Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But technically isnt it the same as the Bushmaster?

Remington and bushmaster are owned by the same company, so is it different in any way?

yes, they way im reading it is that cerberus( the parent company) may be trying to use Remington for Mil contracts, and bushy for civis, this would include the ACR.

O.K. I can't get a camera for some time now so I guess Ill show yall some cell phone pics, hope u like don't hesitate to post any of your criticism. ;)

securedownload1b.th.jpg

securedownloadl.th.jpg

securedownload2l.th.jpg

securedownload3v.th.jpg

securedownload43.th.jpg

securedownload4g.th.jpg

securedownload5v.th.jpg

securedownload6m.th.jpg

securedownload8k.th.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=securedownload1b.jpg

http://yfrog.com/0lsecuredownload1bjx

Edited by fiddlesticks4220
Pics of the MOE rifles!

Due to popular request, here's what the loaner rifles look like:

uscmcorpsmoe2.jpg

Common parts on both guns:

* RS Magpul MOE Stock, Black

* RS Magpul MOE Handguard, Black

* RS Magpul Rear MBUS, Black

* Magpul PTS MOE Pistol Grip, Black

* Magpul PTS PMAG with RS Magpul Ranger Plate and RainierArms EMGs, Black

Unique parts on either gun:

Gun on the left has a DYTac SCAR Flashhider (CCW)

Gun on the right has a DYTac Surefire Replica FH556 Flashhider (CCW)

Both are JG guns and are shooting around 380-400 fps

I have two more like these. When my friends need to borrow guns, I like to know that at the very least they'll roll in style. ;)

Edit: Added a brighter pic.

Edited by uscmCorps

Very nice gun in the Vid, but nowhere close to the fastest reloads I've seen. Youtube has a plethora of Reload vids from ispc and tac guys.

That said, lemme try and figure out this thing with the ACR:

Magpul designed the original masada and sold the patent/idea to bushmaster for large scale production

which bushmaster (or Bushamster, lol) produces as the (marginally modified) ACR

where does Remington come into this?

Very nice gun in the Vid, but nowhere close to the fastest reloads I've seen. Youtube has a plethora of Reload vids from ispc and tac guys.

I doubt Jar does ispc with his rifle; no need to compare him to Travis Tomasie.

Magpul designed the original masada and sold the patent/idea to bushmaster for large scale production

where does Remington come into this?

Answered here about a page back.

Heres mine, Ok i know its not built but i just wanted to see what it looks like so took a few pics.

BUILD.jpg

BUILD2.jpg

Got some major problems which will need some major modification though :(

1. DD Lite Rail, Barrel nut doesnt fit the G&P LMT body :headbutt:

2. Dytac barrel is to big for the DD Lite rail :headbutt:

3. Gas tube hole on the DD Lite doesnt line up with the G&P body. :headbutt:

4. My dremel has decided to die and nearly gave me an electric shock. :shocked:

Apart from that, all good :D

What you think?

i dont believe magpul sold the rights to Bushmaster/ remington , i believe they just teamed up or enters a contract with them, hence their are certain thing bushy needs to do, then i believe magpul hinted on another forum that if bushy doesnt conply with the said contract they( magpul) could go to a different company to make/distribute the masada/acr.

yes, from what i understand Bushmaster with produce the more known civi version, and remington it going to produce the Mil version.

where does Remington come into this? Bushmaster and remington are owned by the same company(Cerberus).

hope this helps.

Edit: oops didnt see your post there Reincarnation

Edited by kodiak22
Got some major problems which will need some major modification though :(

Apart from that, all good :D

What you think?

that looks fantastic man!

What do you mean by the "dytac barrel is too big"?

i also got a Dytac 12in barrel to be used with my DD LITE 9in Rail.

if it doesn't fit, then im gonna be ######! :angry:

that looks fantastic man!

What do you mean by the "dytac barrel is too big"?

i also got a Dytac 12in barrel to be used with my DD LITE 9in Rail.

if it doesn't fit, then im gonna be ######! :angry:

Thanks,

Yea the dytac barrel, If you look at my pic where the DD rail is supposed to meet with the upper receiver, the barrel is to "fat" at that end for the inside of the DD rail to slide over it. It wont go any further than the pic shows. I'm going to have to bore out the inners of the DD rail, but no dremel at the moment :(

Got the drill on charge though :D

Looking good so far. Yesterday I had to install a DD Lite Rail onto a G&P upper for the second time. From my personal experience, The hardest obstacle you have ahead of you is getting the barrel nut on there. I highly recommend getting the correct thread die and a rubber strap wrench. I used this barrel nut die (1.250"-18 tpi Die, Part #080-598-126) and this strap wrench. The first 50% of the threads you can probably cut by turning the die by hand. THe last 50% will probably require the rubber strap wrench as it's a bit too tough. Just remember, you want to use some kind of cutting fluid to aid the cutting. You could probably use any lubricant you have on hand. You should be backing the die out frequently. In the first few threads, you can probably get a full turn done before backing it out. Eventually you'll have to back it out after every 15 degrees of cutting. Also, because the G&P upper is cast metal, it's not as strong as one CNC'ed from billet aluminum so just be careful how much you torque the receiver as you cut the threads. Because if you're not careful, you could snap the upper receiver. One of my friends did that with their G&P upper. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

It's strange that your gas tube holes between your DD Lite Rail and your G&P upper doesn't line up. I've installed a number of RS DD lite rails on G&P uppers now, and never had that issue. :huh:

Thanks for the info mate, problem being is getting those items in the UK. I'm a bit grrrr with having to spend $80-100 just to get the damn barrel nut on with no garuntee i wont wreck it in the process. Whats the deal with the madbull threaders, same thing? any good?

Not sure what i will do at the moment, I like the magpul receiver but i believe thats made by G&P as well?? anyone know what receivers work with these DD clone rails?

quite annoying as its been 2 months collecting the parts and i'm over my intended budget and still its just a pile of parts lol :(

Yeah the gas tube hole is way off on mine, its pretty much on an angle which forces the gas tube into a wierd unusable position. Least of my worries though as i can just clean up the holes and it will be fine.

And whilst i'm complaining about stuff the finish on the magpul CTR is terrible, WTF is with the blotchiness when its supposed to be a straight OD finish, i've seen others like this as well with strange marks in the same place, looks like its damaged and not supposed to be like that. Its the only magpul peice i'm not impressed with, all the other stuff is nice.

Looking good so far. Yesterday I had to install a DD Lite Rail onto a G&P upper for the second time. From my personal experience, The hardest obstacle you have ahead of you is getting the barrel nut on there. I highly recommend getting the correct thread die and a rubber strap wrench. I used this barrel nut die (1.250"-18 tpi Die, Part #080-598-126) and this strap wrench. The first 50% of the threads you can probably cut by turning the die by hand. THe last 50% will probably require the rubber strap wrench as it's a bit too tough. Just remember, you want to use some kind of cutting fluid to aid the cutting. You could probably use any lubricant you have on hand. You should be backing the die out frequently. In the first few threads, you can probably get a full turn done before backing it out. Eventually you'll have to back it out after every 15 degrees of cutting. Also, because the G&P upper is cast metal, it's not as strong as one CNC'ed from billet aluminum so just be careful how much you torque the receiver as you cut the threads. Because if you're not careful, you could snap the upper receiver. One of my friends did that with their G&P upper. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

It's strange that your gas tube holes between your DD Lite Rail and your G&P upper doesn't line up. I've installed a number of RS DD lite rails on G&P uppers now, and never had that issue. :huh: