Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Magpul stuff ever used in the military? (mostly wondering about stocks and grips)

I was actually wondering the same thing, i've only seen maybe one or 2 photos of actual soilders using magpul stuff, and they seem to be special forces.

USCM makes it a big point that Magpul supplies the US military with stocks, but I really haven't seen your average soldier with one, and i haven't seen many sf photos with them either, of course that doesn't mean they are not in use, it just means that we haven't seen many photos with magpul in the military.

It seems like magpul markets more to the civilians/le than the military.

Edited by Mega12

Thats what I was thinking; they don't want the soldiers messing with the guns internally, and since the swaping of a pistol grip involves revoving the selector detent (or real AR's), I can see how new grips arn't allowed.

Anyway thanks for the responses; I don't want to pull this thread off-topic so anyone with futher info please PM me.

Thanks

Edited by -=OGGY=-

A good friend of mine is in the US military. Yes he uses a CTR and a maid and a TD VFG, His brother uses the magpul m93 stock and im not sure what else. But their is always going to be variation's between rifle's. It is really only a matter of asking your CO if it is OK, But in the eyes of the law and rules/reg............I am not sure if it is allowed.

*snip*

This is one of the only photos i've seen with a soldier (don't think he is SF, but i'm no expert) using magpul stuff in iraq, but it looks more like a promotional photo than a real one hehe

Agreed. The composition, focus area, and the fact that the soldiers rifle is pristine support your theory. Still a great pic. :P

In response to Mega's post: Although almost 100% of Magpuls sales are to civilians, it seems (in my eyes) that they want nothing more than a military contract. Judging by the fact they design all of they products to fix a problem or fulfil a role that is mostly present in military senarios. They even name their products things like 'MIssion ADaptable'. Also please note that I don't mean Magpul products don't work for cilvilians (they do), I am just saying that they seem to be geared more towards the military.

In response to Mega's post: Although almost 100% of Magpuls sales are to civilians, it seems (in my eyes) that they want nothing more than a military contract. Judging by the fact they design all of they products to fix a problem or fulfil a role that is mostly present in military senarios. They even name their products things like 'MIssion ADaptable'. Also please note that I don't mean Magpul products don't work for cilvilians (they do), I am just saying that they seem to be geared more towards the military.

On AR15.com when the ban scare was around either Drake or Rich said that a ban was not threatening to their business due to the fact that most of their sales went to the military.

If that is true, why aren't we seeing more pictures of Magpul stuff in the field? What I said above was based purley on observation; since I hadn't seen many pictures or Magpul stuff being used by soldiers (besides the original Magpuls), I assumed the bulk of their sales was to cilvilans.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter; I wanted to know if Magpul stuff was used, I got my answer and saw some pics, I don't want to drag this topic any more off-topic than I already have. As I said, if you have anymore info/pics please PM me so we don't clog up the thread.

My VFC 416 (externally anyway) with magpul furniture and My Almost completed magpul, I'm getting a micro aimpoint with hi-mount and magpul flip up sights for it, should i get DE or Black flip ups? oh and any flash hider suggestions with link greatly appreciated,

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

thanks to RWS591 for helping me get the UBR

Edited by trip
My VFC 416 (externally anyway) with magpul furniture and My Almost completed magpul, I'm getting a micro aimpoint with hi-mount and magpul flip up sights for it, should i get DE or Black flip ups? oh and any flash hider suggestions with link greatly appreciated,

Looks really nice! I'd rather have a MIAD/MOE, but that's just me. And I think it'd look sexy if you did a larue irondot-ish optic setup like USCM did. For the MBUS, I think you should go with DE. For the flashhider, I personally like AAC flashhiders. Or the PWS styles:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/0228-plug-flash-hider-p-2161.html (I hope the real color isn't like that...)

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=25922

So after borrowing a magazine from Haley I noticed that he had stippled them for better purchase... Seemed to help so I decided to do the same....

Mag.jpg

I then did the same to my ladder rail covers...

LadderRails.jpg

Going to let everything cool down so I can change out the tip and try a few different things before I practice on an extra grip I have before I knock out my MIAD's

Can you explain what "stippled" means?

It means making textures with a sodering iron.

Check out the 2011 thread, there are tons of examples of stippling. I personally find stippling looking creepy, because it reminds me of seared human flesh...

Edited by Pedro30

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/tr.../Picture020.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/tr.../Picture022.jpg

Heh, your VFC HK416 can take the PTS PMAGs? Mine doesn't :( to thight, anyway I'm happy that they are feed and fit very good in my SR16 VFC.

I would go for DE sights MBUS or Troy ;)