Airsoft Perks Project

Rhyn0

nooblet, that will take the fun out for people who don;t play/do as much. Maybe we can work up some kind of tier system to lower the number for guys who get a lot,for example if you have Pack rat and Mule , you could put in your sig only the upgraded perk.. let's say : Pack mule? :P well, it should have a proper name, not a combo of the others names but nothing better comes to mind right now and it sort of.. fits :D

And yeah, you've been playing too long, thats by far the most perks i've seen a guy rack up... thats 43 if i counted right. oh and you forgot to put Hunted, you just put the description.

I just noticed Horsem4n edited his post with an icon.. guess it was after i posted mine.

I like the colours and design, but i find the image a bit vague in relation to Chameleon perk. In my head i had it pictured more like a bush with eyes or a rifle sticking out or something along those lines.. or a bush with a vague outline( broken line, very faint) of a silouhette inside/superimposed.

On other news, if i'm not too tired, i'll search through the old fallout icons for some that match some of our perks, for the main list. I'll notify of updates.

Later edit: It seems editing is time-limited here, so i can;t update the initial post. This is bad news as i can;t update with more perks/changes/images.

For now, i'll post here what i've found that fits( this is for the main list, not signature!)

Minigun wannabe:

WEAPONHAND.gif Engineering and demolitions ->TRAPS.gif Son of Rambo-> SURVIVAL.gif Stealthy-->[GHOST.gif Animal attraction-->SNAKEEAT.gif Ninja-->SILENTD.gif Weaponsmith-->REPAIR.gif Pyromaniac-->PYRO.gif Speedy Gonzales-->PATHFNDR.gif Celebrity--->MAGNETICPERS.gif

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banzai!!-->KAMIKAZE.gif Jinxed-->JINXED.gif Treasure hunter-->FORTUNFD.gif lara croft wannabe-->FASTSHOT.gif Combat medic-->DOCTOR.gif Mule-->CARRYAMT.gif Deadly-->BETRCRIT.gif Eagle eyes-->AWARENES.gif

That's all that fits, from what i searched real quick. Some can be adapted, but i lack the talent/skills. Enough for today, gnite arnies!

the case with the icons is originality and them being cool (as well as funny) instead of being ripped from something else or too comical because originality would mean more wide spread respect because its something completely new. with them looking cool and funny rather than just hand drawn or comical it will reach a larger audience because some people just don't respect poor quality (and we loose support for those looking for cool icons).

the case with the fallout icons is that they arent original or new and some people look for that in a community. the case with badgers drawings is that they are just not cool, they are funny though but some people care more about having something cool rather than something eclectic and comical. and just think of it, alot of the perks are just not funny anyway.

the description of the Chameleon perk was for someone to be stepped on or bumped into because he is good at camo, not that he is just good at camo. hence the boot print.

rollover names aren't possible in the forum because it takes more than dashboard code to make the icons work like that. at most, the icons can link to the page. i can easily make large and small versions of icons as it is a simple size change. the real size of the chameleon icon is about 3 inches tall.

you have a few valid points there mate.. but since this is a community project, we're gonna need a few more oppinions before we move on with setting something down.

So guys, let's hear some input:

-funny schetchy images?

-cool "designer" images?

-fallout ripped-off images?

so, no matter how big they are, you can only put 10 pics in your sig?

you have a few valid points there mate.. but since this is a community project, we're gonna need a few more oppinions before we move on with setting something down.

So guys, let's hear some input:

-funny schetchy images?

-cool "designer" images?

-fallout ripped-off images?

yeah, i was looking for opinions. im just enthusiastic about this project and would like it to appease to as many people as possible.

oh, and Fallenguard, since you;re the first person ever to claim the "last man standing" perk, you just have to tell us all about it :D

Nothing really exciting to this, so the main firefight is going on a bit farther away, and my small team advances on a secondary objective (Small Building) trough very dense bush, and suddenly everybody gets wiped out in less than a minute by fire from some unseen attackers. Only I am still "alive", because I threw myself to the ground.

Since we had a respawn, I decided to lie still for a good time to remain undetected if the enemy patrols by (they eventually did, never noticed me), then advanced very very slowly onto the building, often waiting and watching trough the scope. I though, that if my team tries to attack again from another angle, I will be able to surprise the enemy.

Little did I know that the team leaders (only they have radio) called each other to have a break for lunch, so my team did not return to attack again, and even worse is, that the building was empty the whole time!!

So, after a while some people began to notice I was not at lunch, and began searching thinking maybe there was an accident. Well, when they found me and heard about this, they were very amused - and I was very wet, cold and ###### off about crawling in the mud all this time for nothing.

At least this experience teached me that I won't be an Airsoft Sniper anytime soon :lol:

Does anyone know how to make those scrolling/rotating images? I've seen some people with like 10 userbars on their sig, but they're all in the same image and it rotates through them.

That would be a way of having all the pics without using up your sig limit.

