Airsoft Perks Project

Rhyn0

Let's see...

Ridonkeylous - score a kill with an unorthodox, ridiculous "weapon", ie. rubber chicken, womble, sex toy, etc. - Ridonkeylous

And one from me:

Attractive Face - Somehow, you get shot in the head surprisingly often. - Attractive Face

Based on my own experience - even if people don't want to, they hit me in the head pretty often. Maybe I'll get myself a polished steel mirror instead of popping my head around corners?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I heartily support the idea of a perk for an unusual weapon - would launching soft-toy hedgehogs from an M203 count? ;)

Yes. As does an RIS-mounted "intruder"-bayonet. I'll let your mind wander on that one.

A sneak peak at the perk images.. we got a very talented guy here in romania working on them.. I for one am enthusiastic about his work, but i wanna hear oppinions:

perkuri.jpg

we got from left to right: Sinister smile, Friendly fire expert, hunted and Destroyer of worlds.

oh, and ninja:

perkuri%20ninja.jpg

Which came first?

The hedgehog or the online moniker?

The origins of my name are shrouded in mystery, only a very few know and understand them. But the name came first, then the team name, then the tactical hedgehog launcher came much later...

EDIT: Nice pics - but how good will they look when shrunk right down to fit into a sig?

well he said they were vectorized or vectored or some other technical thingie i don't really understand, and shrinking them will not be a problem.

WE're aiming for 100X100 pixels for the sig images, so that's not too small.

For those of you who haven't read the whole thread: it will be a rotating gif, so everyone can have as many perks as they want.

Something like this ( this is a very crude example):

testgif.gif

It will be somewhere along the lines of 300/100 or 400x100.. or maybe a bit smaller for people who want space in their sigs for something else, maybe 200x80 ..

So you're going to have pre-made rotators? How will that work? I would think that every user would have to make their own and update it if they got a new perk.

I'm sure there would be a way to actually have a script to update the images and rotate them based on what perks were selected by a user, but I think it would need an entire website of its own, a crosslinked database and god-knows what else - all very complicated. :unsure:

I'd like to propose two:

Cheapsofter- kill someone with a cheap spring pistol shooting less than 200 fps

One last Charge!- charge an overwhelmingly large group with your side arm(s)

Both have happened to me. I got a kill with a $10 spring pistol (chrono wouldn't pick it up!)

Another time, I was the last one alive in CQB. I was asked to surrender, but I decided to charge out. Cocked my two 1911s and ran out. I nailed 6-8 of them before getting hit and I still had one respawn!

Littlun or Youngin: Be the youngest person playing on that particular day.

The Three Musketeers: Be on a squad of three (possible four if you count D'Artagnan) and never have any of you be killed the entire day but still must engage the enemy.

Epic Fail (or a better name): Be in a really good position to attack a group of enemy's, then when you go to you attack them your gun jams or you realize you have no ammo left or no magazine in all the while screaming your head off. AKA you weapon does not work.

ferrarilove it'd probably help if you went back adn read through as littleun and epic fail have both been done before! Although to be fair a mod needs to merge all the exisitng ones into the first post.

But never to end on a negative spin how about...

The Sniper is silent As a sniper be spotted first and shot throughout a game and fail to make a single kill x games spotted first

I thought there was a second batch of approved that hadn't been merged into the first yet, or maybe it has now haven't read back to the start in a while ^^

Also I just had a totally random idea which would make the design of badges MUCH quicker, I was playing X-wing earlier (for those that remember that game they don't make em liek they used to :P) And they have Tour of Duty Badges taht you collect, so I was thinking, perhaps a table with the badges included as ToD as small images with a hover over fr what they are, be VERY quick to design and build and you can fit all of them in your signature, jsut a random idea tho

aye defiantely not as crazy-funny-cool, BUT with community driven projects there is usualy one stumbling block and thats when people have to make lots of the same or similar stuff, as it turns out ot be very time consuming.

Hence something simple that anyone can make, style is continuous and expandable, Id but 3 ribbons tho instead of 2 and all on white bg. Then even with jsut 6 colours say red, green, yellow, blue, pruple and grey you got 769 combinations (approx) which is far more than there should ever be perks.

Just an idea tho ^^

Archived