• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm having Deja Vu.

Yes, 11,5" the rail is a 9.5"

you can see the difference of length between outer/rail on this old pic:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3537/dscn3257.jpg

And

I like how your compensator is on sideways.

If I recall correctly the proper way to mount that forward red dot is at an angle on the right side of the gun for righties (like in the magpul picture); read the "ACOG/MRD mounting option" review: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.optics2.html

But I'm guessing you are a lefty judging by the flashlight setup and ambi lower :P

My contribution for this topic :P

-DSC9052.jpg

VFC SR-16 E3

MAGPUL PTS CTR Stock

MAGPUL PTS CTR Rubber Thin Buttpad

MAGPUL M4/M16 PTS MIAD Pistol Grip Full Kit (Dark Earth)

MAGPUL PTS Metal Base for MIAD / MOE Pistol Grip (Black)

MAGPUL PTS ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Mount

MAGPUL 120rd PTS PMAG (Dark Earth)

G&P Knight's RIS Rail Cover Panel Set (Sand)

G&P Military Type 30mm Red / Green Dot Sight

G&P Military Type 30mm Red Dot Sight Cover (Sand)

VFC AN/PEQ-15 Battery Case (FDE) (not ready)

;)

Edited by hayabusa46

I like my KA grip as well, I cant stand hwo thin the KAC grip is now....(no puns please.....)

At any rate I just need to get a Sling, XT rail covers, and Emdom sling, and micropoint and mine is done for now.

Also does anyone know when those battery stocks in magpul booth picture above will be put into production? I ask because I dont do Lipos anymore, and would like to keep using intellect nunchuck batt's in my carbines. It would also be a perfect choice for my KA m4.

Edited by reaper16

hayabusa46 ... lookin' good dude! I'd say consider using a TangoDown QD Stubby in FDE to go with the rest of the FDE furniture. Regardless ... it's hot.

Just so you guys don't think I'm slacking off over here, a couple updated pics for ya (click for larger pics):

Got a second hood for my LaRue Tactical Low Profile Pride Fowler IronDot and painted it FDE (Alumahyde II Coyote) to match the rest of the furniture:

magpulfdesmall.jpg

Finally got a UBR for my new Magpul AR build:

magpulblack01small.jpg

magpulblack02small.jpg

I won't go into the parts list of the FDE build, 'cause you've seen it before, but here's the details of the new black Magpul build:

• Magpul PTS Receiver + G&P VLTOR MUR

• Magpul PTS UBR

• Magpul PTS MIAD

• Magpul PTS PMAG

• King Arms 11.5" Barrel

• Madbull FSC556 flash suppressor

• DYTac PWS Piston System

• RS Magpul PMAG Ranger Plate

• RS Rainier Arms EMG

• RS Daniel Defense 9.5" FSP Lite Rail

• RS Magpul Rail Ladders

• RS Magpul Rear MBUS

• RS EOTech 552

• RS Badger Ordnance Gen 1 Tactical Latch

I have a front RS Magpul MBUS for it ... but you're not supposed to put the MBUS on the gas block as it isn't supposed to take the heat ... and I'm not crazy about the look of it with the MBUS either on the gas block or sitting behind it. I may just put my RS KAC RAS Front Folding Low Profile Sight on the Gas Block instead ... or leave it as is and say f*ck it, I don't care! :D

I've actually changed my mind about the UBR. All the UBR's I've handled so far were RS, and my initial impression of them were that they were huge and chunky. But I've now gotten pretty used to them and actually quite like them. Plus AEX had a killer deal for them over the weekend so I figured why the heck not. I do find getting the stock off to access the lipo is a bit of a pain, and I do have a touch of wobble between the stock and buffer tube. Otherwise, I quite like it.

I've also got pics of my LMT MRP with a FDE UBR now ... those will come later tonight as I gotta run to the gym real quick.