Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking gun. What didn't you like about the ACM Midcap PMAGs? I tested some and found them decent ...

I tried out a couple ACM PMAGs a friend lent me. Here are my findings ...

Fitment:

They fit perfectly in all my VFC guns. Tried them in my VFC SR16, VFC SR15s, VFC PDW, VFC SCAR-L. They were all fine. In fact, the PMAGs locked in beautifully. Absolutely rock solid.

I tried them in my G&P guns, King Arms guns, LMT MRPs ... to be used in these guns the mags would all need to be modified in the mag catch area according to what GoLgO 13 described.

Feeding:

They fed fine in my guns and had no problems keeping up with my 11.1V lipo batteries. One interesting thing I had to do, was after I inserted the mag into the mag well, I had to slap/tap the base of the mag in order to get it to feed. The slapping motion was essentially the same as what I would do with my real steel magazines when inserted into my real ARs. It didn't bother me ... it's just something I need to remember to do each time.

Finish:

Color ~ The ACM FDE (flat dark earth) is very close to RS and PTS FDE. Perhaps the ACM FDE is a touch darker and less saturated, but it really is super close. The black looks the same as the PTS Black (but that isn't that hard to do).

Texture ~ The surface finish is very similar to the PTS version ... the ACM version is minutely rougher but it's almost unnoticeable.

Seam lines aren't as clean as the PTS PMAGs. There are four circular indentations that are used as part of the molding process that neither my PTS nor my RS PMAGs have ... fortunately, they're not very apparent.

Base plate:

The base plate design is pretty much identical to RS, but so is the PTS base plate. Where the base of the mags differ is the locking methods used to lock the base plate in place. PTS Midcap PMAGs have a round button that locks the base plate in place. These ACM Midcap PMAGs have an elongated button that is the same shape as the slot that it fits into and it fits very well. One thing that drove me NUTS about the ACM MidCap PMAGs was that getting the base plate off was an absolute PITA. At first I thought they might be glued in place. I eventually got the base plates off by depressing the locking button and tapping the base plate off with a hammer. Once it was off, I was able to install a RS PMAG Ranger Plate.

Rainier Arms EMGs:

Fully compatible with EMGs.

Top Impact cover is different from RS Impact Covers. They lock on securely to the top of the mag and onto the regular baseplate. As cool as they look, I probably wouldn't use them in game as they could get in the way when the mags are put into the pouches. That said, I like them for transporting mags and keeping dirt out.

Capacity:

The ACM midcap PMAGs I tested had an odd capacity. Hand loading the mags with the old school tube and rod method I was only able to get 81-82 BBs into the mags. Using a Tokyo Marui STANAG BB loader, I was able to load 101 BBs but the last 20 rounds took quite a bit of effort to get in. It's possible the mags need some breaking in, it's also possible loading the mags past 80 rounds may destroy the mag. Personally if I were to use these mags I wouldn't load them past 80 rounds.

All in all, I was pretty impressed with these ACM Midcap PMAGs. From what I understand they cost $12 to $14 each plus shipping. I still prefer my PTS Midcap PMAGs though and after S&H the ACM ones are probably only a couple dollars cheaper (for me anyway). But they certainly weren't as horrible as I was expecting. Shame their capacity aren't as advertised (120 rounds) and the fitment in certain guns aren't great.

At least in my STAR and TM receiver they were VERY hard to get in and out or even lock in the mag catch (the midcaps, not the hicaps - those worked fine), and I had to cut/dremel off setions off the mag to get it to work fine. I haven't tested the feeding issue, but so far it was just a little frustrating.

Indeed... All hail Chris Costa  :rolleyes:

way to go with the bandwagon criticisms. Watch the first video and hell even a couple others Costa ran a regular aimpoint it was haley with the micro point....he also rn a regular aimpoint on other occasions. Haley is the bigger micro point user. Sure Costa will use it sometimes, but those carbines are close rot Haley's set up, with the dual lights redi mag etc.

way to go with the bandwagon criticisms. Watch the first video and hell even a couple others Costa ran a regular aimpoint it was haley with the micro point....he also rn a regular aimpoint on other occasions. Haley is the bigger micro point user. Sure Costa will use it sometimes, but those carbines are close rot Haley's set up, with the dual lights redi mag etc.

If I knew exactly what kind of shoe laces Michal Jordan wore, would you call me a fanboy? Anyways, reincarnation that build looks DOPE, i have been thinking of something similar, but I might just grab a Sig 552 instead.(G&G), And out of curiosity, What was your reasoning for choosing a MUR upper receiver.

If I knew exactly what kind of shoe laces Michal Jordan wore, would you call me a fanboy? Anyways, reincarnation that build looks DOPE, i have been thinking of something similar, but I might just grab a Sig 552 instead.(G&G), And out of curiosity, What was your reasoning for choosing a MUR upper receiver.

You misunderstood my post.

"way to jump on the criticism bandwagon" what the heck did you think i was saying? Read my post its clear I was supporting the guy, and saying he wasnt a costa fan boy. Jeez.

That build is so hawt. I love the look of the ladder rail covers mixed with the TD ones.

They are actually the Magpul XT rail covers, although I do like the Tango Down rail covers.

Looks AMAZING RE, Im glad you didnt buy My ca just so i could look at that.

Your CA was going to be a salvage and donated rental gun for my local site, however I believe it was best for it find a home where it would say intact and wouldn't be touch and grabbed by a different person each weekend. In other words, she didn't deserve to become a gun-######.

My M7N4 was long time in the making; there was a lot of procrastinating and excuses to not finish the build but I am now at this point. I have a feeling there will be more procrastinating before it is completely finish. I since want to grab a torch for the right side.

Anyways, reincarnation that build looks DOPE, i have been thinking of something similar, but I might just grab a Sig 552 instead.(G&G), And out of curiosity, What was your reasoning for choosing a MUR upper receiver.

2 reasons really. First was that the RS Troy M7A1 upgrade originally came with a MUR upper, however now it comes with the original Ar15 styled upper. I dig it with the MUR more than the current offer. Secondly was because the metal body kit came with it :D why change a good thing.

I just realize how much my replica's designation sounds like a influenza virus subtype designation. I guess with all the Noveske trades; this is my "Swine Flu", my "Pig's Fire".