Magpul Picture Thread

You won't see one until they're ready to formally announce it. Everyone on their staff have signed NDA's and they're very careful about who has access to it. When I went to visit the gun was hidden in parts all over the place and had to be brought together to be assembled to show me (which didn't take long). None of the local HK distributors have even laid eyes on it. you won't see pics until right before release ... which won't be that long.

* And in the best interests of keeping this thread pertinent to the topic at hand, any questions that I can answer (which aren't much) will only be addressed in the Magpul Masada Thread in the General Discussion Forum. Sorry mods.

formally=formal

formerly=former

sorry had to.

Yes heaven forbid a MAGPUL masada be discussed in the magpul thread, rant over......

Edited by reaper16
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

formally=formal

formerly=former

sorry had to.

Yes heaven forbid a MAGPUL masada be discussed in the magpul thread, rant over......

That's what happens when I type on an iPhone with spelling correction turned on.

As for discussing the Magpul Masada in the Magpul picture thread, the issue is with the fact that this is a picture thread, not a general discussion thread. As such, the moderators have stated that the only content that should be posted in this thread are pictures pertinent to the thread title, and discussions of those pictures. Anything else should be shared in the general discussion thread. So if you were to post pictures of the Magpul PTS Masada and ask about it, we could discuss it. Otherwise, the mods have spoken their wishes on the matter, and we need to respect that.

Why would magpul make a product the restricts the operation of the rifle :P. Doesn't seem very logical.

The cheek rest was never intended for use with ARs. But for AEGs it's irrelevant unless you're going for über realism. If he likes it, that's all that matters I say. ;)

Waxxer, consider using FDE front and back straps on that black MIAD? Might look pretty good too.

The cheek rest was never intended for use with ARs. But for AEGs it's irrelevant unless you're going for über realism. If he likes it, that's all that matters I say. ;)

Waxxer, consider using FDE front and back straps on that black MIAD? Might look pretty good too.

Was not intended for use with AEG @ all when it was being developed, it was in fact made for guns that DONT have a charging handle, For example... Shotgun/AK/M14 ect....

I'm not uber realistic, But I like my charging handle ;)

damn, I like to know all the little facts about rifles and like to make my replicas look real as possible.

but the fact that the riser wasnt originally designed for use with the AR15 platform...well it slipped my radar somehow. :P

I use the CTR in P3 anyways so the charging handle is fully operational, but you guys are right in that its not realistic.

as I mentioned in my previous post the basic color scheme was black, but I wanted to have some quick removable parts if Im in the mood for FDE.

so I only bought the riser to balance out the front of the rifle, namely the MOE upper.

but FDE is starting to grow on me so it looks like I need to get an FDE CTR and ditch the riser.

uscm: since its an AEG MIAD the F2 can not be removed. considered swapping the B3 to FDE, but it would not be a quick replace.

GBBRs are fun... and I love Magpul. :P

Please excuse some of the not-so-awesome pictures, I didn't have a whole lot of time and light was fading fast... I'll try to get some better ones next weekend if possible.

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

DSCN2655.jpg

DSCN2660.jpg

DSCN2666.jpg

A couple more in the Armalite thread too. :D

Preview of my rifle updates. Pictures taken by the guy whos doing internal work on my rifle, Im sure you recognize his bar table. The flash of his cam was off, so colors look bit off.

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

The rail is a SOCOM Gear licensed Daniel Defense rail in Earth color.

Things to be added:

KAC-style Suppressor instead of KX3.

Aimpoint with Tan cover

Stubby grip

6.01 tighbore

Wires will be hidden better once its done, I just asked to see it built.

Still smothered in Magpul stuff, so she should be in here to

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Did anyone else have this much trouble installing the Magpul PTS reciever? I am trying to put a G&P gearbox in mine, but the selector switch doesn't want to click into place, the fake bolt plate doesn't fit, and the dust cover that came with the reciever won't close.

I'll post some pictures up later tonight, but this damn thing really wasn't worth all the trouble.

Did anyone else have this much trouble installing the Magpul PTS reciever? I am trying to put a G&P gearbox in mine, but the selector switch doesn't want to click into place, the fake bolt plate doesn't fit, and the dust cover that came with the reciever won't close.

I'll post some pictures up later tonight, but this damn thing really wasn't worth all the trouble.

I've installed about 8 Magpul PTS Receivers ... 5 of them with G&P gearboxes. None had issues during the installation until a friend had me install a front wired Echo1 gearbox ... and that was mostly due to my hatred of front wired guns.

The issue you describe about the dust cover not closing is by design. Magpul wanted a dust cover that was 100% accurate. Most AEG dust covers have the locking device designed to be low profile and essentially squashed flat so that it still functions even though the fake bolt carrier plate covering the gearbox doesn't have much of a recess. Magpul and a few other companies prefer the bolt carrier plate to be realistic so the locking device on the dust cover is full sized and can't be closed due to the bolt carrier plate interfering with it. If you MUST have the dust cover closable, you have one of two options : remove the fake bolt carrier plate or replace the dust cover with a regular AEG dust cover.

Please post pics of the other issues you're having. We may be able to debug them.

I got a PEQ 15 for it, But I didn't want to go lipo and they're was no way a custom normal battery could power the internals.

Also, remember the lighting is really bad. The brown rail dosent even look nearly that brown in person. And the PEQ actually looks way less toylike in person, aswell. Once its 100% done Ill have better pics, I just asked for a quick pic.

Of course, alot of people hate PEQs in general, which a few of my fellow airsofters do, but I like it.

Edited by Mr Foxhound