Just a small point - those Fallout images are probably copyrighted. It might not be wise to use them without permission. I don't want to be a killjoy, but no-one wants to get sued.

hmm, excellent ideea Hedganian! i think those images are gif's, but i'm not sure how to make them. Would be pretty cool, having a big icon, and room for the name and the description of how you got the perk, and it would switch every few seconds to the next. that would save up alot of signature space! I think we have a winner here.

And you;re right about them fallout images too, it's just that i like them so damn much :P. we'll stick with customs then..

But great job on the gif ideea.. i think you deserve the brainiac perk, even tho it's an off the field ideea :D

Aw... shucks. I just saw some people with them.

I guess checking sigs until you find someone with a rotating image, and asking that user how they did it. It would probably be an animated gif, I think that's the only way. That or a little macro that would actually change the URL inside the IMG tags every 5 seconds - but that probably wouldn't work with the forum script.

I love the Fallout Pipboy images too, they're probably the best part of the game. So funny... We're better off using custom images anyway, since we can tailor them to our own unique airsoft flavour - an image of arms sticking out of a pile of BBs for "BB magnet" springs to mind...

There should definitely be a "Chairsofter" perk - for people who spend far more time on the forum than the field. Maybe some other forum-based ones, since we're putting them in Sigs here....?

well, i've seen the rotating images too, even used a few, but it hasn't crossed my mind. So yea, Brainiac for you!

did a quick googlio search, looks like it's pretty simple to make one of those, you just need a program. Once i get some free time, i'm gonna look into it, and make a small step by step tutorial for making your own.. we'll probably make some stencils, for each perk, with the image and the name, and a space for a description that everyone can fill in for themselves. we'll have them uploaded someplace, and people can just grab the ones they want, spend 5 mins in Paint or photoshop or whatever they fancy to put a few words as description, follow the instructions to make the gif, and voila! instant perks, all perty and animated and fun!

this is getting better and better! keep the ideeas coming guys.

I was thinking more along the lines of having a standard image for everyone to use, for each perk. But perhaps we could have both? A "standard" image pre-made, or a template people could use if they're more creative and want to customise? Personally, I'm not very good with that sort of thing, so I'd sooner have a good image that's made by someone else.

EDIT: Perk suggestion - to follow on from the Chairsoft idea above, I'd like to propose the following:

Chairsofter, spend more time on the forum/internet than actually skirmishing Chairsofter

Expert Chairsofter, Follow-up to Chairsofter, actually plays less than once per month, but on the forum all the time Expert Chairsofter - Only X skirmishes/Y months

Ultimate Chairsofter, The highest Chairsofter level, plays less than once per year or NEVER, but is highly active on the forums Ultimate Chairsofter - not played since DD/MM/YYYY

Advance Payment, Spends money on airsoft guns or kit before earning it Advance Payment

What do you think, Rhyn0? I've tried to be in keeping with your other ones.

oh, yeah, almost forgot, DarkLite, same as FallenGuard, regarding Guardian and Yummy!.. you're the first, so spill it mate..

Regarding Guardian: I was in an objective game where we had to hold several key points: A bunker and a Suitcase - the idea being that the suitcase was a small nuke, and was out in the field somewhere. The attacking team were to grab the 'nuke' and bring it to the bunker, and if they got the nuke inside they won.

The defending team - with me amongst them - took 6 players and paired them up, so three hunting pairs to find the suitcase and try and keep the attackers from getting it. Infinite respawns on either side, but a 20 minute time limit. The rest of the defending team set up at the bunker. Great plan, should have worked well.

Except that I wasn't at the briefing, and neither was the team-mate I paired up with. So we got the skinny quickly off another team-mate, but his english wasn't all that great, so somewhere along the line "suitcase" turned into "bag".

Whistle blows, off we go into the bush and jungle - and I find a decently-sized assault pack in a thick patch of jungle near a riverbed.

So my partner and I set up a LUP and wait.

And wait some more. Meanwhile, we heard the two teams making contact elsewhere. We assumed it was our other scouting parties scrapping with the attackers. Actually, it was the other 4 scouts holding the suitcase against the entire enemy team and wondering what the f**k we were playing at...

So the game ends, our scouts were slaughtered, but the bunker defenses held until the timer went off and we headed back to the safezone with our "suitcase".

Which turned out to just be a bag that someone had lost a week ago. -_-"

As for Yummy!: I dropped a couple of 0.2gs into my pasta once whilst clearing my desk, and I didn't notice until I had already swallowed a few.

i know how to make the .GIFs but it would require someone to make everyone a custom .GIF, its nothing modular. and if someone made one, they would have to remake it if they get a new perk.

EDIT: i sat on the page for too long. ill read the rest of the posts later...

