Magpul Picture Thread

Trip : That's coming together well. May I suggest some FDE Magpul Ladder Panels to tie the aesthetic of the rail to the rest of the gun more? I think that'd balance out the colors well.

Vicious : All good looking guns. Not sure about the M4 carry handle on the Diabolo but the look is growing on me.

Wayne : Which soldering tip worked better for you? The wide tip or the point? The wide tip seems like It'd give you better overall traction, but I've always found stippling from the pointed tips to be aesthetically nicest and worked well.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys, The UBR, any chance i could fit a 9.6 intellect stick into it? Or Could i Possibly do this with a CTR fully extended as well?

If anyone would be kind enough to test this for me if possible it would be great, because Im just not skilled enough to do the internal work for lipos yet.

Reaper, no on the UBR and no on the CTR, I can't fit an 8.4 stick in there, lipo is the way to go, 7.4 1100mAh fits in the stock tube fine with a CTR or MOE stock, 7.4 mAh sticks out the tube a wee bit but you can collapse the stock a bit with one fitted, unless you get a weird shaped lipo the UBR will be a mare to put a battery in, mines front wired so i havent tried to find a solution rear wired options using a UBR, someone else probably has done so though :)

Wayne : Which soldering tip worked better for you? The wide tip or the point? The wide tip seems like It'd give you better overall traction, but I've always found stippling from the pointed tips to be aesthetically nicest and worked well.

For the rails and some mags I used a medimum sized point... When I tried one of my grips I went for the wide "screwdriver" tip and simply laid it on it's side, then hit it with some fine sandpaper to knock down all the sharp edges

Grip.jpg

OMG YOU KILLED IT! :o

Personally i think they are ugly but i see how that would help if you aren't wearing gloves while having sweaty hands.

Practical but not beautiful. :P

I suppose guns are meant to be like that though.

As the saying goes "Function over Form"

It certainly applies to many things other than weapons.

Nice job on the grip Wayneman.

Won't it be nice if they made a VFG. Like one that someone has never thought about.

It's simple, practical and been the same for a long time.

Sure they can do something revolutionary. Not sure what needs to be changed tho.

Edited by alston251
Heh, your VFC HK416 can take the PTS PMAGs? Mine doesn't :( to thight, anyway I'm happy that they are feed and fit very good in my SR16 VFC.

I would go for DE sights MBUS or Troy ;)

Yeah they fit a little tight but they fit and feed.

looks nice trip... i'd go for FDE MBUS but i black could also look nice because of the FDE reciever.

one question, is that a Dytac barrel? if so how are they? are they worth it?

Dytec barrel rocks.

Trip : That's coming together well. May I suggest some FDE Magpul Ladder Panels to tie the aesthetic of the rail to the rest of the gun more? I think that'd balance out the colors well.

Iv got some lying around somewhere IL chuck them on

Just orderd

MICRO T-1 Red Dot Scope w/ LaR QD Mount

TD BattleGrip QD version SHORT VERSION DE

Magpul PTS Mbus Sight Set DE

EB QD Sling Swivel

IL update the pics when it all arrives

As the saying goes "Function over Form"

It certainly applies to many things other than weapons.

Nice job on the grip Wayneman.

actually--

"Form follows function - that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."

Frank Lloyd Wright

I think what he meant by spiritual union was non messed with magpul parts ;) but maybe that's just me.

Pic request: 14.5 inch barrel with DD 9 inch lite rail, MBUS front and back irons. What gas post doesn't really matter as far as it's low profile.

Phantom/Scar flash hider. Aimpoint Comp 2 or T-1 if both can be posted would be grateful.

Any upper or lower would do. Magpul MOE grip. ASAP(doesn't really matter) and CTR stock. If a STANAG magazine can be used would be great.

The colour of furniture doesn't really matter. But if it's black would be best.

Thank you. It will be great if someone can post one.

Edited by alston251