Magpul Picture Thread

Grr RM, your weapons always puts other to shame XD.

Finally adjusted AoE for my GB today, so was able to put it back together. Got a buffer tube lipo as well, and since the WA M4 tube is almost completely hollow, it fit in without a hitch.

IMG_0427.jpg

Could even close the cap at the end XD.

IMG_0428.jpg

Bad inside pic. My DSLR hates indoor/yellow lighting :(

IMG_0429.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice rifle Azn! almost exactly when I want to go for with an m4 this summer, except with a MUR. Hell, we apparently even have the same taste in irons too, <3 troy battle sights. I actually really like the mp7 sights on it though, but I wonder how well they would work with a micro aimpoint...

RM, amazing build as always!

So, you guys think its possible to magpul a p90? lol....

Now for the serious parts of the post

A.) Is one supposed to leave the stock end plate on when installing an ASAP sling plate?

B.) Is there a guide anwhere of how to do the redi mod? Gonna have a ready mag in a few weeks.

Edited by reaper16
A.) Is one supposed to leave the stock end plate on when installing an ASAP sling plate?

B.) Is there a guide anwhere of how to do the redi mod? Gonna have a ready mag in a few weeks.

You don't have to have the stock end plate still on when installing the ASAP sling plate. I left mine on a couple of my SR15-16s because I was too lazy to grind off all the necessary material to make them work with the SR15's Receiver QD cups. For most regular AR style receivers, you don't have to modify the ASAP and you certainly don't have to use the stock end plate.

As for the Redi-mod ... find pictures of it online and just do the same cuts with a dremel.

There's some good reference pics here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...p;Number=937053

And you can see a RS user's attempt at modifying a Redi-mag into a redi-mod here:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25612

Clearly the DIY one was a bit rushed and sloppy. Mark up your redi-mag carefully beforehand with a sharpie. Cut inside the markings and then carefully remove the excess material afterwards. Also keep in mind that a redi-mag/redi-mod is made for RS mag heights ... and AEG mags are much shorter. So if you do those cut outs like on the redi-mod, you may see the tops of the AEG mag exposed. Just something to keep in mind.

You don't have to have the stock end plate still on when installing the ASAP sling plate. I left mine on a couple of my SR15-16s because I was too lazy to grind off all the necessary material to make them work with the SR15's Receiver QD cups. For most regular AR style receivers, you don't have to modify the ASAP and you certainly don't have to use the stock end plate.

As for the Redi-mod ... find pictures of it online and just do the same cuts with a dremel.

There's some good reference pics here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...p;Number=937053

And you can see a RS user's attempt at modifying a Redi-mag into a redi-mod here:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=25612

Clearly the DIY one was a bit rushed and sloppy. Mark up your redi-mag carefully beforehand with a sharpie. Cut inside the markings and then carefully remove the excess material afterwards. Also keep in mind that a redi-mag/redi-mod is made for RS mag heights ... and AEG mags are much shorter. So if you do those cut outs like on the redi-mod, you may see the tops of the AEG mag exposed. Just something to keep in mind.

I was planning on doing one identical to Haley's, and no this isnt because of the normal reasons. First he uses straight cuts and doesnt have any angles in his modified version. Also the piece that wraps around the body is untouched which I prefer, and the top is also intact afaik.

When I first started doing it, I made a small pattern. Then I found that it gives better grip if its bigger and deeper. I re did all of mine using a round tip on my iron. I noticed a big jump in gripeyness.

So you might want to make bigger indentations. Also, do the center strap for sure.