Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a photo of my old AR...notice how the opening is rather large. It's designed to fit over a standard A2 flash hider. The small marking is a stamp that reads "REA"; refers to "Re-bar Entry Attachment". It's made by LM&T.

cutter02.jpg

Do you mind if you can tell me what that part is you have mounted on the bottom of the RIS handguard?

Found a photo of my old AR...notice how the opening is rather large. It's designed to fit over a standard A2 flash hider. The small marking is a stamp that reads "REA"; refers to "Re-bar Entry Attachment". It's made by LM&T.

Thanks, yeah I found a very informative .pdf file by LMT which explains how the REA attaches and is used. Up until then, I just thought it was a cool looking flash hider. :P

I read a little about it, it's actually used to "cut" rebar rods. Honestly though, do they just hold the rod up to the gun and SHOOT it?

XD

According to LMT, they just stick the cutter around the rebar and shoot it. The design of the tool prevents fragments from flying backwards at the shooter.

No, the mount is a little different on that one.

It's designed for clearing away steel rebar reinforcements left behind by destroyed concrete. Apparently, when you use explosives to blow a whole in reinforced concrete, the rebar won't be destroyed unless excessive explosives are used. That's where this comes in.

Do you mind if you can tell me what that part is you have mounted on the bottom of the RIS handguard?

It's a Duane Dieter grip. I really like it because it shaped so it can be used as a hand stop or vertical grip (on a side note Gear Sector released a set of nice hand stops...I personally like them better than Magpul's). It's also machined out of one piece aluminum so it is stronger than polymer hand stops or grips.

i like the foresight what make is that?

It is made by LM&T.

DSCF0009.jpg

The rebar attachment is quite useless in airsoft. However, it is a VERY effective strike. It's best used with the CQD grip when you need non-lethal force. I've never used it to actually cut rebar and can be easily removed with a twist (I actually don't use it that often so you can see it's fairly clean). I'm sorry to take this off-topic - feel free to message me with any questions. I actually do use a MIAD and a BAD on the lower.

Edited by BaBaBooey
I don't know how entirely useful that would be...?

Wouldn't be useful at all for airsoft. Keep in mind that this is a replica of a real attachment for real weapons for use in real wars. Wars where they might have to blow through walls and cut through the rebar left behind, perhaps.

It really isn't, it's just to look tacticool...

I'm pretty sure the real guys don't care as much about being tacticool as they do with being effective...