Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very niiiiiiiiiiiiice Trip :D

My PTW with a few Magpul pieces. Had two tone guns since '06 but somehow I feel like I've fallen into a fad!

This has reeeally been bothering me, teetee, and so far nobody else has asked: Why put a backup front sight on top of a flipup front sight gas block? Sure the MBUS F is lightweight, but still...

This has reeeally been bothering me, teetee, and so far nobody else has asked: Why put a backup front sight on top of a flipup front sight gas block? Sure the MBUS F is lightweight, but still...

you may also melt the plastic MBUS on an actual gas block....

you may also melt the plastic MBUS on an actual gas block....

What Racing Maniac said. Magpul Industries reps (not PTS) said that the MBUS was never meant to be put directly on a gas block (direct impingement or piston) because the heat would melt the sight. Magpul's MBUS were meant for rail systems only. If that was a real rifle, teetee would likely put the MBUS at the very front of the RIS.

True XTM's are lower priced, and are very easy to attach to proper spec rails, I also like being able to make them into a camo pattern, even though I dont..since im an FDE junkie.

I bought true XTM's, the ones that sell for like $7.50. I can't just slide or snap them on like other railcovers. I have to line up the two halves and snap them together. Way slower then any other railcovers. Taking them off is way to slow, like if I want to take one off on the field and replace it with a torch or something. Even when using 5.56 rounds, taking them off is still akward, espeically when on the field. IDK why, but KAC railcovers feel pretty good grip wise, as opposed to the XTM ones.

Vic, i'll try stippling them, that is as soon as I get a soldering iron.

I bought true XTM's, the ones that sell for like $7.50. I can't just slide or snap them on like other railcovers. I have to line up the two halves and snap them together. Way slower then any other railcovers. Taking them off is way to slow, like if I want to take one off on the field and replace it with a torch or something. Even when using 5.56 rounds, taking them off is still akward, espeically when on the field. IDK why, but KAC railcovers feel pretty good grip wise, as opposed to the XTM ones.

Vic, i'll try stippling them, that is as soon as I get a soldering iron.

Yes, because removing the vert grip and lights and remounting them perfectly is so much easier....How on earth? Is sliding a rail cover on faster than being able to snap it on, actually it should take about the same amount of time. If it takes that long to line them up then, well thats another issue. Those things are quick as heck. And you wouldnt be removing rail covers in the middle of combat anyway,. You would do so away from the fight, such as when loose 5.56 rounds would be right next to you.

I know that talking about rail covers is a blast, but I'd like to see more photos on this page. I don't want to be a hypocrite though, so here's my contribution:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/dane...ToGermany-1.jpg

Hey elrey...what rail covers are those?

Here's a reference picture of Travis' rifle, which includes stippled XTMs.

stipple.jpg

Not sure why the stippled area is blackened. Maybe he painted them for contrast? As far as I know, stippling them does not blacken them. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

TCB, here's a guide on How-To Stipple Polymer: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&...19&t=261758

I plan on doing that here pretty soon.

-Vic

Edited by Victory

Yup. Titleist got some of his black KAC panels stipples recently. Originally he wanted to get his Taupe/Tan/FDE KAC panels done, but the guy told him not to bother as they'd dramatically change color to almost black or at least a charred dark brown. Same as what you're seeing on Haley's XTM panels.

Yup. Titleist got some of his black KAC panels stipples recently. Originally he wanted to get his Taupe/Tan/FDE KAC panels done, but the guy told him not to bother as they'd dramatically change color to almost black or at least a charred dark brown. Same as what you're seeing on Haley's XTM panels.

That's what I had thought, until I saw pictures like these:

(Reference Picture)

001-3.jpg

-Vic

Found this while looking for pictures:

M4XTMs.jpg

According to people that have done it, they will retain their color as long as you keep your contact with the material as brief as possible to get the desired effect. Leave the soldering iron on for too long, and they will blacken.

Ok, so, that solves that. Back to more rifle pictures! :D

-Vic

No one by chance has been able to source a picture of a PTS Masada yet ??

You won't see one until they're ready to formerly announce it. Everyone on their staff have signed NDA's and they're very careful about who has access to it. When I went to visit the gun was hidden in parts all over the place and had to be brought together to be assembled to show me (which didn't take long). None of the local HK distributors have even laid eyes on it. you won't see pics until right before release ... which won't be that long.

* And in the best interests of keeping this thread pertinent to the topic at hand, any questions that I can answer (which aren't much) will only be addressed in the Magpul Masada Thread in the General Discussion Forum. Sorry mods.

Edited by uscmCorps