Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey somegirls how's the Dytac M4-2000 suppressor? does it stay on tight or is there some wobble?

Well, with the flashhider it came with, it sits perfectly.Because of the locking mechanism it doesn't even unscrew itself during shooting (a GBB rifle). And sounds amazing when you screw it on.

Right know I have what I believe is a D'boys flashhider because my new barrel has a CCW thread while my old barrel (and original Dytac FH) was CW.

But the surpressor looks great, the finish is great and it fits on a Dytac FH rock solid. So 9/10 because $60 is pretty pricy.

Dose anyone have any idea about that BAD lever Magpul had in the works? Im in the process of a new build and Im pretty much set on what i need. But any suggestions would be sweet. two options but both will be running MBUS sights and a REDI mag system.

buildmicrofde.jpg w640.png

buildm2fde.jpg w640.png

Edited by fiddlesticks4220
Dose anyone have any idea about that BAD lever Magpul had in the works? Im in the process of a new build and Im pretty much set on what i need. But any suggestions would be sweet. two options but both will be running MBUS sights and a REDI mag system.

I bought a Battery Assist Device from phase5tactical.com (they call it an EBR (Extended Bolt Release)) which is almost the same as the Magpul one in terms of function.

After buying their Version 1 EBR, I swapped out the philips head screws they included with hex head screws which look much better in my opinion and are less likely to strip. Here it is on my AEG VFC SR16 E3 IWS (and it's functional too!):

sr16e3iwsebrv101small.jpg

sr16e3iwsebrv102small.jpg

sr16e3iwsebrv103.jpg

In order to get the EBR to work with G&P AR GBBs, you need to file off some of the material at the back of the ping pong on the G&P bolt release, thus making the ping pong a little thinner. This is because the G&P Ping Pong is thicker than on a real AR, so when the EBR is bolted onto it, the EBR's rear plate adds too much thickness thus making it impossible to be fully depressed and release the bolt. I didn't have to make any modifications to work with the VFC AEG though.

The version 2 EBR does not work with any airsoft guns as it is a one piece design that has an AR bolt release welded to it which is non-compatible with any airsoft guns currently manufactured (to the best of my knowledge).

Regarding the two potential ARs your thinking of building, I'd go with the Micro over the M2/M3. Just lighter weight, small and nicer IMHO.

I don't see why it'd be a problem. What would concern me is how sensitive the Systema PTW bolt release system is. It'd suck if you accidently tripped the release by unknowingly pushing it with your trigger finger via the EBR. Using the EBR essentially increases the surface area of the bolt release several times over as the entire thing is bolted together.

Info from Phase5Tactical:

EBRv1 (bolt on) ($46.00) shipped in the USA or + $2.00 international first class.

EBRv2 (one Piece) direct replacment. ($56.00 Shipped)in the USA or + $2.00 international first class.

The EBRv2 works with the Redi-Mag.

It allows you to control the bolt, Locking it open and releasing it with your trigger finger.

You'll want the EBRv1.

I went with the RediMod in the link above to shave a bit of weight (but my rifle is quite a pig anyway)

If your not already weighed down with alot of other stuff you would probably be served just as well with the regular RediMag (But I would suggest if you get a used one to be sure that it is a V.2)

No problem, fiddle. Just call me "Corps", it's easier that way. ;)

Quick question for those with Magpul PTS Pmags, do you notice your pmag not feeding fully? All my pmags hold like 3-4 extra bbs; just wondering if it is the norm.

That's normal. I find a couple BBs fall out of the magwell when I pull the mag out, and usually 1 or 2 BBs are still in the mag leftover. Just make sure you empty your mags after any game (like you should be doing with all mags) and that'll extend the life of your mag springs considerably. I care less about the 3-4 BBs I waste at the end of each mag than the fact that they feed well and hold an excellent capacity of BBs.