Dance, F**ker Dance! - run through enemy gunfire unscathed

Death or Glory - take part in a failed rush of at least 20 people - over half of the participants must have died in the rush attempt

Pickett - be the commander that ordered (did not participate) or initiated (participated) aforementioned failed rush

Hypocritical Oath - as a Medic, get more kills than healing people

First Do No Harm - as a Medic, heal more people than kill enemies

Euthanasia - as a Medic, kill an enemy that is calling for their Medic

Peer Review - as a Medic, kill an enemy Medic

Chief of Staff - as a Medic, do not die in a game

Quadruple Bypass - as a Medic, heal a team-mate while under fire from at least 4 enemies

Perfect Timing - ruin an ambush by any sort of conspicuous action be it sneezing, moving to scratch an itch, laughing, etc.

Sword and Shield - assist a new airsofter throughout their very first game for the entire game

Solid Snake - escape a patrol in an occupied building (you have to get out of the building without being detected)

Class Struggle - as a SAW gunner + assistant (medic or pack mule), kill an enemy SAW gunner + assistant

Pink Cloud of Death - as a sniper, rack up a total of 30 confirmed headshots

Altruism - volunteer to draw fire for an entire game

Noble Sacrifice - same as before, but keep dying every time you do so

Rock with your Glock - listen to music ON the field (yes I have seen this happen before)

Puppeteer - Draw a sniper's fire by placing your helmet on your gun or a stick and waving the helmet just above the window sill

Freak Show - Wear a suitably scary mask to an airsoft game

Living the Dream - Wear a sci-fi outfit to an airsoft game (IE Star Wars storm trooper, Master Chief, Helghast, Jin-Roh, Star Trek, Umbrella Corp)

David and Goliath - Kill a SAW gunner using only a pistol/knife

Bubble Wrap - covered head to toe in protective gear (NOT load-bearing gear but like pads and recognized armor) or thick clothing

Polar Bear Plunge - play airsoft in the winter wearing summer clothing

The Fear - plant a lot of booby traps/claymores around the field

Doorman - kill more than one enemy as they move through a doorway

Airmail - own more than 4 40mm type gas grenades

Sam Fisher - kill someone while hanging upside down

Bunny Hop - do this action while trying to avoid enemy fire

Skinny Dipping - play airsoft without a shirt on

Picasso - apply face camouflage before a game

Whistleblower - kill a sentry as he/she is reporting contact with the enemy

That's Not a Knife, THIS is a Knife - use an actual knife for "knife kills"

Crocodile Dundee - upgrade to previous achievement, must use a large and/or ornate knife for "knife kills"

Telephone - upgrade to "radio spy" achievement, confuse the enemy while on their frequency

Pied Piper - lure an enemy squad into an ambush

Ponzi Scheme - upgrade to the "Pied Piper" achievement, lure the entire enemy team into an ambush

Boomshot - kill an unsuspecting enemy with a grenade launcher

OMGWTFBBQ - be on the receiving end of aforementioned shot

Lawnmower - as a SAW gunner, kill 5 or more enemies in one burst

Testudo - make use of hand-carried cover during a game (ie ballistic/riot shield, large cardboard scraps...)

Clash of Titans - as a SAW gunner, engage in a suppression duel with an enemy SAW gunner for at least 3 minutes

Enemy at the Gates - as a sniper, hunt down an enemy sniper exclusively for the entire game

I Mean Business - either likes to rack his weapon's charging handle/slide a lot, or every time he reloads he racks the charging handle/imitates real steel function

Academy Award - constantly quote movie lines during a game/high pressure situations

Whippersnapper - kill an enemy that is 5-10 years older than you

Flyswatter - kill a minor or an enemy 5-10 years younger than you

Juvenile Delinquent - kill a parent on the opposing team

Child Discipline - kill your son/daughter on the opposing team

My Brother's Keeper/Sister Sister - kill a sibling on the opposing team

Maestro - communicate using only military hand-signals for one game

Drama Queen - Impersonates actually getting hit with a bullet when hit with a BB

wow, some excellent perks there agent47, really great stuff, and hedganian too. I'm wayy too tired now to go though it all (29 hrs straight working trauma at the hospital), but as soon as i get up later this evening or tomorrow i'm gonna get to work pruning and adding them to the list.

reagrding the gifs, yes you would have to remake it every time you get a new perk, but it doesn't seem that much of a bother.. 5 mins and you;re done.

from what i understand, it's all about having the images, selecting them in the order you want the gif done, and setting a few values like refresh time.. click click click clik .. finish... done. thats about it.

regarding custom gif's, we're probably gonna have bog standard ones, which you can use right away, which will be image, perk name, and the standard description, or if you want to edit them, it only takes a few minutes in paint or some other image editor where you overwrite the vanilla text with your own description.

Pink Cloud of Death - as a sniper, rack up a total of 30 confirmed headshots

That's Not a Knife, THIS is a Knife - use an actual knife for "knife kills"

Boomshot - kill an unsuspecting enemy with a grenade launcher

Is it just me that finds encouraging these to be full of fail?

Archived