiting for my 11.5inch barrel to come in... any day now.

If only they made the SR15 16 inch barrel for the WOC...

btw, I HATE THAT GRIP, my thumbs are so sore from putting it on

Edited by Spartan452

"I'll post pics of my gun (nearly identical to the one in that pic, except it has a normal KAC VFG, no ASAP, no MIAD, no KAC Brake, no Magpul reciever, and PMAGS with a Cut down Redimag) once the repainted VFG and Rail covers dry."

So basically what you're saying is that you have an AR15 like Chris Costa? :rolleyes:

Just curious, how are yall get the rails off? I would love to do a 11.5 inch SR15 myself, but I was under the impression that the rail needed a special tool to remove. I'd love to get this underway without having to wait for VFC to make me one.

Just curious, how are yall get the rails off? I would love to do a 11.5 inch SR15 myself, but I was under the impression that the rail needed a special tool to remove. I'd love to get this underway without having to wait for VFC to make me one.

The real tool is very exspensive, so maybe theres another way ?

It is pretty simple, at least for the G&P, dunno about VFC.

The URX has 2 inner rings. The first inner ring is like lugnut that goes on top of the 2nd inner ring so that you can torque the rail down. The 2nd inner ring would go onto the reciever, and the rail with the 1st inner ring inside the URX, would screw over the 2nd inner ring, until the 1st inner ring acts as a screw to lock in the URX against the 2nd inner ring

I could probably make a video tutorial on how to do it without tools if there is enough interest.

to magsz: why are so mean all the time?

Edited by Spartan452

Spartan452's right. You don't really need the tool. Just a lot of trial and error to try and get the URX on right.

Magz: Well, it looks pretty damn close from afar, but yeah, it's inspired by his, though not a direct copy. The only current airsoft 11.5 midlength URX AR-15 in the US so far ^_^ (though not for long)

So yeah, we should somehow make our 11.5's look different.... somehow.

And, we should really start like a URX mafia :D For all of the few URX peoplez

Edit: Spartan452, so THAT's what you sold your old URX for. I was wonderin... Looks good bro.

Edited by Whan