Magpul Picture Thread

spartan:

maybe you're holding it wrong. That whole reference point story.

I'd love to see a MK18 mount or something. There's just no need for that mount on a full lenght contunious railsystem.

I think he actually meant physically installing it on the gun....the double spring-peg thing is pretty awkward to use compare the toe QD type, especially on a URX with that many segments on the rail....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magz: Well, it looks pretty damn close from afar, but yeah, it's inspired by his, though not a direct copy. The only current airsoft 11.5 midlength URX AR-15 in the US so far ^_^ (though not for long)

Just get a Magpul body and you will be good for a while in terms of uniqueness. Just see the link I posted awhile back.

Also thanks a lot for the pics, and what is an 11.5 barrel called? (Commando, M733, ect) Because I am looking at the G&P steel ones and all I see is Commando (hopefully someone can post a link and prove me wrong.)

I didn't even recognize the EMAG with it's fancy mag bumper. Hopefully PTS will finish up their UBR so they can make some EMAG's!!!:D

EDIT: Also, the VFC SR-15 IWS (16in) is called an SR-15 but says SR-16 on it. Would it be within the relm of possiblity to say my gun was an SR-16 updated with a Midlength URX and a 11.5in barrel?? (Sorry, these kinds of things annoy me)

EDIT 2: BTW Spartan wins cause he did it with a WOC :P . I tried doing a WA system build and it is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive (for me)

And.....##### That is awsome! Not sure about the Magpul receiver though, since I am not a fan of G&P's work....(that is the one I would have to buy if I built that; yes I know the pic I liked is RS :P)

EDIT 3: PTS UBR at wgc, $149, BUT NO FDE!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by -=OGGY=-

Oggy: You're in luck about the SR-16 thing. Costa's is actually an SR16 upper! At least It's marked SR-16 E3. I think it was a KAC one-off thing made for Costa/Travis. Here, take a look at this pic:

short2.jpg

Clearly a Magpul Reciever + SR16 E3 upper

DSC_6735.jpg

DSC_6734.jpg

DSC_6730.jpg

DSC_6721.jpg

Woot, my project is very near completion. I'm just not sure whether I should get a Peq-15 & KAC style Comp.

Peq15 would just add weight, and I'm trying to decide between the KAC comp or maybe and AAC or KX3.

No flashlight for me, as I rarely do low-light CQB games.

EDIT 2: BTW Spartan wins cause he did it with a WOC :P . I tried doing a WA system build and it is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO expensive (for me)

Wait wait wait, Spartan yours is a WOC? What rail did you use? Was it a RS or a G&P. Gah, my mind is blown. :flamed:

Either get the Tangodown Grip Chip or cram something in between to disengage the locking peg; after so you can easily slide the grip up and down the rails.

Protip: Allen wrenches and mallet

I have a real one and G&P rails are off spec, boy was it a *badgeress* getting it on there until I started using allen wrenches to hold open the lever and a mallet to knock the grip down, quick and easy ont he fingers :)

Woot, my project is very near completion. I'm just not sure whether I should get a Peq-15 & KAC style Comp.

Peq15 would just add weight, and I'm trying to decide between the KAC comp or maybe and AAC or KX3.

No flashlight for me, as I rarely do low-light CQB games.

I think you in need of a nice 1 point sling system. Either a CQD sling an ASAP sling or some sort of working 1 point or good transitional 3 point sling.

Protip: Allen wrenches and mallet

I have a real one and G&P rails are off spec, boy was it a *badgeress* getting it on there until I started using allen wrenches to hold open the lever and a mallet to knock the grip down, quick and easy ont he fingers :)

Protip #2: Take four zip ties, fold each one in half. wedge each one into the space above the lever to hold the lever down. It should be easy to get them off then. That's what I do with all my RS TD grips.

Whan: nice to see more cuts got done in the redi-mag. I believe there is also a section cut out of the right side of it too. BTW, how is it putting a mag into the redi-mag with all the extra space in the top? Does the mag just want to keep going all the way to the top? Have you considered putting some high density foam or butchering/cutting the top off a STAR PMAG and shoving that into the top of the redi-mag so you don't see the open space?

Apparently the light switch, none-the-less a pretty lame excuse. You would think with a statement like, "That's about it unfortunately," he just would have foregone posting it. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Apparently the light switch, none-the-less a pretty lame excuse. You would think with a statement like, "That's about it unfortunately," he just would have foregone posting it. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Well i wouldnt flame him its very true Ar's are like the only weapon usualy in here so why not for a change? oMGZ ITS A AR' YAYZORS!

Edited by RUSHER2
Well i wouldnt flame him its very true Ar's are like the only weapon usualy in here so why not for a change? oMGZ ITS A AR' YAYZORS!

Magpul specializes in AR accessories so you can hardly fault this thread for being littered with them.

Emag?

Also, honestly the UMG/UMP picture is exactly what this thread doesnt need. Just like the trigger guard one part certainly shouldnt put it this thread. Heck My m4 will have Magpul rail covers and an ASAP sling mount and i still feel iffy about posting it. I feel that the M4's are about the only models having a place in this thread, as Magpul trend refers to carbines such as Costa and Haley use as well. Not necessarily with all magpul parts.

Edited by reaper16
http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?ma...products_id=221

I am pretty sure that is one of the lesser known Magpul parts. And I don't believe that part has ever been posted in this thread before. Which was my reasoning for posting. B) And look it's not on an M4 :o

Isn't that a Falcon Industries product that Magpul offers on their site ... thus not really making it a Magpul part?