Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I just bit the bullet and bought an A&K too :(

Quick question for you though, since this is probably something they won't mind answering. Could I put my Haynes box in with minimal mods? As that is one major deciding factor and since you are there I can get a clear cut answer

The Haynes mechbox I have will not fit in my A&K Masada.

On the haynes box (at least on mine) the angle at the bottom of the mechbox (where the grip screws into the box) is a little different then the stock mechbox and it will not seat into the grip area on the A&K. It can be screwed down, but then the mechbox and air nozzle will not line up with the hop up unit.

But the different angle in that area hasn't been a problem at all, when I've put it into different M4 bodies.

Does it have a split gear box? Quick change spring/cylinder to go along with the swappable barrels?

Can't comment right now. :mellow:

I think it would be cool if it had a function that prevented it from dry firing when you're out of ammo. That's one of the things I hate most about AEGs.

Can't comment right now. :mellow:

That ACR is sounding really good uscm. Although, sadly I have almost no use for one, and I doubt it will be under my $400 spending limit for blasters.

You might be surprised just how affordable it will be.

The Haynes mechbox I have will not fit in my A&K Masada.

Vercingetorix was asking me in regards to the Magpul PTS Masada, not the A&K Masada. The PTS Masada is a completely different beast to the A&K Masada. The conspiracy theorists that keep spreading rumors that A&K stole the design from Magpul PTS, will soon find out just how wrong they were in their comments. Background information regarding A&K's Masada and PTS' ACR will be revealed soon.

Vercingetorix was asking me in regards to the Magpul PTS Masada, not the A&K Masada. The PTS Masada is a completely different beast to the A&K Masada. The conspiracy theorists that keep spreading rumors that A&K stole the design from Magpul PTS, will soon find out just how wrong they were in their comments. Background information regarding A&K's Masada and PTS' ACR will be revealed soon.

From your posts, you've made it clear that they are different, and I'm looking foward to seeing the PTS version. Also hoping for a ver. 3 mechbox in it.

I also took Vercingetorix's post as different questions. As he mentioned he just ordered the A&K version.

I'll wait untill they make a GBB Masada, which, at the rate they are going won't be availible for another 5-6 years. :P

Nope. It won't be that long.

Slaps USCM, Stop doing this to me....... Meh, no one wants a SCAR......... Do you have any idea when you can release any details... Pictures, we know you have them. ;)

I'll have to wait until they themselves start making announcements and I clear with them what I can and can't say. Some announcements may be as soon as 2 weeks from now. The rest are not too far away.

USCMcorps, the only reason you aren't getting warning points for spam is because, meh. :rolleyes:

I made one mention of it, and everything else has been people asking me questions, most of which I can't answer at this current time. I'm not spamming. It's not my fault people are asking me questions. :mellow:

* and the things I have alluded to are factual based on first hand experience and exposure to the manufacturers involved. No rumors. There is simply only so much information that is allowed to be released at this current time. But I won't be mentioning any more until the information can be sent out officially. Not much I can do about the people emailing, PM'ing and asking in an open forum. I just want people to know that the PTS product is NOT vaporware. That is all. And I think that's important, personally.

Edited by uscmCorps
I'm not spamming.

Read the thread title.

You're not posting pictures, or posting discussion based ON the pictures posted.

Anything else is off-topic and, thus, spam.

Please USCMcorps give as much info of PTS as you can.

Geez, way to encourage a guy to ignore a request from a site moderator. :rolleyes:

I have nothing against uscmCorps posting this information in the appropriate place.

At the risk of opening up yet another can of worms rather (rather than just doing the whole "robomod" thing)...

We (that is, the forum staff) have always had certain reservations about these picture threads because they tend to become cliquey little sub-communities by themselves.

We've seen people selling items in them, people bullying other members in them, people posting dodgy stuff in them and all manner of similar junk.

If uscmCorps has information about PTS products then, as a member of Arnies Airsoft, I'd hope he'd have the decency to post it in General Discussion where the vast majority of fellow members get the benefit of it, rather than just the tiny minority that treat this thread as their own little chat room.