Magpul Picture Thread

Thanks for the info mate, problem being is getting those items in the UK. I'm a bit grrrr with having to spend $80-100 just to get the damn barrel nut on with no garuntee i wont wreck it in the process. Whats the deal with the madbull threaders, same thing? any good?

Not sure what i will do at the moment, I like the magpul receiver but i believe thats made by G&P as well?? anyone know what receivers work with these DD clone rails?

quite annoying as its been 2 months collecting the parts and i'm over my intended budget and still its just a pile of parts lol :(

Yeah the gas tube hole is way off on mine, its pretty much on an angle which forces the gas tube into a wierd unusable position. Least of my worries though as i can just clean up the holes and it will be fine.

And whilst i'm complaining about stuff the finish on the magpul CTR is terrible, WTF is with the blotchiness when its supposed to be a straight OD finish, i've seen others like this as well with strange marks in the same place, looks like its damaged and not supposed to be like that. Its the only magpul peice i'm not impressed with, all the other stuff is nice.

The CTR issue isn't exclusive to the PTS versions. I've seen that happen in some RS Magpul products. It's not common, but it's not rare either. It's due to the occasional occurrence of the dyes/pigments not completely saturating the polymer cast part. Being that the dyes aren't the structural part of the polymer mix, the blotchiness, while not considered ideal doesn't affect the functionality of the piece.

As for AEG (non-PTW) receivers that are compatible with DD, and other RS Spec barrel nuts, I'm not aware of any that fit that bill. The Madbull re-threader you speak of should correct that problem.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few pics of my M7A1, Its basically bog standard other than a spring upgrade and hopup rubber, also replaced the usual sound hog with this thingy i found. i think it looks a lot better. :)

3477850630_b73f6138a3.jpg

3477853978_2d17262a00.jpg

3477855526_c977dc806c.jpg

And then theres my baby. :)

3405298298_0da23c9e48.jpg

Edited by beretta
Can you tell me how you got this?

I'd love to put a magpul stock on my 870.

Not sure which part of the shotgun your question is for?

The Adapter I used for the stock was this one: http://www.armstechllc.com/all%20products.htm

It's inexpensive, and nicely built.

Heres an updated shot with the cutdown barrel, and Hogue foregrip.

P1010263.jpg

And some more Magpul-ized goodness..

KSCG17-2.jpg

(Not mine. Built for a member)

Edited by junior
The CTR issue isn't exclusive to the PTS versions. I've seen that happen in some RS Magpul products. It's not common, but it's not rare either. It's due to the occasional occurrence of the dyes/pigments not completely saturating the polymer cast part. Being that the dyes aren't the structural part of the polymer mix, the blotchiness, while not considered ideal doesn't affect the functionality of the piece.

As for AEG (non-PTW) receivers that are compatible with DD, and other RS Spec barrel nuts, I'm not aware of any that fit that bill. The Madbull re-threader you speak of should correct that problem.

Yea it doesn't affect function, Still I would have liked it to be a straight OD, I guess i can flash over it with Krylon/other OD paint if need be.

Since you know your magpul, riddle me this :D : on the RS magpul miad the grip pattern is made up of tiny magpul logo's i believe, yet the PTS version unfortunately isn't. I would have thought they would carry over that detail to the PTS, any idea why not? Still, the magpul products are great, no big complaints over all.

I really like the look of your rifles, you've got some very cool setups, they look awesome mate.

The DD lite is coming on pretty good, i've done away with the barrel nut altogether and have modified the receiver.

Had to bore out about 4mm from the inside of the rail to get the dytac barrel through. I've used a bolt through the gas tube hole to the receiver to lock it in place. Also utilising the aimpoint mount to secure the the rail/receiver even more. The barrel has very minor wobble (1mm) but this will be modded with a o-ring (maybe rubber) and it should be good to go. The rail is solid and there is no gap between receiver and rail so its worked pretty well.

I would say it will hold up to skirmishing abuse but thats not my intention anyway as it's purely for target practice.

quick pic, not a very good one sorry but gives an idea. Its about 65% done, still needs work/parts but i'm enjoying the build :)

M4BUILD.jpg

Edited by Tek-Spec

MY M4, with Magpull Stock:

DSC00446.jpg

and with silencer (might permanently fix and run long inner barrel right through?)

DSC00436.jpg

"What's in the box:"

Upper receiver = STAR

Lower receiver = Classic Army

Stock = Magpull CTR (PTS?) Carbine Stock, with rubber butt pad.

King Arms 16” Sniper Conversion Free Float

King Arms Sniper Grip

King Arms Trigger Guard

Systema Magnum Gearbox with mosfet.

Systema magnum motor with ics pinion gear.

Prometheus tbb 6.03 363mm

Hop chamber = systema metal new version.

Hop packing = systema new version.

Scope = UTG Leapers range estimating.

Also have a KA Green/Red dot with cantilever mount.

Also have a G&P ACOG.

Silencer = Laylax sniper over-barrel silencer. ( i doubt many of you have this :))

G&P Mag

Hello, this is my new gun. It started out as a defender but not looks more like this.

3481264076_d759af406a.jpg

3481263602_a16696acac.jpg

3481264520_14eb8f2770.jpg

3481265386_557766ea67.jpg

Externals:

G&P Defender base

Real deal Magpul Moe (OD)

G&P Stock tube

G&P Sling adapter

Magpul body

Magpul grip (OD)

Magpul replica flip ups

G&P Eotech replica

Magpul XTM rails (Black and FG)

Real deal Tango Down grip

G&P Daniel Defense rail

G&P Rail panels

Madbull Gemtech Halo supressor

Internals:

Dees Custom barrel

Promethius Neo strike chamber

Promethius soft rubber

G&P gearbox

Systema high speed gears (possibly)

G&P M120 motor

PDI 170% Spring

Deep Fire Titanium Piston V.2

Stuff for future:

OD rail panels

New foregrip

Possibly new optics setup

OMG so many beautiful pics, I might just burst to cry :D

I need an info, what is the largest battery that can bi stored in the Magpul PTS MOE Handguard?

Tnx!

A 9.6 1400mah mini if you use standard batteries

SDC10223.jpg

Since you know your magpul, riddle me this biggrin.gif : on the RS magpul miad the grip pattern is made up of tiny magpul logo's i believe, yet the PTS version unfortunately isn't. I would have thought they would carry over that detail to the PTS, any idea why not?

Unless they just started doing that I believe you might be mistaken... I have two MIAD's at home, neither of which are like you describe

Unless they just started doing that I believe you might be mistaken... I have two MIAD's at home, neither of which are like you describe

I thought i might have been dreaming but i found the pics.

miads.jpg

Notice the hundreds of magpul logo's?

Edited by Tek-Spec