Magpul Picture Thread

IMHO, Having a weapon light is only worthwhile if you play at night or indoors (both of which I do upon occassion). If you're solely into playing outdoors in daylight you'll probably never end up using it in which case it'll just be un-needed excess weight. Unless of course you like the look of it (a big part of Airsoft), in which case do what makes you happy. As for having two lights, it's probably excessive for Airsoft. Unlike with real operators, it's highly unlikely that our lives would end up depending on it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, Having a weapon light is only worthwhile if you play at night or indoors (both of which I do upon occassion). If you're solely into playing outdoors in daylight you'll probably never end up using it in which case it'll just be un-needed excess weight. Unless of course you like the look of it (a big part of Airsoft), in which case do what makes you happy. As for having two lights, it's probably excessive for Airsoft. Unlike with real operators, it's highly unlikely that our lives would end up depending on it.

True, but a bunch of SF/SOF pics I've seen mostly have the ops have only 1 light-Surefire or Insight, etc. Operator preference I guess-just saying.

@ Titleist: glad to see that you're still alive after your Magpul class-j/k. lol. Can you please PM me the flickr link to your pics? I can't find them on there and I know we'll get in trouble if we post RS stuff here.

For me, function & form play about equal roles. I think a large point of airsoft is the visual aspect (cool looking weapons/loadouts). If we were to go for pure function, I think that all the loadouts and weapons would be much less cluttered, with everyone using a minimal amount of gear.

For me, I liked CC's SR15 11.5 look, and so I'm guilty of pretty much copying it for looks. But at least most of the stuff on my carbine serves a purpose (though it may be minimal compared to the price): (rail system lets me hold farther out, VFG = ref point, CTR gives better cheekweld, etc. etc.). Perhaps I sort of did what USCM did, copying a look, but also finding it worked out very well functionally.

I don't have a PEQ box w/ laser or flashlight because I never play CQB in a dark area/night games. However, I suppose I am guilty of form over function when I painted things in FDE, but play in a woodland environment (or MOUT).\

Also, my redimag is simply to hold the battery, and I hope to sell it once I make the switch to Lipos. Even cut down, they are pretty heavy.

Edited by Whan

I guess for me my interest in Magpul started when I wanted to build an all "tan" rifle, then I found all of the Magpul PTS stuff about a year ago. The gun never happened, but I had already bought my CTR and MIAD and was looking for a gun to put them on. I was also looking for a RS rifle when I found the KAC SR15 E3 IWS. I decided that I either had to get one in airsoft or make one, then I saw G&P release theirs and not soon after that VFC announce theirs. I waited for VFC to release theirs then had to save up to pay for it and every thing on/in it. I put all FDE furniture on it because I like FDE, simply as that. I did get inspiration in choice of optic from Costa. I do always look to see what he is putting on his rifles for further ideas because I figure he knows what he is doing.

While looking into the SR15 I saw the KAC promo video of Costa shooting it, that is when I really got into looking into what he was doing and found a Magpul forum and got tangled up into all things Magpul.

Oh and I am putting all black parts on the SR15 WOC I am getting from Spartan, I figured I'd mix it up a bit and not have 2 all FDE rifles.

Edited by rws591
For me, function & form play about equal roles. I think a large point of airsoft is the visual aspect (cool looking weapons/loadouts). If we were to go for pure function, I think that all the loadouts and weapons would be much less cluttered, with everyone using a minimal amount of gear.

For me, I liked CC's SR15 11.5 look, and so I'm guilty of pretty much copying it for looks. But at least most of the stuff on my carbine serves a purpose (though it may be minimal compared to the price): (rail system lets me hold farther out, VFG = ref point, CTR gives better cheekweld, etc. etc.). Perhaps I sort of did what USCM did, copying a look, but also finding it worked out very well functionally.

I don't have a PEQ box w/ laser or flashlight because I never play CQB in a dark area/night games. However, I suppose I am guilty of form over function when I painted things in FDE, but play in a woodland environment (or MOUT).\

Also, my redimag is simply to hold the battery, and I hope to sell it once I make the switch to Lipos. Even cut down, they are pretty heavy.

I had both of those styles, and I honestly perferred having the SR16 over the SR15. I dunno why, but I felt like the SR16 shorty was just easier to use all around. It wasn't as bulky either.

If I had to compare the 2 costa rifles, I gotta say the SR16 takes my vote. It might not look as good as the SR15, but I felt more comfortable using the SR16 over SR15 (one of the reason I sold it).

I look forward to you recieving it tomorrow rws. I hope you have the npas system ready hehe.

Small things, Let's not bash on the Larue double stack light mounts. I have wanted to put one on an mp5 RAS before their ever was "PTS". Yes a lot of people who use FDE in woodland make me laugh a bit. (Make a lot of my close friends laugh a bit.) Ill have pics of my next build up in a few week's, It just so happens to be a cluster *fruitcage* of colors (stuff I had left over). I am not sure weather or not ill run a double stack light mount or a TLR or an M3. Anyway, I chose to use a FDE magpul body because I think it will blend better than A black one. (Who know's I could be wrong.)

People who think camo is point full in airsoft make me laugh. But of course thats a opinion. :P

Imo, I wanted to use FDE before even seeing any Magpul vids. I prefer FDE to normal tan or CB on guns. Its also goes with my all CB loadout fairly well. And I stand by that even if Costa never used it, people still would.

Has nothing to do with a fad, I just like color and the stuff PTS makes. If I was fallowing a fad, My Magpul M4 wouldn't be overly short, as many people, besides me, find it ugly. :D

But less yap, more pics.

Edited by Mr Foxhound
Check this out:

Kudos to you for making your own. The space between the piece of the BAD that your trigger finger engages and the receiver seems a little excessive. One thing I've noticed about some of the other versions produced for real steel (like the Phase5Tactical EBR) the horizontal piece of the BAD is really close the upper arc of the trigger guard and is only just low enough to be engaged by the finger when needed, but otherwise is very much out of the way.

Travis made mention of that fact, it's been addressed with the new version, which is REALLY low profile, aluminum, and super simple.

Also, he did make mention that these companies selling copies of his design shouldn't expect to keep selling free and unrestricted. One design copy is fine, more than one is infringement. And those companies SHOULD expect audits down the line.

Kudos to you for making your own. The space between the piece of the BAD that your trigger finger engages and the receiver seems a little excessive. One thing I've noticed about some of the other versions produced for real steel (like the Phase5Tactical EBR) the horizontal piece of the BAD is really close the upper arc of the trigger guard and is only just low enough to be engaged by the finger when needed, but otherwise is very much out of the way.

Looking good Dubois!

If anyone was interested, here's that M6A1 I was refering to:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2609/378637...ebfd7852e_b.jpg

Interesting. But I'd still prefer it with a non-fixed front sight. The M6A3 front sight/gas block would be very cool instead.

What holster/mag carriers is Haley running?

Looks like a BladeTech?

The light mount looks like a LaRue Tactical Offset Flashlight Mount LT-606

So how do u use a light when its in that position?

Same as how Costa does in the accessories feature in Volume 1 of the dvd.... his thumb comes up and over from the non weapon side and hits it... and when is shooting non weapon side, its just straight up.

would be my guess anyways...

They're ALWAYS 40 days from order to shipping. Just takes them a long time to make what they make.

Also that RCS is for their M&P 9mms. That's also Costa's rifle.

USCM, the thing is, flip up sights can brake, see my SR-15 for example. There's something inherently simple and useful about A2 FSBs. They're not obtrusive and they don't break.