Magpul Picture Thread

How about not quoting pictures?

Anyways, higher res picture here. I just google searched the name of the pictures, seeing how when it was rehosted it was not renamed.

Was scope mount was that. Looks quite interesting to me.

Looks like LaRue but has holes in it. So it's definitely not.

Does someone care to tell me?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it adjustable QD like La Rue?

Might be a new option to me because the La Rue dosen't co-wittness with my sights

Larue mounts co-witness. However are you referring to full co-witness or lower 1/3rd co-witness.

Because 1/3rd co-witness is optimal so you don't fill your tube up with too much front sight.

hey i have some questions, first? which stock is more solid? the CTR or the UBR? where do i hve more battery space? retractable stock tube or the UBR buffer tube?

and finally i have a pic request, a UBR on any gun without the storage space doors.

thanks a lot.

-Pedro Salas.

After that high of a round count, I am SO ditching the KAC trigger guard, and installing the magpul front strap from the full MIAD kits (NOT THE METAL ONE) as my right hand's middle finger is torn to bits. I should have worn gloves, but that gap on the lower receiver acts as a cheese slicer but on your finger.

Do you have a Gapper?

hey i have some questions, first? which stock is more solid? the CTR or the UBR? where do i hve more battery space? retractable stock tube or the UBR buffer tube?

UBR is more solid and has more depth but the inner diameter is about the same.

What replica stubby grip matches the magpul DFE color well? I don't mind a little mismatching, but would rather it match well.

The FDE fad is out (I always knew it was a "fad"), take a look at costa's SR15. He's gone black, and I don't ever think he'll go back. (is that how the saying goes?)

Just go black, I personally perfered black vforegrips with FDE panels. If you go with a FDE vforegrip, I just feel that the FDE is just too overwhelming.

The FDE fad is out (I always knew it was a "fad"), take a look at costa's SR15. He's gone black, and I don't ever think he'll go back. (is that how the saying goes?)

:huh:

Chris Costa probably has one AR for each of his fingers; just cause you saw a picture of him using a black rifle during one of the several Dynamics courses he teaches, doesn't mean he's "over" FDE.

It might be a fad in the airsoft world, as everything is, but not in the real world. FDE SCARs are being used, the ACR is being released in black and FDE, and every new Magpul accessory is still being released in FDE.

I've seen him use foilage green on the first magpul DVD, but that never caught on.

I think USCM started this whole FDE trend with his chris costa rifle, before him, barely anyone used FDE. maybe i'm giving him too much credit

I really think USCM has the biggest epenis of arnies airsoft, have you guys noticed that instead of saying, "i want a rifle to look like chris costa's rifle, we've been saying I want a rifle to look like USCM's"?

USCM is the chris costa of the airsoft world, no doubt about it.

I think USCM started this whole FDE trend with his chris costa rifle, before him, barely anyone used FDE. maybe i'm giving him too much credit

Well, Magpul technically invented the unique shade dubbed 'FDE', and Costa has always been their poster boy, so it makes sense that he would appear to have started the "FDE trend". I suppose you could say he did; he has certainly always pushed FDE.

Chris uses what he uses because that's what he wants to use. I think more airsofters could benefit from figuring out their own setups and work well for them rather than the carbon copies just to look cool.

In that same way FDE may be a trend in airsoft, but it's absolutely NOT a trend in the real firearm world.

Chris uses what he uses because that's what he wants to use. I think more airsofters could benefit from figuring out their own setups and work well for them rather than the carbon copies just to look cool.

In that same way FDE may be a trend in airsoft, but it's absolutely NOT a trend in the real firearm world.

I'm referring to the airsoft world and not the real world.

Most of the games I play are in woodland, and the sensible color would be foilage or od, but most people use FDE instead.

I have FDE on my rifle, its a very cool color, but i'm just laughing at the way we all flocked to it when chris costa started using it. I did it because of costa, and i'm pretty sure alot of other people did it too. Which is why i'm saying it is a fad, since now costa is using black, everyone will go back to black. Just a prediction of the future.

Not trying to say FDE is useless, and I hope you guys didn't interpret what I said as so.

Edited by Spartan452

I used FDE furniture way before I saw anyone on a DVD using it. Back in the late 80's and 90's when I played airsoft in the jungles of Hong Kong, I painted my JAC M16A2 OD and black. Now I play mostly in the deserts of California ... a tan like coloring on my AR just made more sense than an all black AR. If I played in woodland a lot, I'd probably take the FDE stuff off.

As for me specifically going for a Costa like gun... well, the way it went down (for me) was this: I've got a lot of guns (especially ARs). Some configurations work pretty nicely. Some don't. Some aesthetically were nice but functionally sucked. Some were the other way around. I've been trying to find a setup that both aesthetically really appealed to me and worked well for me. I saw Costa's and said, hey, I really liked the look of that dude's AR. Clearly Costa and Travis are guys who knows what they're doing. So I figured I'd give Costa's configuration a try and low and behold, not only did I like the look of it, I also liked the way it was setup. That worked out quite well and now it's my first choice out of all my guns. But if the configuration didn't appeal to me, rest assured I would have declared it an interesting, albeit failed experiment. I guess I just lucked out with this configuration. Simple as that.

With that said, I'm always finding my tastes in ARs changing. I'm building guns right now I never would have considered two decades ago ... heck, probably not even 2 years ago. From what Titleist described of Costa's new rifle, the description of it just doesn't seem to appeal to me and I highly doubt I'd ever consider building it as an airsoft gun. His previous AR iteration on the other hand, the SR15 with the 11.5" barrel, now that I do like.

My mistake then, I thought you were talking about the world outside of airsoft. I agree, there are too many airsofters who build a gun based on something they saw rather than their own personal pref.

Exactly, airsofters follow trends way too much. Take a look at redimags. No one used them until travis did.

Titliest- Quick question, what do you honestly think about the "one is one and two is one" saying that us airsofters embrace oh so passionately.

I honestly never use my flashlight in a game, I have one, but never use it. I feel it gives away my position, and dazzling people is dangerous.

Edited by Spartan452

Sup guise? What's going on in h.... FDE fo life! Was just reading all the recent postings. Funny happenings.

@ Spartan: when a tactical light is used, you don't just leave it on and shine everywhere. And in RS, you can use the very bright light to blind/stun/confuse the enemy before you ventilate them.

Edited by Hispeed1

I assume you mean "two is one, and one is none" right?

To preface, this comes from a background of a former airsofter who put real optics/PEQs, and furniture on my rifles, but I've since moved away from airsoft as a whole. So I firmly acknowledge that I've moved from a background of "wow that's cool, bolt that *suitcase* on" to "function over form".

But honestly, to your question, and this isn't said to dump on airsofters. But I think most players build to what looks coolest, and rarely take in to account what works best to do the job. i.e big giant lights, optics, redi-mags, etc. When within the context of the game those don't help as much as they hinder.

My guns have gotten more streamlined, lights smaller, optics lighter, less stuff on the guns. Because for 2-3 days straight that stuff kills your arms, and thus makes getting on target tougher. The best guns at this class, the ones that lasted the best, were simple.

I still like the airsoft community, it's like the real firearms forums in many sense, you've got those who BUILD rifles just to build them, and those that build them and then beat them till they bleed. I can assure you nothing on Chris or Travis' rifle was extraneous. I see some builds here and I'm just in awe of how much ###### is bolted on.

I hope that answers your question. Again not meant to rub anyone the wrong way. I've just moved in a different direction than airsoft, so I can look at both with some hindsight.