Magpul Picture Thread

Yesterday I tried a friend's MOE on my JG CQB and the MOE does not fit on the front hand gaurd retainer, anyone has same problem, and idea what parts should I orer and from whom ?

I'm sorry to say this but you may be SOL. I've noticed on a lot of the cheaper clone guns that they don't have the front end made to the correct length (too short). Typically, the problem is that the delta ring and the front cap is simply too close together. This is because they've miscalculated how long that part of the barrel should be. As a result, the MOE handguard won't fit. I've seen this on three JG guns I've worked on. Not all the JG guns had this problem though (their JG CQBR seemed okay).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my thing... These guys have more live rounds downrange then alot of airsofters have BB's

They have used that experience to set up their weapons to suit their needs and to fit them best... Personally I find people trying to replicate every last detail as humorous as the guys who dissect every last part of a picture to set up their gear without understanding why things are the way they are

Why is everyone so fixated on the "2 is 1 and 1 is none" quote?

Do we as airsofters really need 2 lights?

Having 2 lights is goofy as titlest said, especially in airsoft.

Which is why I usually don't have a light at all on my carbine, and only attach 1 when do CQB (rarely). The quote is just a justification for the two lights, and really the only reason why some people have 2 lights.

True on what Wayne said, I'm somewhat guilty of it. However, though I understand why certain components of rifles are the way they are, the FDE coloring of my M4 is purely aesthetic. However, a lot of airsoft is still about looks, including IMO the need for 2 lights, lasers, replica Pmags, different flashhiders, gas blocks, and replica suppressors.

Edited by Whan

To follow on from my previous post.. if any one grows a "kevlar beard" I will personally hunt them down :lol:

Dont get me wrong I am a real gun geek and find some of their weapons drool worthy and understand the exact reasoning behind the way they set them up but it just appears people had the DVDs muted when they did the whole section of tailoring a weapon to yourself.

My friend Piet, who took the class with us, asked Chris on Day 3 how he felt about the people copying their exact guns and gear and the professions of man love, and Chris made a gagging motion and shuddered.

Yep, that sums it up.

I'm not opposed to people copying their guns, just own that you're copying it and are treating it as a replica of THAT gun. But when it's used as a defense of "well costa set it up like this so it MUST be fine" then that's where I think Wayne, Myself, and others start to feel nauseous. Travis likes for students to run their stocks out so that they have 2-3 fingers width/length between nose and charging handle. I have long arms and couldn't do that, Travis came over, asked me why I couldn't, I held my arms up in the air and Travis said "yep, use it like you were using!"

What I mean to say is you can use that for a starting off point, these setups, but move stuff around for your body mechanics. Earlier this week I got my KAC URX SBR all finished (I can't post pics or Mod's would get mad, but it's EPIC awesome) and I had an LT-606 offset mount installed with my E2D LED. It looks ugly as *suitcase*, but works perfectly. I had a lot of people telling me it looked like *suitcase* and I caved. I set it back last night and realized I'd rather forgo how it LOOKS for how it works.

I'm in no way bashing USCM either, in fact he and I talk a lot about my setups, and whatnot, and he gets enjoyment out of making those replicas. He's also going to be getting in to real carbines soon enough (I badgered him in to taking Dynamic Carbine 1 in January), and I wouldn't be surprised if he hits the "wall" like I did. Meaning once you have to carry around a rifle for 8 hours straight, deal with recoil, and the responsibility of a real rifle you re-assess what you think is cool vs what you know what works for you as an individual.

Just something to keep in mind. Rant over.

Edited by Titleist
Here is my thing... These guys have more live rounds downrange then alot of airsofters have BB's

They have used that experience to set up their weapons to suit their needs and to fit them best... Personally I find people trying to replicate every last detail as humorous as the guys who dissect every last part of a picture to set up their gear without understanding why things are the way they are

i too find this humorous, and i too have more live rounds down range than most airsofters have bbs. But, whatever makes ya happy, you know, some people need to imitate other people before they learn what they really like themselves, others are just sheep.

I only find it irritating when people spout things like a matra, as if one guy's knowledge is the be all and end all of advice.

Tactics, gear, etc are all about trial and error and personal preference. There is no right or wrong way.

I might make my own DVD and see if people start copying me :P

(I already inspired a team to use my "BRADpat" as their camouflage, lol)

EDIT: read the posts after the one i quoted, seen some people thinking in a similar vein to me. Never mind.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
Obviously this preposition is being stated precisely backwards sir!

I know, my grammar wrong was.

Dark, that's the funny thing, because Chris and Travis were pretty clear that they don't teach THE way, they teach A way. As such they were also really interested to pick up tips and tricks from students as well.

That's good, they sound like decent instructors if they are willing to make it a 2 way process (i like teaching my grunts that way too, you never know when the youngest rifleman is going to have the best idea)

What kind of history do they have, SF?

I have a sudden interest in Magpul gear as i just got a KA M7A1 and some PMAGS,(and 10th anniversary skull patch :) ) might have to give the DVDs a watch.

Darkchild

Did you happen to catch the post just above your?

No I didn't catch it LOL. I was writing and had to go outside and then posted and went back outside, Figures :huh: But seriously STOP bashing the double stack light mount!!!! I have wanted one since I ever went on Larue's web site. Anyway, what Corps said, I E N V the person who has plain fun with airsoft (Weather they even use an m4 or a light for that matter)

yeah, pics would be nice.

Actually many of the guns posted are closer to Haleys than to Costas guns. Costa is just more popular because he used to look like Gordon Freeman.

So, for people who haven't seen the DVDs:

Tactial M4s with tan grips etc. = Magpul = C. Costa.

And for the real Magpul nerds:

If you saw Milspec monkeys movies from the 2009 shot show, you saw Chris Costa with a 16"-I-dunno-Larue-maybe carine that later on, Travis Haley shot in the Magpul part 2 DVDs.

Im completely with titelist on this one. Thats why I keep changing the parts on my magpul project, which unfortuantely wont be done until Xmas now.

Also i envy you titelist, and wayne, and USCM, i wont be able to partake in such "fun" until after i graduate college/law school....but least i'll have the funds then.

If Magpul is owned by Travis did he invented magpuls? Like the first rubber type.

And imagine how much he earns a month being the CEO of magpul.

I was just watching FutureWeapons and saw Costa on the Masada episode, and there was another guy. Fitzpatrick. Haley wasn't even mentioned. They had the big player out, and no Haley. Maybe he just climbed his way up there

I was just watching FutureWeapons and saw Costa on the Masada episode, and there was another guy. Fitzpatrick. Haley wasn't even mentioned. They had the big player out, and no Haley. Maybe he just climbed his way up there

Iirc, at the time of the taping Richard Fitzpatrick was CEO of Magpul Industries Corps. Travis Haley is now CEO of Magpul Industries Corps, before he was President of Magpul Dynamics LLC. Richard is now back in Research and Development. Chris is now President of Magpul Dynamics LLC. I could be incorrect in my statements of facts I came by a few months prior.

But anyways, back to Magpul and airsoft.

@jar|-|ead, working peq15 correct? Also replica micro, holding the zero steady?

I'm sorry to say this but you may be SOL. I've noticed on a lot of the cheaper clone guns that they don't have the front end made to the correct length (too short). Typically, the problem is that the delta ring and the front cap is simply too close together. This is because they've miscalculated how long that part of the barrel should be. As a result, the MOE handguard won't fit. I've seen this on three JG guns I've worked on. Not all the JG guns had this problem though (their JG CQBR seemed okay).

When I tried it on, it seemed not short but as if the front cap diameter is wider, so MOE will not slide down!