Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you Magpul junkies out there about the MIAD Grips. Would I be better off getting the one piece AR grip or the interchangeable full set? I have large hands and I wasnt sure which would be more accomidating. Also, do the interchangeable grip pannels create pinch points on the full set version?

Question for you Magpul junkies out there about the MIAD Grips. Would I be better off getting the one piece AR grip or the interchangeable full set? I have large hands and I wasnt sure which would be more accomidating. Also, do the interchangeable grip pannels create pinch points on the full set version?

If you have large hands, I'd probably go with the one piece grip. It feels identical to the interchangeable full set in the same configuration. The full set is relatively seamless with no pinch points. But if you have larger hands, save yourself some money and go with the one piece.

The one piece MIAD / interchangeable MIAD in the same config, are the most comfortable AEG M4 grips I have ever felt.

I have to actually side with the MIAD... I run mine with the large backstraps and it is a bit larger than the MOE I picked up, which is designed to be the same size as the medium insert

Also (and of course this is completely a personal preference thing) I much prefer the added "grippy-ness" of the MIAD

I have to actually side with the MIAD... I run mine with the large backstraps and it is a bit larger than the MOE I picked up, which is designed to be the same size as the medium insert

Also (and of course this is completely a personal preference thing) I much prefer the added "grippy-ness" of the MIAD

Hey Wayneard, aside from the Magpul PTS MOE grip, there's actually two versions of the Magpul PTS MIAD. The first generation PTS MIAD wasn't modular at all and was a simple one piece design in the large MIAD grip configuration. This was done as it was originally suspected that the MIAD profile could not be modular and accept the AEG motor. They since redesigned the PTS MIAD, and the second generation MIAD has the modularity similar to the RS.

somegirls : I'd say Number 1. BTW, did you make the Magpul Vinyl sticker yourself? Looks very nice.

what's a SBR? R stands for rifle I guess.

And yeah, that's the KAC trigger guard made my TSC for the WE M4 and since it's actually made especially for the WE I had to file it down for like 15min to make it fit. Not to mention I needed some ducktape to eliminate the raddling.

Edited by somegirls
somegirls' what is the switch/tab thing above the trigger (in front of the selector) and what does it do?

Those are replica KNS anti walk/roll pins.

Corps, are you sure the gen 1 MIAD grips were modeled after the B3 backstrap? I remember them feeling more like a B2.

Corps, are you sure the gen 1 MIAD grips were modeled after the B3 backstrap? I remember them feeling more like a B2.

You might be right. To me I don't feel that much of a difference between those two larger straps. Most people I've talked to with larger hands have very much liked the one piece MIAD grip.