Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCM, the thing is, flip up sights can brake, see my SR-15 for example. There's something inherently simple and useful about A2 FSBs. They're not obtrusive and they don't break.

I agree about the A2 sights' practicality. I just wish the front sight was shaped like the Troy front half-circle sight. The Troy's sight picture is one of two reasons why I'd use the flip-up BUIS.

All Jag said was .22, and that's plainly obvious by the ejection port. But it's an S&W .22 SBR upper. One of only a couple made by S&W, one of which Travis has for T&E.

He actually asked for a photo just so he could send to S&W to prove he was testing it. With the AAC Pilot suppressor that thing was damn near on 'Whisper Mode'

Edited by Titleist

What I said an what I guessed are two different things. ;)

In fact... I'm not really sure who else really does turn out a true .22 LR AR-15-type-ish rifle other than Smith & Wesson. Yes, there are conversion bolts, but not that many uppers or complete guns.

(As an aside, the magazine and ejection port reek of S&W's M&P15-22. And it's on the cover of the latter-half-of-2009 Smith & Wesson catalog that I only see at work about four days a week.)

Yep, it's a custom M&P15-22. It was a very neat upper. I may snag one for dicking around eventually since I was smart enough to put 5.45, .22, .45, and 9mm on my ATF paperwork for my SBR calibers.

Again, it was a really neat upper. He ran that most of day 2 and 3. With the M&P 14.5" on day 1. That surefire muzzle brake is a beast.

Since I have to get in at least one photo of me with Travis:

3786377101_5f6c70615f_o.jpg

3787187090_0e7aed4942_o.jpg

@Victory Thanks, it's RJ London spray paint, color is Bosny Army Green! And if the shade surprises you, you should see our M249 PARA done up in that. It's on my to-do to get a pic of that.

@darkhold The rail system on the Colt is JG's replica of the Troy MRF-MX. Unfortunately the rail is out of spec (too little space on the gaps as I discovered attaching the Magpul XTM rail panels, and too long versus the real one or even King Arms' copy).

Whoa! That sucka is GREEN! Looks great dude. I really like the layout of that AR, just the bare necessities and yet what is there is well thought out. Well done! Actually both ARs look great (lol, the green kinda took over the shot). I'd happily use either one of those in a skirmish. Kudos to you! :)

We can't just call it "green" we gotta give it some tacticool name.

You don't see brown being called brown, we call it coyote brown, its got a ring to it. Foilage green was taken so we can't call it that, how about how about we term it Matte Dark Jungle, MDJ. Its matte, its dark, and it resemble philipine jungles.

Excellent name, what do you guys think?

Thanks everyone on the kind words! To everyone who thinks Bosny Army Green is a little odd, you ought to see what they call Earth Brown. I shall not inflict this upon those who do not want their eyes gouged. If you are brave, you can head over to our Flickr photostream and look for it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cto-overwatch/

@Spartan452 If MDJ doesn't catch on it'll end up being called Airsoft Green!